Sign in to follow this  
ANGRY DOG SOUNDS

make hosts able to force start a wave

I think it would be a great idea to add in the ability for the host of the game to force start a wave. This way if someone needs to go afk for a few minutes you wouldnt have to wait like 3 minutes for the next wave to start, this could help with some other stuff too idk.

This would also help with Crystalline Dimension / Temple of Polybius, assuming the host isn't the dead one.

Or just make it override normal ready function so you can ready while dead.

Bump for this!
Don't like to kick people, but don't like it when they go AFK on Moonbase, Ember, ToW, etc. type maps which have long build phase timers. 
The same "host-controlled beacon/pillar" implemented in Boss Rush can be implemented to force start a wave.

Bump it!!!

I just hate when friends or other players need to go AFK. I have to wait the build phase timers cause I feel wrong to kick them. They asked permission to go AFK, and I can't say no when I have no idea if they have to do something important.

Yes Please!

This is a great idea.

Additionally, maybe the host can grant the "force start" option as a privilege to members of the party for when said host has to afk.

I put this in.  The default key binding is ctrl-g, and it's host-only.  The host can use this even if players are dead, including the host.

@Plane quote:

I put this in.  The default key binding is ctrl-g, and it's host-only.  The host can use this even if players are dead, including the host.

Plane for president, pls. thx.