Sign in to follow this  
[CG] LAWLTA

Power of the Ancients Hotfix 2.0.4

Greetings Defenders,

Hotfix 2.0.4 is out now for PC and PlayStation 4! Xbox One Defenders will see these changes in a later patch. We’ve got even more changes and fixes coming soon, keep an eye out for them!

Towers (General)

• When equipping a Relic with Defense Health, tower health will now maintain the same percentage of health before equipping the relic.

• This means if your tower is at 3000/3000 health, and you equip a relic that increases it to 10,000, it will have 10,000 health and not need to be repaired.

Heroes

Lavamancer

General

• Lavamancer now gets pulled out of the ground when attacked by a Dark Assassin.

Tower

• Fissure of Embermount

• Tower Stat Window now displays DPS

Series EV2

Tower

• Weapon Manufacturer

• Tower Stat Window now displays DPS.

Controls

• Players will no longer lose control of their character while jumping during the victory screen.

UI

• Adjusted UI audio volume for completing challenges, earning titles, and completing legendary achievements.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue with Flamethrower Tower targeting enemies outside of its range.

• Improved stabilization on PS4 that addresses issues with crashing on transition.

• Updated Ancient Power animations, SFX, and VFX for Dryad, Lavamancer, EV2, Adept, and Gunwitch.

• Fixed an issue with curse kobold’s curse area increasing attack rate, instead of decreasing it.

• Fixed an issue that was causing stats to not load correctly.

• Fixed an issue with EV2 being able to infinitely spawn bots when using “Death From Above”.

• Fixed an issue using Call To Madness on Abominable enemies causing FPS lag and potentially crashes.

• Fixed an issue where Defender Packs were dropping below the highest completed floor.

• Removed the lockbox filter from the sorting UI.

• Fixed an issue switching from Full Screen to Windowed when the resolution is 1920x1080.

• Fixed an issue resetting pet ability cooldowns when dying.

• Fixed an issue with Game-Ogre when 2 or more mini ogres spawn, causing one to spawn on the core.

• Fixed an issue when comparing pets in 16x9 resolutions.

• Fixed an issue viewing shop name when you interact with shopkeepers.

• Fixed an issue where The Scavenger icon was not displaying correctly.

• Fixed required ascension to join a game to track current ascension level.

• Fixed an issue where Weapon Manufacturer nodes were showing charge percentages.

• Fixed an issue with Series EV2 being able to infinitely use Proton Charge.

• Fixed an issue when being invited to a party, the leader’s name was not being displayed.

• Fixed an issue when using a controller, hitting ESC the Quit option was not appearing.

• Fixed an issue being unable to scroll through C7 map list.

• Fixed an issue with Defender Pack icons looking squished when opening a Victory chest.

• Added focus for controllers when purchasing a costume in the Create Hero UI.

• Fixed an issue showing the “X” button icon when the purchase costume button is highlighted on the Create Hero UI.

• Added R3 button functionality on the Create Hero UI.

• Fixed an issue covering up item lists when comparing items with a gamepad at shops.

• Fixed an issue where Adept's Arcane Lightning; Apprentice and Adept's Flamethrower Icon; and the Monk and Initiate's Lightning Aura icon were displaying incorrectly.

• Fixed an issue when pressing enter on a naming text field it cleared the entry.

• Fixed an issue on The Lost Temple where shallow water did not play step SFX.

• Fixed the wording when a splitscreen player hits Leave Session.

• Fixed an issue with ramp collision in The Lost Temple.

• Added hitting Escape to back out of creating a hero.

• Fixed an issue where the bucket behind the blacksmith npc had a mixing texture. Finally, a bucket fit for a blacksmith NPC.

Known Issues

• The Initiate's Talisman of Empowerment Damage Protection and Range talents do not function

• The Proton Beam Slow Talent is not increasing the slow intensity.

• The Book Drop Duration Talent is not increasing the duration.

• The Abyss Stone damage increase Talent is not increasing the damage dealt.

• On PS4, if a splitscreen user leaves, the game will need to be restarted to have them rejoin.

For previous hotfix and patch information check out our Patch Notes section.

Fixed an issue where Defender Packs were dropping below the highest completed floor.

Does this reset every AP or for instance if we grinded to 114 on our first AP and we are going for 50 AP we wont have a chance to see another defender pack for months until we do our final push?

