Sign in to follow this  
Black Mamba

Suggestion/Price Check on this bittersweet Ember Sceptre.

Apparently a good DPS Ember Sceptre is too much to ask for from RNGesus.
Theoretically you could find similar Clavas, Water(Elder) Staff, or Kraken Kanons... so ideally you should use it as a Proton Blast Staff. But I'm lost... :-(

Image link so you can zoom in -- https://i.imgur.com/u0rJTK6.jpg

u0rJTK6.jpg

It's a decent enough staff at ~131k, but the stats definitely hurt it.

I'd be more inclined to buy it as a tower staff, and I'd probably pay 15-20 for it, considering it's a guaranteed tdmg cap that can reach ~800 thp or low 600's trate. And it's a ++ Scepter.

Funny thing is I have a very similar ++Clava. 898 T-HP and caps TDMG. 
This one... even if it had like the t-range stat flipped to AB2, I'd just use it as a Proton Blast Stick. I might still just use it now Oh well... let see.

If I got that as a drop, I'd throw it on a tower EV in a heartbeat, especially with that tHP. I use a genie on mine because EV's tower stats scale poorly enough that I don't nickel-and-dime the stats on it, and saves time / mana to build with it during the first wave. A good deathray for taking out stray ogres at the end of the first wave would be handy, and even if you spent every upgrade on tower stats it'd still make for a halfway decent beam.

Perfect for hybrid tower/dps EV

If only I had one! kobold.png

Sadly Zurkhov's suggestion doesn't apply to me, for now, as I'm rather lazy and don't bother with map completion timings nor have I felt that on any map(except for Temple O' Love, Etherian Holiday Extravaganza and Silent Night) that I need to be active as an Hybrid EV Builder.

This is such a tough decision whether to sell / trade it or use it, and if is it... I'm torn between DPS and Tower... A 130K Sceptre is a solid upgrade on my current 114K sceptre... but those tower stats... :-(

WTF RNG... curse you!

So I went ahead and upgraded it on open. Dumped all points in base dmg, sadly its under 129.5k.
Then out of pure curiosity I tested the damage scaling with my 6k Hero Boost Monk and 5k Enemy Drain Initiate.
Well... this is just nuts! Makes me even salty. kobold.png
cZhyAuz.jpg