Sign in to follow this  
Plane

Wheel o' Fortuna

Here's the info I've got on Wheel o' Fortuna at the moment.

Wheel patterns that scale with ab2 stat

Damage All - Caps at 3726 ab2, scales from 10% damage up to 50% damage.  Damage is rounded down, so enemies with even max HP will die after 2 capped wheels, and enemies with odd max HP will have 1 HP left over after 2 capped wheels.

Wheel Heal - Caps at 3726 ab2, scales from 15% healing up to 75% healing.  Always affects all players and towers.

Buff Players - Damage boost scales with ab2 and does not cap.  However, the boost is always much lower than a Propeller Cat's boost and it does not stack.  Resistance boost does not scale and always cuts damage in half.  Lasts 18 seconds.

Gold Enemies - Caps at 4769 ab2.  Scales down from 25% enemies golded to 5% enemies golded at cap.

Wheel patterns that do not scale with ab2 stat

Kill Percent - Kills enemies one at a time until at least 15% of enemies in the list have been killed, starting with the oldest enemies on the map.  Due to a bug, kill percent uses the list of all enemies on the map including dead enemies that have not yet despawned.  Since it's calculating the number of enemies to kill based on the wrong list, it often ends up killing more enemies than intended, usually around 20–30% of living enemies during waves.  Due to this bug kill percent is often effective for killing the last few enemies at the end of a wave.

Debuff Enemies - Affects all enemies for 14 seconds, making them take more damage (142.5%) and do less damage (48.303%).

Buff Enemies - Affects all enemies for 14 seconds, making them take less damage (66.67%) and do more damage (250%).

Stun Enemies - Stuns 64% of enemies for 5 seconds.  When this causes enough network updates, it can make the game stop updating for players other than host for thirty seconds or even longer, which can be a major handicap.

Upgrade Nearby Tower - Upgrades 1 tower by 1 level, whichever is closest to the player.

Downgrade Nearby Tower - Downgrades 1 tower by 1 level, whichever is closest to the player.

Prevent Players From Repairing - Prevents all players from repairing for 10 seconds.

Slow Down Time - Slows time to 50% for 10 seconds.

I'm fine with leaving wheel the way it is, but I know some people are interested in changing it, so I thought I'd put this information out there. 

Interesting mechanic for kill%...

I would personally like kill% to be more reliable in how many enemies are killed instead of relying on an ever changing list. Basing it off of the total wave seems wrong though, as it would wipe the map every time you used it on survivals. (Even 2000 enemies would be 300 killed, which wipes the map). The number killed could also scale with % of the wave cleared to retain its current use while being more reliable for the purpose.

@Caimen0 quote:

Interesting mechanic for kill%...

I would personally like kill% to be more reliable in how many enemies are killed instead of relying on an ever changing list. Basing it off of the total wave seems wrong though, as it would wipe the map every time you used it on survivals. (Even 2000 enemies would be 300 killed, which wipes the map). The number killed could also scale with % of the wave cleared to retain its current use while being more reliable for the purpose.

The list it uses only has dead enemies that died relatively recently, not all dead enemies.  I probably didn't explain it very well.  Basically, the list it uses has all the enemies the game still has to draw, and some monsters linger on the list for quite a while after dying (over 30 seconds for ogres, I think).  Sometimes the list can have 300+ enemies in it, but I don't think it ever gets close to 2000.

It would be really easy to fix the bug and make it just kill a flat 15%, which would make the behavior consistent but would also make wheel less useful for players.  So I don't want to fix it unless the community supports whatever new behavior we change it to.

I used to always think it was random how many it killed (something like 1-6 at the end of waves), but when I looked at the code I found the seemingly inconsistent behavior was due to a bug and not by design.

The utility it provides in killing off the last enemies in a wave is too useful in my opinion to remove - if there are 2 djinn stuck on the edge of a map in CD (which happens a lot), it currently kills both. I'd rather not have it only kill 15% (1 in this instance) because at that point we're wasting time.

Debuff Enemies - Affects all enemies for 14 seconds, making them take more damage and do less damage.
Buff Enemies - Affects all enemies for 14 seconds, making them take less damage and do more damage.

By what percent precisely?

I know some people are interested in changing it, so I thought I'd put this information out there.

Changing no, just adding a few rolls yes. :D

@Black Mamba quote:

Debuff Enemies - Affects all enemies for 14 seconds, making them take more damage and do less damage.
Buff Enemies - Affects all enemies for 14 seconds, making them take less damage and do more damage.

By what percent precisely?

Buffed enemies do 250% damage and take 66.67% damage.
Debuffed enemies do 48.303% damage and take 142.5% damage.

(added to original post as well)