Sign in to follow this  
Titancaster

cant go to a map with friend from tavern

i wanna do a quick explanation of this probable bug as it worked in the last dungeon defenders (1). whenever i invite a friend to the private tavern and then try to begin a game from there, my friend is left in the tavern whereas i am placed into the map or session so i have to therefore invite my friend again just so we can actually play together

most cases i wouldn't mind this but it gets quite annoying when you know it can be better with a simple fix of keeping everyone in the private tavern together once a game has started or otherwise, unless someone joins another person or leaves the game

maybe this is only happening to me? any fixes and if not maybe an actual fix as i like playing this game and this puts me off the game as its not fluid..

Do you form a "party", and invite your friend into it, before you attempt the stage? 

when i press start it says leave party with my friend and i there in the same box so i would assume that we are in the same party

also we are both at the same dificulty level

"Leave party" is always on the screen, although it shroud be greyed out when not usable. You will know if you are in a party as you will have a little mauve/purple icon of a couple heads on the right-hand side of your player name on the pause screen, and only the party leader can start a map or advance to a next one. Whatever the party leader chooses (map wise), it should then also be done to all others in the party. 

I think the party system was created to replace the private taverns from DD1. There is not much need for the tavern anymore really since we got the town in DD2. If the town had a room only you could enter, where no party requests can be made - you could eliminate the tavern altogether IMO.