Seeking help to get past floor 57

For the life of me I can't get past this floor solo. been stuck on it for 12+ hours or 2 days. Tried all sorts of different builds. Currently 4 Dryad: Tree/dps, Bees, Slimes, Cloud / Initiate: AA / Apprentice: Tanky Frostys is what gets the farthest. I check each lane schedule and build accordingly. 

So if you can give me some help either with constructive criticism, build tips, or even hands on help I would much appreciate. Tired of going at this **mod edit*** wall. 

@FallenFenix1985 quote:

I'm playing on PC. Mostly Frost like enemies. The Fast runners.

Ballistics and cannons for frosts with good range, flame auras for lanes without frost orcs, or multiple slimes to insta burst mass enemies and bees off path for extra support

frost lane 3 ramsters will clean up after 1-2 upgrades,  4 will clean up phase easily.

if you play as dryad in corrupt form, 2 slimes and 3 hornets per lane work extremely well in any non frost orc and non power block lane  (power block is bugged and slimes do 0 dmg to them). Put gambit on bees, and use power transfer, dcrit and drate/vampric empowerment on the relics.

Still working our way up we are on110 currently and I only use ramsters hornets and slimes as my dps towers (with 1 obelisk and 1 anti air or 2 hornets per air lane) obelisk isnt needed at 57 since air can still be killed by a anti air tower.

It depends on lane, I almost always use a obelisk to absorb the emp hit, and anti air its either 1 skyguard, 1 pdt, or 2 hornets depending on lane placement, hornets need to be even or above flyer level to really make it work well. Most the time its just 1 skyguard.

Here is a video of 103 lost temple I did yesterday to show how we build against each lane type

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/217617670

The build is a bit overkill for 57 but it will easily work.

okay Thanks a bunch!

@Nigiri_Toro quote:

It depends on lane, I almost always use a obelisk to absorb the emp hit, and anti air its either 1 skyguard, 1 pdt, or 2 hornets depending on lane placement, hornets need to be even or above flyer level to really make it work well. Most the time its just 1 skyguard.

Here is a video of 103 lost temple I did yesterday to show how we build against each lane type

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/217617670

The build is a bit overkill for 57 but it will easily work.

When there are a LOT of fast moving frosties I tend to prefer to use some flame auras or EV2 proton beam. The latter needs to be upgraded pretty good to be afk so i usually use that stand alone if it is a new lane opening and I have the gems to upgrade it immediately. If there are frost orcs I usually just power through their nerfs to defenses. But may have additional defenses like earthquake towers, cannons, Nimbus, some bee supplementation, etc.

If there are cyber orcs with them, well those are some of the harder lanes (only thing missing is adding BURN :). For these I usually have to put a lot more damage down during their “walk” to the gem/tree. But I often still have a flame aura or two at thing end of line. If there is a LONG lane, 2-3 earthquake towers with gambit and range shard and toss can really keep the orcs thrown around and kill them or keep them in air to avoid them disabling stuff. You need a long lane for this. I just used it today on floor 130 on the long staircase (upper right lost temple) - earthquake towers facing up the stairs, flame auras at bottom and a few bee hives just to right of lower stairs on lowest center platform. I didn’t watch the lane all the times, but it didn’t look like the orcs were ever able to disable my flame auras.

BTW, if it was also a burn lane I would do cross fire PDTs and likely use nimbuses instead of earthquake towers. Also, in that particular spot (top of stairs) I would put slimes to right of entrance so it oils them right away and then have bees along center doing the damage. I would have slime at bottom of stairs, too (along with PDTS). I have survived this schedule. I have also lost to it when it is put in tighter quarters....

Sorry I can’t help directly. I play on XBOX. I do stream occasionally on twitch....

@tb3 quote:

When there are a LOT of fast moving frosties I tend to prefer to use some flame auras or EV2 proton beam. The latter needs to be upgraded pretty good to be afk so i usually use that stand alone if it is a new lane opening and I have the gems to upgrade it immediately. If there are frost orcs I usually just power through their nerfs to defenses. But may have additional defenses like earthquake towers, cannons, Nimbus, some bee supplementation, etc.

If there are cyber orcs with them, well those are some of the harder lanes (only thing missing is adding BURN :). For these I usually have to put a lot more damage down during their “walk” to the gem/tree. But I often still have a flame aura or two at thing end of line. If there is a LONG lane, 2-3 earthquake towers with gambit and range shard and toss can really keep the orcs thrown around and kill them or keep them in air to avoid them disabling stuff. You need a long lane for this. I just used it today on floor 130 on the long staircase (upper right lost temple) - earthquake towers facing up the stairs, flame auras at bottom and a few bee hives just to right of lower stairs on lowest center platform. I didn’t watch the lane all the times, but it didn’t look like the orcs were ever able to disable my flame auras.