Now the dryad gets pulled out of corrupt form into base form when an assassin jumps on. Intentional or oops? :(

Lavamancer

General

• Lavamancer now gets pulled out of the ground when attacked by a Dark Assassin.

Good work on fixes.

Why would a dark assassin pull a dude out of the ground? A viable counter for the assassins has been removed for no good reason and results in reducing player choices, again. It'd be nice to get a rationale for this.

Question: is the bug where Dryad defences are causing damage numbers to show for others / affects scoring / other corrupt form users effect your Dryad defences being worked on?

@Little Magic Hat quote:

Good work on fixes.

Why would a dark assassin pull a dude out of the ground? A viable counter for the assassins has been removed for no good reason and results in reducing player choices, again. It'd be nice to get a rationale for this.

Question: is the bug where Dryad defences are causing damage numbers to show for others / affects scoring / other corrupt form users effect your Dryad defences being worked on?

i would imagine that TE did not want there to be an easy counter to the assassins, at least via hero ability. Not a fix we wanted though... 

@Little Magic Hat quote:

Whoa, this mean that a scenario of which my dryad turns corrupt which in turn corrupt's my friends dryad towers is a bug?

Hi, thanks for those fixes.
When will you fix the stat problem for the "hyper shard"   "MASS DESTRUCTION" ?
It has the same bonus stat has the  normal one whitch is 30% instead of 70%
Will you do something about this?
Cheers

Can you tell us when the shard management patch is going to happen? Another dev said, "soon." Also, what other changes are coming in that patch?

@BeerGoggles quote:

Can you tell us when the shard management patch is going to happen? Another dev said, "soon." Also, what other changes are coming in that patch?

We'll make an official announcement with that info, so keep an eye out for that post! We'll also post the link to that post on twitter and facebook. :)

new update new bug, defender pack can't open anymore. I am playing on PC. well, this bug is kinda gone too far.

@kknd quote:

new update new bug, defender pack can't open anymore. I am playing on PC. well, this bug is kinda gone too far.

There will be a fix for this very soon. :)

@Red Demon quote:

Lavamancer is too slow when he is tunneling underground

Noted, I'll see why this is happening. :)

@Lawlta quote:

When was this ever not the case? Every time I tried avoiding assassins this way, it never worked.

Also, 'Submerging Speed' shard does not affect the current submerge speed.

@Lawlta quote:

If you gain Ancient Power and reset, then you should see Defender Packs as you climb through Onslaught again. :)

Just to clarify, does this mean that we will not get any Defender Packs on floors we have already completed until we reset?

Dryad is losing corrupt form instantly when an assassin jumps on the player, as of this update. This is ridiculous especially on solo where you can easily encounter 5+ assassins consecutively. 

Minor gameplay hindrance, major quality of life decrease.

Also, ancient power does not seem to stack in multiplayer. Joined a game with host +2 ancient power range, but when pressing esc, it only showed his range bonus and not my ancient defense power bonus. EDIT: Could be a visual bug.

@Big_D_N_Lil_J quote:

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Big_D_N_Lil_J quote:

@Lawlta quote:

If you gain Ancient Power and reset, then you should see Defender Packs as you climb through Onslaught again. :)

Just to clarify, does this mean that we will not get any Defender Packs on floors we have already completed until we reset?

Yeah....it seems that way :(

Dang! That makes me sad. :-( 

All the more to have some new quest that rewards defender packs.

@MaverickHunter77 quote:

Now the dryad gets pulled out of corrupt form into base form when an assassin jumps on. Intentional or oops? :(

Lavamancer

General

TE, is this true (re:Dryad)? If so, you might as well just get rid of her corrupt form because when the hardest overall wave of enemies and bosses hits and you are solo (which is pretty much the only way to progress high floors) I am tied up with Assassins for an extended period and would basically have to always build for no corrupt (hence why have it).

I am on XBOX so don’t have the new patch yet, but my enjoyment playing the Dryad massively boosted my hours playing, I have been a huge fan of Onslaught and looking forward to a reset process (and thousands of hours of future playtime) once I hit a floor wall and although I primarily play dryad (I find her so much more fun), innovative Modes like mastery and mutators have led me to purchase many other characters and I always use a wide variety of defenses in addition to a base set by the Dryad.

