Sign in to follow this  
Love_Lucky_777

Forum ranks (what is this wizardry)

"I want it over and done. I do. I'm tired, boss. Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. Tired of not ever having me a buddy to be with, or tell me where we's coming from or going to, or why. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world everyday. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head all the time. Can you understand?"

—John Coffey (Michael Clarke Duncan) in The Green Mile (1999)

I do understand....

RSDCD: 96

"Few things in the world are more powerful than a positive push. A smile. A world of optimism and hope. A 'you can do it' when things are tough."     - Richard M. DeVos

You can do it Richard. 

RSDCD: 89

"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world."        -Harriet Tubman

Those teary rasta dreams are so close....

RSDCD: 52

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."    - Michael Jordan

Good point Mike....but then again, having insanely amazing talent doesn't hurt either, eh? LOL

And i cannot pass this opportunity up but, 

RoOeHwT.jpg

RSDCD: 17   (ALMOST THERE!!!!!!!!!)

Dunno what's going on here... But i'm in.

"A wise man once said that nothing really dies. It just comes back in a new form.

Then, he died."

A cookie to the guy who finds the source :p

@NoosS quote:

Dunno what's going on here... But i'm in.

"A wise man once said that nothing really dies. It just comes back in a new form.

Then, he died."

A cookie to the guy who finds the source :p

Thread began as talking about what the titles you get in the forum. In doing so - i decided i really wanted my own, so i have been campaigning to get it. Lawlta keeps making me jump through crazy hoops like some mad evil puppeteer to get it. The last hoop i had to jump though is almost upon us...i am so excited!!!!

So to pass time, and to share some wisdom and humor - i put a quote out each day. I love that you added to it. Feel free to do some more. 

By the way - Futurama, Galactic Entity. BAM. "C" is for cookie, that is good enough to eat.....NOM NOM NOM

Just gonna put one here for the sake of it ;)

".....it is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory!" - Bruce Lee.

I suppose this quote could apply to this too - while it's good to focus on the (micro) details, don't forget to look at the bigger picture.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

Just gonna put one here for the sake of it ;)

".....it is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory!" - Bruce Lee.

I suppose one of them is while it's good to focus at the (micro) details, don't forget to look at the bigger picture.

Great quote from a Legend. Don't miss the forest for the trees, eh? The big picture all too often alludes us in our daily lives when we tend to get micro-focused on our little part in all of it. 

Ok Lawlta....here i am, humbly before you making my plea. I have jumped through the hoops and survived. Please make me the RASTA SHARK DEFENDER!!!!! 

So far i have paid you a million dollars (of unspecified currency)

935T3MW.jpg

I made the worst shark picture in all of history

KTN1gYR.jpg

And have a video of a hula hooping chicken (prove that is not me, ha ha)

https://youtu.be/2k0olm4tE6M

And i now stand on top of my proud 1500th post here on the forums!

so....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. No one else has to know (except the whole internet). I will not abuse my new power (much). PLEASE!!!!!!! 

your friend, 

-Jaws

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well."    - Voltaire

Looking at you  Lawltasanta.png

@Love_Lucky_777 my apologies for hijacking your thread for so long. If you don't mind i will continue to drop quotes here and there here in case anyone enjoys it. 

I'm still so happy from yesterday. Finally got my title, so awesome. I think this is best epitomized by...

"I'm happier than a tornado in a trailer park"   - Mater

You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present.”

-Oogway

"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world."    - Harriet Tubman

Who knew that Harriet also dreamt of getting a shark pet.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning."      -Albert Einstein

“If you are a dreamer come in
If you are a dreamer a wisher a liar
A hoper a pray-er a magic-bean-buyer
If youre a pretender com sit by my fire
For we have some flax golden tales to spin
Come in! 
Come in!” 
 Shel Silverstein

In memory of Shel -  

So that all of your dreams and wishes are met,

TE should give everyone a shark pet!!!!!! 

“May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.” 
 -  George Carlin

...unless they are bringing a shark pet with them....

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before."    - Edgar Allan Poe

...and quoth the shark pet - nevermore.....

"Let us put our minds together and see what life we can make for our children."   --- Sitting Bull

He must of dreamt of a day when all can have a shark pet of their own...Sharkman_insane.png

belief_quotes_1.jpg

so...if i believe a shark pet exists for everyone, it will happen. Thanks Bill. 

"All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."   ---  Abraham Lincoln

Well said Abe. My mother would have been 70 this week. Bless you in heaven mom....

"Every once in a while, a new technology, an old problem, and a big idea turn into an innovation."   ---- Dean Kamen

Sounds like Dean found a way to get the Xbox exclusive shark pet reworked and over to all the other platforms. Must have added that mustache flair. 

"The only way you survive is you continuously transform into something else. It's this idea of continuous transformation that makes you an innovation company."  --- Ginni Rometty

Sharkman_insane.png

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost."    -   J. R. R. Tolkien

I guess Tolkien and Led Zeppelin never agreed....

@Jaws_420 quote:

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost."    -   J. R. R. Tolkien

I guess Tolkien and Led Zeppelin never agreed....

"All that glitters is gold"

- Smashmouth

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of those depths."   ---  Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

They must be on Xbox and got their shark pet....Jester_Forum_icon2.png