BTW, if it was also a burn lane I would do cross fire PDTs and likely use nimbuses instead of earthquake towers. Also, in that particular spot (top of stairs) I would put slimes to right of entrance so it oils them right away and then have bees along center doing the damage. I would have slime at bottom of stairs, too (along with PDTS). I have survived this schedule. I have also lost to it when it is put in tighter quarters....

Sorry I can’t help directly. I play on XBOX. I do stream occasionally on twitch....

Ah cool, A lot of others are telling me to just try the Abyss lords Rams. Tested my towers yesterday and I think they should be able to get the job done. Thanks for the help so far everyone

Hi I will just put here some hints which will help you to go through onslaught.

I will not comment shards as you can watch guide done by MR Juicebags on youtube about all defenses.

I am not using dryad at all. Otherwise using all other heroes. Just today I finished 65 level on first try.

Also I suppose you have high tier C7 gear - like 22000+ medaillons, totems, marks. Without it its much harder.  If you dont first thing farm gear and shards if you dont have correct ones it will make it soooo much easier.

1. Your ascension level has to be 200+

2. You should have multiple copies of heroes - for each tower. Eg I have 3 squires - blockade, cannon, ballista. If you are not high ascension - in that case you dont need more copies.

3. Optimize your DU per line - there are mutators where you can build for 80DU or less - eg one with throwers only. Barricade+reflect+lightning

you will have more DU for harder lines this is important for first 2 waves

4. Pay attention to mutators eg when enemies goes through blockade do not build one, or if enemies has high magic resistance do not build magic defense there.

5. Pay attention to structure of line - eg do not build ballista and canon to line with geo or shielders. Or you can build but you have to have some mechanism which will kill geo or shielder fast - eg kill area = flame aura, proton beam, lightning aura, frost tower on one place. Only usable in case there is no thor orc in line.

6. When you get frosty line with these small suckers and there is no thor orc or frost orc you can put auras. If there is orc or frost orc you need ranged. When there is thor orc or frost orc and shielders - you need ramsters - 3 are enough.

7. Play active aoe hero - not dryad if you are not using only her defenses. The best for me is abyss lord he has huge aoe dps + is fast + has infinite mana + can easily stun assasins with 2nd skill.

8. Always check first wave and identify the weakest line and strengthen it - also lines which are dominated make there less DU to make it effective.

9. During wave 3-4 you need to have optimalized lines and only up defs and control new lines - I always stay at newest line to see how it works.

10 Deal with flyers easily - canon+ poison + sky with range shards or just use obelisk for emp if needed. Or use lightning aura - correctly placed can kill whole flier spawn on its own. Mine is doing around 1.25M crit.

10. Always survive assasins - they spawn usually in same time as bosses and fliers - you need to survive them just place heal and stand in front of canon or sky and they will just eat assasins like ***.

11. Look at the minimap all the time - you need to see which line is going down before it goes down - pay attention to yellow dots - meaning your barricade is falling.

12. Be prepared to Fail and fail and fail and you will succeed. Took me like 20 hours to figure out correct build for mutators. But once you will know what line is what and how to build it - you will go smoothly up without fail.

13. Good luck and I think onslaught is awesome,

@FallenFenix1985 quote:

@tb3 quote:

Ah cool, A lot of others are telling me to just try the Abyss lords Rams. Tested my towers yesterday and I think they should be able to get the job done. Thanks for the help so far everyone

In full disclosure, I have seen ramsters with deadly strike used and there is a highly effective place for them. But I don’t have Abyss Lord and since I want to start resetting process in next 15-20 floors I am not really interested in adding a new hero I have never used. It hasn’t stopped me from clearing 134. I will say that I have started using flame thrower a bit (I had previously never used it) but for scenaros where’s it is sitting behind barricade it’s range isn’t as good as ramsters....  (it is more effective hitting guys on their route since it can turn and follow them). I will likely add abyss lord in the future once resetting to have access to ramsters as an option.

Btw I'm Still playing solo, and I'm now having trouble with Controlled burn and Air. 

Controlled burn problem: So it seems that slimes and bees aren't always enough. Sense there are Cyber orcs in just about every lane, Oil geyser, geyser trap get taken out/ stunned to quickly and the PDTs don't pierce so they don't really help at all. anyone have in other suggestions that would make this lane easier?

The Dive bombers and the Cyber bombers problem: Right now what I'm doing is just putting a tower up (usually frosty), and having a Totem equipped in its slot. That kind of works, but then the tower is literally just a pole that won't do anything.  Is there a better way to deal with these? Cause I tried PDTS, and AA monk towers, but nothing seems to be working that great.

slimes oil enemies as long as you are in corrupt form, and if you are using dryad hornets and slimes you should always be in corrupt form. You should have 300 mana and the abiity to drop 7 stars on your dryad which makes staying corrupt easy. Go ability power/hero  crit/hero health build ( poison mushroom and starfall dps build). If you need to fly above the lane and keep poison mushrooms on the ground, it will poison the enemies so they can take dmg. Also  I use 2 slimes and 3 hornets in every non frost lane with no problem.