If you make her corrupt form useless (and if I can’t maintain it at all over peak periods even through strategic planning it will be) then I am likely to back way off of her and that will mean backing off the game.

As one of your (few) high volume Xbox players (my Id is aMEIzing freeze and I have cleared floor 138, and yes - it is getting harder and I anticipate a hard wall soon! So not really sure nerfs are needed!) please be as thoughtful as possible here.

Note that I prefer the approach Yeti takes. I FEAR him. When he comes (because he can pull me out) I have to adjust my strategy (and sometimes defenses) and be prepared to stay back and let my defenses hold him until crowds thin due to risk of losing corrupt. But with Assassins that isn’t a choice. It isn’t like I can kill them before they strike and adjust my strategy to prevent getting pulled out of form. At least give me options to manage against successfully with thoughtful planning vs “sorry, no corrupt for you for as much as 45 sec straight during peak need”.

Also, although Assassins might be an “annoyance” at lower floors, as I have progressed higher they are a much more dangerous to Dryad already anyway (because if you die, of course your corrupt is down). I have already had to adapt to survive them in extreme ways (and that is approaching a wall). I have had to massively focus on health and damage mitigation because of Assassins. I have had to adjust all my Dryads gear to ensure they all have a (good) health stat. I have had to re-allocated my ascension to maximize health first. I have had to ensure I have a location with Cannons (with stun) and maybe lightning aura I am by when they strike in late wave. I have to use sparkle party and thoughtfully reserve my use of it. I have been dropping critical Dryad shards to leverage damage reduction shards. I have only been able to progress by making these changes because of the amount of damage Assassins are putting out and the amount of health they have. Also, even though I am still in corrupt form, playing solo I can’t personally help any lanes. And as Onslaught gets harder it is more and more critical to be prepared to “help” a lane. So there is already strong counter there and, honestly, the two things that cause me to lose a map and will end my ability to progress floors long before broad enemy health/dmg is my ability to survive Assassins and increasingly difficult schedules (lots of hard frosty+cyborg variants, I have had as many as 4 burn lanes in a map, etc).

BTW, I am fine with all this and have no problem with a wall approaching that requires an eventual reset (so as to raise ascension caps and come back more powerful). But with what I am seeing still so early in Onslaught (floor 138 may seem high, but in an “infinite mode”, not even two months into update and considering the fact that I have had to start using a lot more hero’s and defense types... I am not sure it is)...not sure nerfs are necessary.

@Sn/+/per quote:

'Submerging Speed' shard does not affect the current submerge speed.

In addition to this, the following pet abilities have been affected:

• 'Curse Aura' - No longer provides a speed boost.
  • 'Sandstorm' - Provides neither a speed boost or increased hero damage.
  • 'Poisonous Tips' - No longer provides a hero damage boost.
  • Dragolich's 'Ghost Wail' - Doesn't increase damage against enemies affected.

There are probably other abilities affected as well but from what I can see, abilities that deal damage directly (i.e. projectile abilities) still work as intended.

Edit: Also, the 'Swift Provocation' shard doesn't seem to be working. The 'Speed Boost' shard, 'Fountain of Speed' shard and Movement Speed talent appear to be working as usual.

@Sn/+/per quote:
@Sn/+/per quote:

'Submerging Speed' shard does not affect the current submerge speed.

In addition to this, the following pet abilities have been affected:

• 'Curse Aura' - No longer provides a speed boost.
  • 'Sandstorm' - Provides neither a speed boost or increased hero damage.
  • 'Poisonous Tips' - No longer provides a hero damage boost.
  • Dragolich's 'Ghost Wail' - Doesn't increase damage against enemies affected.

There are probably other abilities affected as well but from what I can see, abilities that deal damage directly (i.e. projectile abilities) still work as intended.

Ok, that's another that doesn't sound good. Not one bit. Well, time to change to sparkle party since there's assassins' anti-corrupt now.

@BerryJelly quote:

Dryad is losing corrupt form instantly when an assassin jumps on the player, as of this update. 

Minor gameplay hindrance, major quality of life decrease.

Between this and pet abilities not working, my quality of life plummeted severely. I really hope this is an unintentional bug as it's a royal pain to remember to go corrupt immediately following an assassin encounter.