Sign in to follow this  
lightrayne

General Feedback/Suggestions

When I was drafting my feedback post, it ended up going over 10 pages, even when I cut some things out, so I decided to just link a formatted doc here.

Feedback Doc

Topics/Summary

Onslaught

• Floor Structure Change: 3 consecutive floors too much, 2 floors max, less lost temple for variety
  • Player Segregation: floor-progression focus makes it hard to share common goals
  • Reusable Gear: reprogression with gear should be similar to shards and pets

Enemy/Mutator Balance

• Controlled Burn (Air and Cybork Combo Lanes): Controlled Burn options severely restricted with certain combos
  • Bullet Sponge (Air Lanes): Bullet Sponge counters anti-air hard and removal is sometimes limited
  • Wall Leech and Vampiric: self-healing bosses feel overtuned at times
  • Cyborks: most crippling enemy type 
  • Frost Orcs: similar to Cyborks
  • Unexpected Lane Hard Counters: RNG bosses should not hard counter a lane built specifically for the regular enemies

Improving the New Player Experience

• Hero Ability Tooltips: current descriptions vague, needs cooldown and durations listed to see shard effects more clearly
  • Defense Tooltips: defense types matter now, include physical/magical, projectile, etc.
  • Enemy Icon "Beastiary": enemy icons need more relevant information conveniently available while in a map, maybe in-game resource with icon chart and short descriptions

Rotating Reward Systems (Dailies/Weeklies)

• New Quest Ideas: quests need more variety than just winning maps 
  • More Reward Types: defender medals aren't the only major rewards players need these days

@Big_D_N_Lil_J quote:

Here here!

1 question - What do you mean by this: 

• Reusable Gear: reprogression with gear should be similar to shards and pets
Please clarify. Thanks! 

It's explained in detail in the doc link. 

We don't have to recollect shards or pets, so I think not having to recollect gear would make the reprogression process more tolerable and players would be more willing to commit to more heroes. Right now, many are forcing themselves to play Dryad to minimize gear requirements for reprogression. My suggestion was to have a system that allows gear (weapons/armor/relics) to be reused, allowing you to upgrade your stats by tiers, provided certain requirements were met (floor requirements was an example). This way, you won't have to keep comparing gear drops if you want to play more heroes during reprogression.

Sorry. I was gonna click the link, but by the time I finished reading the post itself, I forgot! lol I'll check out the link now.

*EDIT*

Great feedback! All of it!! I especially love the daily mission  reward suggestion! hopefully Trendy implements exactly that!! :-)

Great list. Can I add something? Onslaught rewards DM and XP are seriously undertuned. Probably gold too. 

It takes about 1 hour to do 65 (if you beat all the maps) only then you get the DM. You also get ~66% exp for a 65 compared to chaos 7. 

In that same hour, you could complete 7 c7 trials  and have banked all the DM along the way.