Sign in to follow this  
Exostomp™

Need help getting a repeal for a ban.

Hey guys, about 2 months ago I was banned from Dungeon Defenders for some reason and I want to resolve this so I can play my favorite game, online again. I have contacted Trendy through multiple ways (email, twitter, and even on the main website) yet I have gotten no answer back from them. If anyone knows how to get in contact with them please let me know. Thank you in advance.

@Rexou quote:

if vac ban then its permanent

He is just banned from the Trendy part of DD so he can't play on ranked. I don't know if they are still looking into this tbh, best part would be to set up a second account and buy the game in a sale on that account.

VAC bans can't be reversed under any circumstances. VAC banned players can still use Open and Local modes to play.

If it's not a VAC ban, it is generally because the player obtained ridicuously hacked items, whether they did it themselves or got them from someone else. If something looks way too good to be true it probably is.

Unfortunately they won't do anything about such bans either. In some rare cases where items are only slightly illegitimate and you can demonstrate that you had no way of knowing there have been a few cases where second chances were given, however don't hold your breath.

If you were VAC banned and you truly believe you did nothing wrong, it is highly advisiable that you at least scan your computer for malware, but ideally the best thing to do is reset/reinstall Windows to ensure that no traces of any cheats/programs/etc remain before attempting to create a new aco*** or rebuy a game, because if you don't do that you could just banned again.

It isnt a VAC ban I dont think, when I try to go on ranked it just says to contact Trendy to try to appeal the ban and no response from them yet. Any ideas?

@Alhanalem quote:

VAC bans can't be reversed under any circumstances. VAC banned players can still use Open and Local modes to play.

If it's not a VAC ban, it is generally because the player obtained ridicuously hacked items, whether they did it themselves or got them from someone else. If something looks way too good to be true it probably is.

Unfortunately they won't do anything about such bans either. In some rare cases where items are only slightly illegitimate and you can demonstrate that you had no way of knowing there have been a few cases where second chances were given, however don't hold your breath.

If you were VAC banned and you truly believe you did nothing wrong, it is highly advisiable that you at least scan your computer for malware, but ideally the best thing to do is reset/reinstall Windows to ensure that no traces of any cheats/programs/etc remain before attempting to create a new aco*** or rebuy a game, because if you don't do that you could just banned again.

^

@Alhanalem quote:

I just really need help I still want to play, I know it wasnt a VAC ban

@zaxzax quote:

Create a new acc and start again, at least you know that you should not cheat for the next time. 

I never once "cheated" in my life in this game. I got a ban that was not deserving and I want it to be resolved, but trendy isnt taking any action in helping falsely accused bans. Honestly im never buying another game from them again if this is how they "care" about thier customers. I have been asking for months now and not even a response from them.

Just make a family share account and start over.  I remember what was in your tavern and what you were selling to other players, and I don't imagine it's likely Trendy will decide to unban you.

@Exostomp™ quote:

@zaxzax quote:

Create a new acc and start again, at least you know that you should not cheat for the next time. 

I never once "cheated" in my life in this game. I got a ban that was not deserving and I want it to be resolved, but trendy isnt taking any action in helping falsely accused bans. Honestly im never buying another game from them again if this is how they "care" about thier customers. I have been asking for months now and not even a response from them.

Exo, People don't normally get falsely accused and banned. You got banned for a reason. If you're that eager to play online again, just make a new account. 

Between you and me (and everyone else who reads this thread because you just bumped it to the front of the forums) Even if you got the slight chance of getting unbanned, everyone who's read this is going to know you, mostly for all the wrong reasons.

@Plane quote:

Just make a family share account and start over.  I remember what was in your tavern and what you were selling to other players, and I don't imagine it's likely Trendy will decide to unban you.

wow u have a great memory i mean its a 2 months old post and u answered back today

@Rexou quote:wow u have a great memory i mean its a 2 months old post and u answered back today

I actually have notes and screen shots because I need to write stuff down to report players :)

oh hey btw reporting players today they still do something about it like a warning or a temp ban or something else ???

@Plane quote:

What was I selling? like I said before I let my brother play on my account for the day I didn't he would screw up this badly. If he did sell anything hacked or something then I understand and I hope he didn't, but I want to resolve this the right way by talking to them and actually getting contact info to them. If you have contact info great, then post it here or send it to me privately. My brother told me he didn't get a warning of any sort. If you reported him or this account then why not tell him before doing so, so that he wont do it anymore? Hes only 8 I dont think he knew much of what he was talking about. Thanks for responding back though, please let me know what to do to resolve this, thank you.

ExoStomp,

I feel your pain.  I have over 2,000 hours in this game.  I was recently banned because I was caught selling hundreds of hacked diamonds, hacked Ult+++ armor and even a hacked level where you can practice fighting the old one.  The problem is, that I was out of town for a few months.  I had my 90 year old grandma house sit for me.  Apparently she got on my account and just went hog wild creating all sorts of hacked goods.  I never would have thought my grandma was a haxor but it's really the only explanation.  I sent screenshots and even some video captures from my security system of my Gam Gam creating hacked items and trading them but I'm still banned.

So take it from me kids, don't give your Gam Gam, your steam password.  :(

locking the thread since players arent going to be able to help much and may just troll you. 

I have sent you a message with some information.