Sign in to follow this  
[CG] LAWLTA

Power of the Ancients Patch 2.1.0

Greetings Defenders,

Patch 2.1.0 is out now! With some of your tremendous feedback, we were able to implement some high demand changes. Let’s get into it!

Onslaught Changes

Replay Map

With this patch we are introducing the ability to replay a map. Infinitely. Are you about to complete Map 3/3 for your floor, and you get defeated? Now you can step right back into the fray with the same map and Mutators to take on the challenge again. No more re-climbing the previous two floors after losing on the third

Re-roll Map

Sometimes you hit a map with specific Mutators that aren’t your favorite to play against. With the new Re-roll feature, you have the option to re-roll a map that you may not like. When you re-roll there is a chance to receive the same map, but it will generate new Lane Schedules and Mutators for you to challenge. Re-rolls are limited to three per map as you climb, and cost nothing to use!

Voting

When playing with others in a public match, and not in a party, every player will have the option to vote to re-roll or replay a map. The majority wins, but if there is a tie between replaying and re-rolling, replaying takes precedence and wins.

When in a party of any size, the party leader controls all the votes. This means, if there is a party of four, the party leader decides on re-rolling or replaying map. On consoles, player one also controls this system as well.

General Changes

Previously when playing, after 8 consecutive victories, you were sent back to the Tavern or Town. With Patch 2.1 we have increased this from 8 to 30. This increase allows you to keep more consecutive wins and the bonus shards that come with them!

Xbox One Updates

We released our previous hotfixes for PlayStation 4 and Steam users. With this patch, XBox One players will receive the changes introduced in the following hotfixes:

Hotfix 2.0.3

Hotfix 2.0.4

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue with Proton Beam Slow not increasing the slow intensity.

• Fixed an issue with Book Drop Duration not increasing the duration.

• Fixed an issue with Abyss Stone damage not increasing when investing into the talent.

Looking for more info as to what's coming? Check out Elandrian's Check-In for a glimpse into the future.

For Etheria!

The Dungeon Defenders II Team

Any chance we can get an official comment on whether or not you consider the form "fix" for the Lavamancer and the Dryad in regards to Assassins working as intended or if the intent was not to have it affect the Dryad?

While I personally have not pushed high Onslaughts I suspect that Assassins aren't a big enough of an issue to not rollback the Lavamancer change till a proper implementation can be made, if indeed the changes were not intended to cause the form change on the Dryad.

As someone who only uses the Dryad currently this change has me not wanting to play anymore when you end up losing a tree due to dropping out of form at a bad time. If this is a permanent change please let us know so that we can plan accordingly, in my case it would be to find a setup not using the dryad going forward.

Based on this thread it seems to be a bug. Probably from fixing the lavamancer getting pulled out from underground. I hope they resolve it as soon as possible. Not sure how many people use lavamancer to cheese  assassins, but a ton of people were maining dryad for onslaught :(

@Saltydk quote:

Any chance we can get an official comment on whether or not you consider the form "fix" for the Lavamancer and the Dryad in regards to Assassins working as intended or if the intent was not to have it affect the Dryad?

While I personally have not pushed high Onslaughts I suspect that Assassins aren't a big enough of an issue to not rollback the Lavamancer change till a proper implementation can be made, if indeed the changes were not intended to cause the form change on the Dryad.

As someone who only uses the Dryad currently this change has me not wanting to play anymore when you end up losing a tree due to dropping out of form at a bad time. If this is a permanent change please let us know so that we can plan accordingly, in my case it would be to find a setup not using the dryad going forward.

It still doesnt save the progress. When I am at map 3 and then go to tavern i have to restart from map 1. Is this going to change? Some people cant play for hours to complete a Floor. 

@ShagTR20 quote:

It still doesnt save the progress. When I am at map 3 and then go to tavern i have to restart from map 1. Is this going to change? Some people cant play for hours to complete a Floor. 

My understanding from the notes above is that it's not a "save" system but a chance to replay a failed map. If you fail map 3 then you get to retry or re roll it but if you leave to tavern then you're back to map 1. 

@Sarox quote:

So you have to lose the map before you can reroll it? That just seems like wasted time to me.

I think the point is you have to try, and if you fail, then you can reroll. Otherwise we would all just spam the reroll button to get an easier map every single time. Too much possible abuse if offered upfront IMO. 

Thank you TE!!!!!! Love the change to the 3 map system. I think that will help a lot of people out with their frustrations. I know i am stuck on a 3 map now, and i can't wait to download and try this when i get home. Great update!!!!!

Here is hoping that def packs come back again to lower floors in the next update. This change made me very sad. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

Thank you TE!!!!!! Love the change to the 3 map system. I think that will help a lot of people out with their frustrations. I know i am stuck on a 3 map now, and i can't wait to download and try this when i get home. Great update!!!!!

Here is hoping that def packs come back again to lower floors in the next update. This change made me very sad. 

It would be great. I think it would be an added incentive to help low lvl players.

@BeerGoggles quote:

Don't the defender packs drop (by some chance) on your highest onslaught level? So if you reset then you can get them on level 1.

i know there is a new system, however since it was put in place, i have both cleared new floors and old ones and i have yet to see a single defender pack... I was getting them almost every floor before, and now....nothing. 

@Saltydk quote:

Dryad-stunned-in-corrupt-form,-is-this-a-dang-bug snip

It was an unintended change, due to how Dark Assassins interacted with the Lavamancer.

This will be undone, we're working on it now. <3

@Lawlta quote:
@BeerGoggles quote:

Don't the defender packs drop (by some chance) on your highest onslaught level? So if you reset then you can get them on level 1.

This is correct! :)

yeah, that is the system i am talking about. So far i have not had one drop on any of my new highest floors won, and i am a ways off from being able to reset, not that i plan to reset at this time given the current AP system. So effectively i went from getting one on the majority of times i played any floor to ZERO... 

This also killed my willingness to help lower floor players. Apart from grinding some floors for certain chaos shards, i see no bonus apart from gold and exp. (which is limited on lower floors) in helping anyone even 1 floor lower than my max now. Before i got a kick out of helping others, and always figured "at least i may get a def pack". It was my motivation. I got a bunch of awesome skins too, and it just made me want to play more

Here's hoping those who played before the update got a bunch of good skins before the drought was brought upon us. It may be a VERY long time before many of us see any new skins for ourselves. Most of the time when i get packs, i have repeats, so having even less chances to get a...repeat...well that is just lame. If it was guaranteed that each pack had zero duplicates (or pets, remove those from packs please), well that might change things. 

Not a fan of this new pack system. At all. It has quickly moved up to my #1 issue with the game   Emoji_TNT.png

(still love the new reroll update though  ; )

@Lawlta quote:

@Saltydk quote:

Dryad-stunned-in-corrupt-form,-is-this-a-dang-bug snip

It was an unintended change, due to how Dark Assassins interacted with the Lavamancer.

This will be undone, we're working on it now. <3

Thanks for the quick response!