Electric Aura help

Hey guys
I was wondering, I want to make my monks electric aura crazy strong. How high would my aura damg have to be inorder to kill off most things on hard without me having to attack with my monk. I know kinda an open question, but I mean im going to put 70 into both damg and the last 1 aura attack speed thing. Should I upgrade my items to add more dmg or more of the attack speed thing.
Thanks in advance and please feel free to correct me if i am miss understanding the aura stats

You are aware that a great deal of mobs will make it through regardless, due to lightning immunity?

in all honesty you're going to want to focus on all 4 stats for their own reasons, if you want a 'crazy strong' aura. At 166 aura strength and 90ish effect frequency, mine hits for the 700s twice a second. (has about 1400-1500 dps). And thats with lvl1 gear, to give you an idea of what to shoot for.

in all honesty you're going to want to focus on all 4 stats for their own reasons, if you want a 'crazy strong' aura. At 166 aura strength and 90ish effect frequency, mine hits for the 700s twice a second. (has about 1400-1500 dps). And thats with lvl1 gear, to give you an idea of what to shoot for.

Yup agree with ZombieGirl on this one. If you want really good auras make sure to max all of their stats. It's a good idea to make two "types" of classes, 1 for tower/aura spec and another for DPS. Since you can switch characters between waves you can put down your super awesome auras and then switch back to your DPS monk for the actual wave of mobs. This tends to be the best option in most cases.

Edit: Plus almost forgot to mention that once you have a high level tower spec hero you can quickly level your alts so the time it takes to max level won't nearly be as long for your alts.

I have 250 tower dmg and they hit for 1k The other stats are useless, since they fixed monk auras they drain slow anyway, i can put down auras in insane monster feast and never need to even repair them, even the one at the choke point. Then there's aura size, this is useless as the bigger it get the more of a indifference it becomes on some maps you simply can't place an aura where you want it. Not sure about aura speed as with mage and squire it only gains a benifit every so often, e.g squire 121 190 in between is useless. Why don't auras work on the dummies?

Basically, use a ogre childhood toy weapon with all upgrades into tower strenght - it already has 20ish natural stats in it.

Then, look for a ^39 monk guardian, and put everything into tower strenght as well. Your auras will be pretty potent by then. Then distribute the remaining upgrades in your gear on the other 3 attributes - less on aura radius though.

Cheers!