Sign in to follow this  
ummmhi

After replay map update, onlsought 3 map system is still needs to GO!

OK, after the replay map update today, I was playing on floor 61, and on map 3, the lost temple, and whiling building, the games says ohhh lost connnection, ENG error, or something silly. Whatever the reason, the game crashed and now I STILL have to redo do all map 1 and map 2 again before I get back to map 3. I was unable to utilize the replay map function becasue the game crashed or connection timed out or whatever.. SOOOOOO, I still want the whole entire 3 map system to be gone with.! It makes no sence at all and only cause pain and fustration. And im considering even quitting playing dd2.u can

Another way to fix this 3  map system is to have a save map inbuilt funcition that saves after you complete each map. SO we can play map 1 of 3 on tuesdays, and map 2 of 3 on wednesday, and if we want play map 3 of 3 a week later. SO we dont have to play 3 maps in a row without any savepoints. Some people dont have the time to play 3 maps in a row. We need a save point after each map, and then we can come back to it hours later or days later to finish it.

I agree 3 maps  without a save feature is a bit too much to commit to in one sitting. A mandatory 1-1½ hour minimum spare time, will convince many people to pass on playing, if they are on the verge, time-wise.

It would be so much easier to simply go to 1 map per floor. Then we do not need a new save system, as it would naturally already do so. Then just increase the requirements for AP and gating so that it is still the same # of total floors, and the every 3rd map or so can still be the Lost Temple. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

It would be so much easier to simply go to 1 map per floor. Then we do not need a new save system, as it would naturally already do so. Then just increase the requirements for AP and gating so that it is still the same # of total floors, and the every 3rd map or so can still be the Lost Temple. 

No doubt about it! Casual players will thank trendy for this.

@Jaws_420 quote:

Agreed too! I always thought it'll be one map per floor until the anouncent said otherwise.

The bugs that cause the game to crash or freeze needs to fixed for sure. There's nothing more frustrating than having to start over after reaching map 3 because of a system error rather than not actually being able to beat it. I'm not a huge fan of this new re roll and replay option. I liked the difficulty and challenge of onslaught. Having the ability to change maps and mutators on top of replays seems like it kills the core of this mode. Onslaught in my mind was supposed to be difficult and frustrating, in a good way.  If it weren't for the rewards of playing onslaught this now just feels like chaos trials with mutators.  A save option honestly would've been a much better update. A save between maps with the save disappearing if you lose or turn off the game during combat phase though so people don't just use it as a retry. 

My husband and I stopped playing for this, even after recently spending money. THe game is just too unstable to be able to play, and the mandatory 1.5+ hour sessions to do 3 maps in a row is just stupid. I don’t mind needing 3 wins to progress a floor, but to do it in one sitting...who thought this was a good idea????

@icarosousa quote:
@Jaws_420 quote:

No doubt about it! Casual players will thank trendy for this.

It's not just for the sake of casual players, though. In terms of saving time per run, sure. But the time concern isn't the only one being discussed. The bigger issue is players being dropped or crashing. The game has always had, and will always have, issues with random disconnects or crashes. Even people with the best possible internet connection, fully wired and set to have the least amount of jitter or fluctuations, can't fully avoid this issue. It's server-side...

So to penalize players and make them slog through multiple maps again due to zero fault of their own: that is bad for all players of this game. It needs to change in order for Onslaught to be truly appealing. And since getting servers with enough strength and redundancies to avoid disconnects is physically impossible for a company their size: they need alternatives. The things suggested above in this thread, and in the past, are fantastic ideas. Having just one map per floor, but increasing the difficulty or time investment to compensate, etc.

There goes my peace of mind thinking they included a solution for disconnects due to Playverse expiring, game crashing, needing a break, etc. We really need a system in place that limits our time committed to Onslaught as the greater the time commitment, the greater the chance of us disconnecting. A replay system that doesn't include players who disconnect for whatever reason is a mediocre solution.

@Lagmonster quote:

Well one good note and of course I can't speak for everyone but since the latest patches, I've only crashed one time.

I too have noticed this as I've yet to have Playverse expire on me mid-game. It seems the servers are more stable.