Sign in to follow this  
tb3

Ancient points value?

To those that have reset (and done so more than once), are the bonuses from ancient points linear or not? For example, does each extra point give you the same (incremental) return in bonuses that the first did? 

I get the long term value of increased ascension caps but am trying to understand the potential of the ancient points....

@tb3 quote:

To those that have reset (and done so more than once), are the bonuses from ancient points linear or not? For example, does each extra point give you the same (incremental) return in bonuses that the first did? 

I get the long term value of increased ascension caps but am trying to understand the potential of the ancient points....

yep for instance lifesteal is .5% each point you put into it. 

lifesteal is solid, the range is ok, the rest are meh

@Alhanalem quote:

Keep in mind the benefits stack in parties.

few points on that,

the current game is very anti grouping unless you are on the same floor and join before the first map is over on onslaught ( or 3rd round on trials) you cant group.

Difficulty increases with more players in party partially negating the benefits

Stacking is fine, however, things like defense power increase don't affect shards like power transfer and crit is where the majority of your damage comes from. 

Respawn time and Tower build time ... lol

The increases are so small and the reward for each prestige lvl is barely noticeable. Lifesteal being the exception.

The big reason to prestige is to keep raising your talent caps to 999 at that point you will have a c7 relics stat increase in both your crit damage and tower d pwr. Unfortunately, at that point, you have beaten the game so there's nothing really left to do.

The range one seems like a real joke.

They should reward deeper investment. Like if first point gives 1%, maybe second point into same stat should do +2% (so 3% total). So with that, 5 points could give you 15%. That is not extreme but would have a real impact.

I get that the ascension cap increases are the real LONG TERM benefit, but why even have the points if they are SO LOW impact? To get any noticeable impact of resetting you have to push floors, do lots of resets, etc and THEN go achieve 2-3k ascension levels (which are “easier” since you now get a large experience multiplier if you reset a lot).

So you have to grind, to then grind to then grind. Then ULTIMATE POWER.... I guess (and then grind the 4th time to push floors as high as possible, I guess).

@Nigiri_Toro quote:

@Alhanalem quote:

Keep in mind the benefits stack in parties.

few points on that,

the current game is very anti grouping unless you are on the same floor and join before the first map is over on onslaught ( or 3rd round on trials) you cant group.

Difficulty increases with more players in party partially negating the benefits

Stacking is fine, however, things like defense power increase don't affect shards like power transfer and crit is where the majority of your damage comes from. 

Respawn time and Tower build time ... lol

The increases are so small and the reward for each prestige lvl is barely noticeable. Lifesteal being the exception.

The big reason to prestige is to keep raising your talent caps to 999 at that point you will have a c7 relics stat increase in both your crit damage and tower d pwr. Unfortunately, at that point, you have beaten the game so there's nothing really left to do.

AND...you can’t even find the games that are available. If I want to go join a trials game I now have to search BY CHAOS LEVEL for open games. Why did they take away a feature with the onslaught update making it HARDER to find games?!?!?!  Why can’t I just see a list of all available games across the game types to join? (You know, the list I was able to get prior to onslaught).

@tb3 quote:

So you have to grind, to then grind to then grind. Then ULTIMATE POWER.... I guess (and then grind the 4th time to push floors as high as possible, I guess).

I think this touches on the very issue with games like this. What are you grinding for? With Onslaught, you push and push, in hopes to have enough points before the reset to....start over and push and push again. To what end? What are you hoping to get with all those hours and grinding...just more grinding? The game needs some new carrots to dangle in front of us to attract us to keep playing. What is someone who has reset say like 20 times supposed to do with all of that extra? We are missing something like an extreme game mode, a boss rush, or some kind of ultimate goal that all of that grinding will pay off for. Otherwise, as soon as we get bored, we will just stop playing (as many have stated that they have). 

In DD1 the fun was in the fact that any level could be done almost any way, so you could try infinite builds, and the unique weapon drops were a HUGE attractant. Now in DD2, the freedom of builds has been severely crippled by the mutator's system's lack of multiple hard counters to certain schedules of enemies. The lack of unique weapon drops at levels that match your Chaos level also takes a lot away from the game for me. I like to collect weapons, especially fun and different ones. DD2 < DD1 in this regard. I would play DD1 just in hopes of getting a slightly better weapon each time i played 1 map. I was totally okay with that and found it fun. mostly because the weapon was fun though. 

I need an end goal of some kind. What am i grinding towards? Why ever reset your game? What can you not beat on floor 150 in Ascension, that resetting 20 times will then allow you to beat? Floor 151? That is not much incentive. That is unless....say like floor 200 had an ultimate weapon or boss on it. Some reason we are all pushing to get to such a high floor, that is near impossible to reach without resets, and then get some great reward for it. Some unique pet that shows off the fact you made it all the way to floor 200, and got some like godly gear/skins/weapons for your effort. Even a trophy on the PS4 system that shows you made it. Something. I need a shiny badge of honor. A platinum trophy!!!