Sign in to follow this  
Dyikot

Vampirism on bosses.

I lost game on 10 floor(3d map) about it, boss heal 600-800k and how i can win that?My dps max 100k and dps fissure 100k and How i can win?Tell me Trendy.

Well, I'm not Trendy. However (and I'm not trying to be offensive or anything) you could try to not let them reach the wall in the first place. Unless the lane is extremely short you should have plenty of time before a boss reaches the wall if you pull it back a bit, which is a good idea on vamp lanes. Furthermore, add some kind of CC or at least speed reduction, like a frosty proton beam or a frost tower.

I'll admit that Mutator could be crazy at times, but the best ways are what JudgeM said. And also is to keep stunning that boss, that way it won't keep attacking and heal. But the fight may be slow though 'as the stun may not last long.

I recommend getting the Concussive Chi shard for the Monk. If you don't have it, you can find it in Campaign Shard Packs. Use and fully upgrade it if you have it. But to make full use of that, you have to use a full hero damage monk.

Good question! 

Here is what I do for the times I decide to not go the boss lane straight away:

Squire Provoke & attack

EV2 Death From Above Provoke (I can hot swap to another hero while in the air if I want)

Lavamancer Provoke & attack

basically, provoke the boss away from the wall. You can keep provoking until they are far enough away where they can't even touch the walls anymore. EZ PZ Lemon SQUEEZY!! :-)

TCPOP (Take Care Peace Out Peeps)

If everything else is dead, take the barricade down and then kill him. 

I had an encounter with a vampyric siege roller around the mid lane forest biome where the barricade was quite close to the core. Didn't have enough hero dps at the time to match it's healing. It was a slow and painful 3 minutes of spending 500 crystals in vain trying to delay an inevitable defeat.

There is always one thing that you can try.  And I'd only recommend this if you are close to the end of the wave . you could always feed them walls until the game despawns them ;)

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Rentard quote:

I wouldn't advise that if it's quite near a core......

Obviously you have to consider that if you are building your walls that close to the core. But if the wall is gone, you should be able to aggro enough to give you time to burn them down. If the alternative is taking the risk or waiting for you to run out of mana to repair the barricade (which will lead to it coming down anyways) then it might be worth trying. 

Then if it fails, lesson learned to either 1) take him out before he gets to the barricade, or 2) not build barricades so close to the core. 

@Rentard quote:

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Rentard quote:

I wouldn't advise that if it's quite near a core......

Obviously you have to consider that if you are building your walls that close to the core. But if the wall is gone, you should be able to aggro enough to give you time to burn them down. If the alternative is taking the risk or waiting for you to run out of mana to repair the barricade (which will lead to it coming down anyways) then it might be worth trying. 

Considering the speed of Quiblies or Gribloks, I wouldn't risk that. But to counter that, I always stun those bosses before they wreck my blockades completely.

The Only thing I hate about vampirism is Berserkers.

this is difficult as i do not think there is a single answer that will fit all situations. How close you build to a core is not always an option, and how fast the boss descends onto your barrier is also not always an option. If it's a slow moving ogre, it is much easier to stop in time. But a fast moving boss is another issue altogether. Selling the barricade only works if you can aggro it away or have the room to spare from the core, and whomever built the barricade gets what is going on. Often the builder is just standing there...repairing the barricade. 

I think the main issue with this whole setup is that the boss gains health back at a rate that seems to be favored too highly in favor of  the boss. If we have 4 heroes standing around firing on a boss with everything they got (including stuns), it should not be able to hold their own against that. I think the health gained needs to be nerfed on this type of schedule, or a hard counter should exist (i.e. using an alternate barrier like a volcano or world tree, where it cannot get life from it). Same goes for phased enemies. 

I have not lost a map due to this yet, but i would be REALLY mad if i did. seems wholly unfair, but right now it is more of a annoyance  than anything. It is not adding to the fun of the game for me, as no amount of building with my towers seems to counter it, which is the heart of this game IMO. You just have to run over and kill it as soon as you can when its shows up...if you can... All too often though, it is just the last thing on the map, sitting there, making you mad... 

We need a hero skill or tower that can stop a boss' schedule powers, or just nerf this bad boy down some. The rate it gains health should be proportionate to its attack speed. A fast attacking boss should not get more life than an Ogre gets. A slow boss should get more in one swipe, but not more than say 25% of their health back (just throwing this as a starting point out) in one hit. A fast boss should get a lot less, so that the net accumulation of their attack string is not over 25% (or less). If the rate between boss attacks strings is long enough, we should be able to kill the boss between those attacks sequences, or the health gained on each hit should be lowered even more. In the space of say 15 seconds, the boss should have a hard limit to how much health can be gained back (and it should not be 100%). However right now, its "swipe swipe, full health", followed by a collective gamer facepalm... 

I'm up for a challenge, but this is not a test of smarts or strength. Right now it feels more like attrition. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

I have not lost a map due to this yet, but i would be REALLY mad if i did. seems wholly unfair, but right now it is more of a annoyance  than anything. It is not adding to the fun of the game for me, as no amount of building with my towers seems to counter it, which is the heart of this game IMO. You just have to run over and kill it as soon as you can when its shows up...if you can... All too often though, it is just the last thing on the map, sitting there, making you mad... 

This is why I get paranoid with vampirism berserkers, I sometimes lost because of them...