Sign in to follow this  
Black Mamba

Suggestion about future events.

So, firstly let me get this out of the way right away -- some of the last few event maps were awesome fun, hard but fun! I loved the Halloween 2017 one with attack and defend phases tied into it. Crystal Race by far has to be one of the best "new" events, although I came in last(FeelsBadMan), it was very much fun! Now, as much fun as they were, eventually doing hard and even harder maps event after event... the fatigue starts to kick in somewhat.

So the point of this thread(TL;DR) -- Reviving some old event maps, and rerunning them with new item rewards.
There are lot of old event maps which were TONS OF FUN which varied a lot in gameplay.
(SPOILER WARNING HERE ON OUT IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE ANY OLD EVENT MAPS)

To name a few:

• Dragon Of The North(my personal favourite) was one of the most unique event maps ever designed! People who have played this would know it was loads of fun doing the in-game puzzles, fighting waves, assaulting the snowy peaks and gearing up during your adventure all the while defending cute little Blu!
  • Princess Quest was another AWESOME event involving cheeky humor and starting off as low level characters gearing up and trying to the save the "Beautiful Princess" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (If you know what I mean)!
  • Pet Race for one was very unique in its own way when it was released. Offered loads of competitive fun between friends and randoms!
  • Lord Vile's Arena another one of my personal favorite -- offered a unique gameplay experience pitting you in an arena with incoming monsters of increasing difficulty and you have to pick what you can to fight them and survive!

And there's plenty of such wonderful and truly memorable old event maps, I'm definitely missing a few. In a recent discussion with Atherial we were discussing this same thing about reviving some old maps and have them give new rewards. Some of the maps definitely deserve an encore or two! In addition to them being fun, it also makes it easier for Events Team to set them up since the maps are already there and may require only a little bit of tweaking around. Makes it faster to roll out events for everyone to enjoy.
Along with old event maps there are few really cool workshop submissions available as well which could be considered for an event run in their own way!

I'd definitely say we should have a encore of a few old event maps!
So let's see what other think of it.

Dragon Of The North is without a doubt also my favorite event and I would love to do it again, so i'm supporting it.

I also agree with this. God signing in after all this time was a pain in the butt.

Atherial showed me the link so I took the effort to try to sign in to say the above.

@Black Mamba quote:

Hey Veetoo good to see you back! :D

Thanks Mambo 😀good to be back and good that we cleared the air between us.

Let's hope the cdt will make this thread a possibility. My vote goes to little Blue 😎

Some of us started running events too late to experience these event maps so all of the mentioned ones would be new to me and others in the same situation. OFC they should have new rewards - the old rewards should never be reissued.

From someone who does not have a Blu.

@Ubara-tutu quote:

Some of us started running events too late to experience these event maps so all of the mentioned ones would be new to me and others in the same situation. OFC they should have new rewards - the old rewards should never be reissued.

Form someone who does not have a Blu.

Yeah that's the suggestion, a lot of people who are active these days have not experienced the older event maps. 
So having them re-run it with new rewards would be very nice, there are so many good old event maps deserving of a re-run!

Also out of pure coincidence, OrderOfParadox and Friends ran the Lord Vile's Arena event yesterday(or today depending on your time) after their recent [current]event run. Seemingly they had fun!

[ S P O I L E R  A L E R T ]
You can watch their stream here -- https://www.twitch.tv/videos/221363808?t=02h48m26s Skip to 2hours 48mins 26secs to watch it!

@Veetoo quote:

Veetoo seems to always get himself into trouble...geez :P

@Black Mamba quote:

Hey Veetoo good to see you back! :D

Thanks Mambo 😀good to be back and good that we cleared the air between us.

Let's hope the cdt will make this thread a possibility. My vote goes to little Blue 😎

ALthough largely retired to the great Etherian Crystal in the sky this is a nice idea as it keeps community activity alive at a more modest level of event team time.

We all appreciate the time commitment these guys give (thx again) so this might help max involvement by not overloading the small group of volunteers

@Black Mamba quote:

Haha, well it was just some silly misunderstanding! :-D

Yeah. I was acting like a... It's all cleared up now. The break did good and I realiesd I fooked up. I apologized on my childisish screenshot for behaving badly. 

Sry for derailing the thread mambo. 

PS :Klee and I started off bad too. Now he is one of my best friends 😉