Sign in to follow this  
Pikachu4Thunder

First Hero Recommendation?

Hi, I'm still fairly new to the game i just happened to finish campaign and currently making my way to floor 4. I'm close to being able to buy my first hero, but i'm sure what to pick. I narrowed it down to Mystic or Ev2 because I've read a lot of forums about them and from what i can tell they both seem pretty fun to play but are there any better picks? Any advice on which to pick as a first hero? 

In general, in addition to the fun factor, I personally feel newer players should pick heroes who offer the most options for endgame progression. My top recommendations would be EV2, Mystic, Dryad, or Abyss Lord.

If you want a summary of the premium heroes and their features, check out this recent guide I made. Personally, I'd pick EV2 between your choices because she has some generally useful unique utility as a builder and she can hybrid as a builder and DPS earlier than other characters due to not needing range talents.

@Pikachu4Thunder quote:

Hi, I'm still fairly new to the game i just happened to finish campaign and currently making my way to floor 4. I'm close to being able to buy my first hero, but i'm sure what to pick. I narrowed it down to Mystic or Ev2 because I've read a lot of forums about them and from what i can tell they both seem pretty fun to play but are there any better picks? Any advice on which to pick as a first hero? 

Hey did you know you can go try out certain heroes for free by going to the portal. :D

jesus-diaz-shot1.jpg?1513191305

I did a lot of looking around before i bought my first hero. I am also a returning DD1 player, so i am very familiar with the core 4 already. Save the Adept, Initiate, and GW for the last heroes you get, as they are more specialization ones, and don't add to your overall tower abilities much or at all. Dryad is great, but more for late game so get her like 3rd. For your first pick i would recommend going with either the LM, AL, or the Mystic, and between those i'd go with the Mystic. She has the best barricade in the game IMO, and the Obelisk is a must against late game fliers. You get a lot of cool towers with her. EV2 is unique, but almost too unique and i would wait until like hero 3-4 to get, just because her towers are much more finesse style. It takes time to get used to it, much like Dryad. 

Most of the new heroes have tower sets that on lower floors still work. It is not until like Chaos 2 that you start realizing that certain towers are way better than others. Every class has at least 1 tower you will want/need for very late game play, so you will get most of them eventually. Campaign and early Ascension is the only time where every tower is still great, so enjoy that as long as possible. 

End game heroes that are highly recommended - Dryad, EV2, Mystic, AL

In the end it is all just personal preference. Play who looks fun.