EMP fliers will aggro on a mystic obelisk, put them in the flight path to take the hit. Then use skyguards.

@FallenFenix1985 quote:

Btw I'm Still playing solo, and I'm now having trouble with Controlled burn and Air. 

Controlled burn problem: So it seems that slimes and bees aren't always enough. Sense there are Cyber orcs in just about every lane, Oil geyser, geyser trap get taken out/ stunned to quickly and the PDTs don't pierce so they don't really help at all. anyone have in other suggestions that would make this lane easier?

The Dive bombers and the Cyber bombers problem: Right now what I'm doing is just putting a tower up (usually frosty), and having a Totem equipped in its slot. That kind of works, but then the tower is literally just a pole that won't do anything.  Is there a better way to deal with these? Cause I tried PDTS, and AA monk towers, but nothing seems to be working that great.

Many lanes allow you to put the slimes enough to the side that they won’t disable them (Put range gambit on slimes, make different Dryad char if you need to). As mentioned, you have to stay in corrupt 100%. and if you fight in the lane don’t do so between them and defense or you will aggro a Disable. Still used PDTs. I use totem, but I have multiple PDTs. One head on, next to like a cannon or something. ANd then do a cross fire PDT and if possible a reverse facing one or another cross fire. The key is to ensure your multiple PDTs aren’t hitting same targets. Then put some bees or something down (again, enough out of range they won’t trigger a disable). I will often have 1-2 nimbuses, too. They will drench, but they don’t nonstop. I aim for low 300’s in DU, but it isn’t uncommon to spend 400+ if I need to ensure I can afk it (and there are some scenarios you still need to babysit).

I had a burn with cyborg tonight (floor 135) in the super short lane right under where you spawn in temple. I put up a barricade, had 3 PDTs (one on the downward slope facing up the lane head on, one facing straight on barricade from side and one on the little circle platform a few lanes away cross firing with a spread that covers the entire lane). I also had 2 bees, one slime and one cannon next to PDT on the slope facing up lane (one of other lanes was also active and had the tree). AMd one Nimbus. The lane was total AFK. I have full gambit and deadly strikes on PDT. I also use totem because I had a bird lane that was burn in same game. I have no choice but to use a bunch of totem enabled PDTs for that. Not sure what else to use. Nimbuses clean up but have too long a cool down between drenching to 100% count on them.

@Nigiri_Toro quote:

EMP fliers will aggro on a mystic obelisk, put them in the flight path to take the hit. Then use skyguards.

I´ve seen this described a lot in here. I guess people on later floors feel that Skyguards can no longer hold a lane, so they feel the need to plop down something for kobolds to dive into. So I just wanna throw this in here, for people that would rather spend their DU on other things, than a designated bomb target.

Actually SGT´s can hold an air lane just fine, if you replace deadly strikes with a shard that provides more dps:) Yes you sacrifice some nice range, but in the end, you save 40 DU per air lane. I know, the feeling of losing that range on the SGT takes a little getting used to:)

This works for two reasons I think: 

1) The extra dmg shard (destruction/crit/speed/vampiric/power transfer)  outweighs the extra range. This is especially true against diving kobolds, that close the gap quickly, this is where the extra dmg is key to obliterating them before they hit their target.

And/Or: 

2) The lesser range makes the SGT less likely to target random tossed/bubbled enemies from lanes nearby, hence dedicating itself for the airlane only. 

Disclaimer: There IS however a slight possibility this only works for me, because of my particular way of building a map... so try at own risk:)

@FallenFenix1985 quote:

Thanks for the help again. Ill give these two different things a try! all i want to do right now is get to 65 to do the resets. 

You probably dont want to hear this but you are not ready to start the ancient power resets. 

55-65 should be easy for you before you reset, if not you are making your account alot weaker to do the same content you are stuggling in now. Your current acension lvl is much stronger then the negliable buff you get from one ancient power reset. The system is setup so you need to do the reset many times and regrind acension back up to be stronger.

You most likely need to push a lot farther then 65 before your first reset. Heres why, you need a minimum of 250 acension to do the reset do you want to spend the next 49 times you are resetting grinding acension? 

If you have 1000 acension now, your starting acension will be 60 every time you reset if you reset at 65. 

