Sign in to follow this  
Original_Cytek

Weekly Bonus - WHOA!!

So is it just me or is this weeks bonus mission the first time I have seen one that requires you to be a high level player to complete?????? you can't even access that mission unless your Chaos 7.....  Talk about excluding a chunk of players from being able to get this weeks bonus.  Has Trendy done this before?

They have done this several times before, and I really think the weekly needs to be revamped.  I feel newer players need Defender Medals more than long-time players, and a carry isn't always available.  The non-incursion weeklies are much more inclusive.

honestly dailies need a change too. Being forced to play specific maps in a game where, for some lame reason, you guys feel the need to take away our choice of which map we play, makes getting dailies done AND actually playing the game to progress, a really god aweful experience. Dailies, and weeklies too, should be something that can be done no matter what map we're on.

@Jojozityjo quote:

honestly dailies need a change too. Being forced to play specific maps in a game where, for some lame reason, you guys feel the need to take away our choice of which map we play, makes getting dailies done AND actually playing the game to progress, a really god aweful experience. Dailies, and weeklies too, should be something that can be done no matter what map we're on.

...or a way to incorporate the goal with what i am currently doing. If the requirement is to play on a certain map, then i need to be able to access that map at my current C# level. Right now most often i have to play campaign (hard) to play the map for the bonus, and that is usually a GIANT waste of my time. If i could play it at C4 (my current level), then that would make it at least worth the time invested. I wish all coin missions would scale with your current unlocked C# level. That or change it to something done on any map like "kill X amount of Ogres" or "fire 1000 storm shots" or the like. The only ones now that do that are just the "win X maps" ones, but these are always for a very low amount of coins. I usually re-roll those for more coins. 

As someone who just started getting into DD2, i am sad to see not many coin quests going on. Sounds like there used to be quite a system for this with weekly and monthly events/challenges. However, all i see now are "beat X maps"  missions, which are boring and are the same every time. 

Wish i did not miss all the fun and coins that everyone else apparently got a chance at before. 

@Jojozityjo quote:

I think that the reason they laid the game out in this way kind of goes back to DD1, where most of the time, end game players would only ever play one or two out of the many, many maps available in the game. Some map layouts are easier than others, so most people would gravitate to whichever map was seen as easiest for the rewards it gives, while the rest of the maps in the game just sit and rot. You could just say I'm playing devil's advocate here, it is something to think about though.

@Alhanalem quote:

I think that the reason they laid the game out in this way kind of goes back to DD1, where most of the time, end game players would only ever play one or two out of the many, many maps available in the game. Some map layouts are easier than others, so most people would gravitate to whichever map was seen as easiest for the rewards it gives, while the rest of the maps in the game just sit and rot. You could just say I'm playing devil's advocate here, it is something to think about though.

The maps we chose to play often were a direct result of what could be gotten from them, as designed by TE. IF all maps gave equal gold and EXP, in the same amount of time and difficulty taken to beat it, and same weapon/gear drops - we would not necessarily favor one over the other. The imbalance is built in, on purpose. 

If you want us to play a certain map more, give us a reason to...a weapon that drops only there is one such reason (scaled to your C# level in the game). In DD1 i played the Alch Lab so many times more than i ever should have, just to grind out one amazing Huntress weapon. 

However, forcing us to play 3 maps just so that some underused maps get into rotation more...yeah, that's not working. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

@Alhanalem quote:

The maps we chose to play often were a direct result of what could be gotten from them, as designed by TE. IF all maps gave equal gold and EXP, in the same amount of time and difficulty taken to beat it, and same weapon/gear drops - we would not necessarily favor one over the other. The imbalance is built in, on purpose. 

If you want us to play a certain map more, give us a reason to...a weapon that drops only there is one such reason (scaled to your C# level in the game). In DD1 i played the Alch Lab so many times more than i ever should have, just to grind out one amazing Huntress weapon. 

However, forcing us to play 3 maps just so that some underused maps get into rotation more...yeah, that's not working. 

To come to think of, we've got all the map rotation in Trials and Onslaught, so yeah. Dailies is something to work on.

Though for weekly.....that's right! We need the incursion revamp here! (shameless advertisement)

I just do the campaign maps for dailies.... but ya the new group joining wont allow anyone to do the incursion unless your c7, previous i could get a friend to help out.

@Alhanalem quote:

soo ... basicallllyyyy ... what we're doing now? Daily comes up, and we just go to the easiest way to get it done. Instead of trying out chaos, or to do more mastery missions, or even do onslaught, we just to campaign and afk the crap out of those poor weak leveled mobs until our dailies are done.

These dailies make us do that same thing "pick the easiest route" just in a different way, we're still ignoring content because of it, especially those of us who dont have all day to play, so we end up spending what lil time we got, just repeating campaign over and over for the dailies. While the rest of the games content potentially rots. Much like other aspects of the game, but that is for another thread on another topic.

@Jojozityjo quote:

@Alhanalem quote:

soo ... basicallllyyyy ... what we're doing now? Daily comes up, and we just go to the easiest way to get it done. Instead of trying out chaos, or to do more mastery missions, or even do onslaught, we just to campaign and afk the crap out of those poor weak leveled mobs until our dailies are done.

These dailies make us do that same thing "pick the easiest route" just in a different way, we're still ignoring content because of it, especially those of us who dont have all day to play, so we end up spending what lil time we got, just repeating campaign over and over for the dailies. While the rest of the games content potentially rots. Much like other aspects of the game, but that is for another thread on another topic.

At the very least, they should put some colour on those dailies. Make the ONE thing people actually still do, be not so unimaginative. The dailies pretty much sum up the whole game´s lack of enjoyability.