Sign in to follow this  
BeerGoggles

Corrupt dryad vs Assassins

Yesterday's patch introduced a new bug that when you get attacked by an assassin, it pulls the dryad out of corrupted form (and if you happened to be upgrading, cancels that too). 

Definitely makes assassins 10% more annoying. In C7, the assassins come at the exact same time as all the bosses. Now in addition to having your hero disabled, all your defenses are "disabled." If you happened to die as a result, then your defenses are down for at least 15 seconds or more because that assassin is going to hit you right as you respawn. 

In some onslaught maps there can be a lot of assassins....

Bug or Nerf stick?

I sincerely hope this was an unintended bug. This is no good when your lane doesn't have enough spare capacity to deal with the assassin quickly enough. Also when moving around in big maps where there may be no towers in close proximity. This affects not only the hero but the entire defence. Slime oil also is good for controlled burn lanes but having it removed even just temporarily can prove to have huge consequences. (air lanes above don't always allow for condition towers)

There really isn't any good reason to nerf the Dryad in such a way. There are many other alternatives to balance the game or even buff other characters. Not in a manner that makes for even more tedious gameplay.

This would be a huge nerf in higher onslaught floors. It would also make slimes basically useless for burn lanes, which I can’t imagine they would do.

I am hoping this is a bug. I feel like they wouldn’t have forgotten to mention this in the patch notes!  I hope we get clarity.