The idea is to get as close to 200 starting acension as possible before you start resetting otherwise you will need to grind every time. After my first prestige (i prestiged at 65 and 1000 acension) I beat floor 65 again at acension 180, which means I needed to grind 70 more acension lvls just to prestige again. Instead I  played up to floor 114 on my second playthrough and raised my starting acension lvl to 207. (every floor above 65 raises your starting acension lvl by 3) Now on my third playthrough I just beat floor 57 and im 253 acension. Pushing your first time as high as you can go will make every prestige after that easier.

@Nigiri_Toro quote:

@FallenFenix1985 quote:

Thanks for the help again. Ill give these two different things a try! all i want to do right now is get to 65 to do the resets. 

You probably dont want to hear this but you are not ready to start the ancient power resets. 

55-65 should be easy for you before you reset, if not you are making your account alot weeker to do the same content you are stuggling in now. Your current acension lvl is much stronger then the negliable buff you get from one ancient power reset. The system is setup so you need to do the reset many times and regrind acension back up to be stronger.

You most likely need to push a lot farther then 65 before your first reset. Heres why, you need a minimum of 250 acension to do the reset do you want to spend the next 49 times you are resetting grinding acension? 

If you have 1000 acension now, your starting acension will be 60 every time you reset if you reset at 65. 

The idea is to get as close to 200 starting acension as possible before you start resetting otherwise you will need to grind every time. After my first prestige (i prestiged at 65) I beat floor 65 again at acension 180, which means I needed to grind 70 more acension lvls just to prestige again. Instead I  played up to floor 114 on my second playthrough and raised my starting acension lvl to 207. (every floor above 65 raises your starting acension lvl by 3) Now on my third playthrough I just beat floor 57 and im 253 acension. Pushing your first time as high as you can go will make every prestige after that easier.

Whoa! Thank goodness I've made the choice to hit floor 114 before I go all out resetting. And, yeah, thanks for bringing this back up! I've literally forgotten about this.

I'm currently at Asc Six hundred and seventy-something, and If I hit floor 114, how will that affect me when I reset?

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Nigiri_Toro quote:

@FallenFenix1985 quote:

55-65 should be easy for you before you reset, if not you are making your account alot weeker to do the same content you are stuggling in now. Your current acension lvl is much stronger then the negliable buff you get from one ancient power reset. The system is setup so you need to do the reset many times and regrind acension back up to be stronger.

The idea is to get as close to 200 starting acension as possible before you start resetting otherwise you will need to grind every time. After my first prestige (i prestiged at 65) I beat floor 65 again at acension 180, which means I needed to grind 70 more acension lvls just to prestige again. Instead I  played up to floor 114 on my second playthrough and raised my starting acension lvl to 207. (every floor above 65 raises your starting acension lvl by 3) Now on my third playthrough I just beat floor 57 and im 253 acension. Pushing your first time as high as you can go will make every prestige after that easier.

Whoa! Thank goodness I've made the choice to hit floor 114 before I go all out resetting. And, yeah, thanks for bringing this back up! I've literally forgotten about this.

I'm currently at Asc Six hundred and seventy-something, and If I hit floor 114, how will that affect me when I reset?

After ancient power starting acension is based on your highest floor ever earned over 65 and your highest acension ever earned.  Every 50 acension levels is 3 starting acension lvls, and every floor over 65 is 3 starting acension lvls.

In your case at 670 your current starting acension would be 39 ( 650 / 50 x 3) if you prestiged at floor 65.

Going to floor 114 would be 49 more  floors over 65, 49 * 3 = 147.

If you prestiged at floor 114 with 670 acension you would have a staring acension of 186. This would be enough to go ahead and prestige and not worry about having to grind acension anymore.

@Nigiri_Toro quote:

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Nigiri_Toro quote:

@FallenFenix1985 quote:

After ancient power starting acension is based on your highest floor ever earned over 65 and your highest acension ever earned.  Every 50 acension levels is 3 starting acension lvls, and every floor over 65 is 3 starting acension lvls.

In your case at 670 your current starting acension would be 39 ( 650 / 50 x 3) if you prestiged at floor 65.

Going to floor 114 would be 49 more  floors over 65, 49 * 3 = 147.

If you prestiged at floor 114 with 670 acension you would have a staring acension of 186. This would be enough to go ahead and prestige and not worry about having to grind acension anymore.

Holy! And this carry on to the next reset and the next reset and so on? Like every reset I would start at asc 186?

Very nice info thanks and thanks for formula my min ascension is now 23 as I stopped playing before mastery.

I was thinking to go around minimum 80 to get +30 on critical hits. But if I should be around 180 wow thats like floor 116 for me:) im 67 currently.

Also one thing more is there and this is + extra points to talents. For each floor you beat and every 50 ascension levels you will get +1 to your talents cap.

Not sure if this counts to all talents including these upgradable to 20 or only these upgradable to 150. Does it affect all talents guys can you please explain how this works?

Thx

@atharix quote:

Very nice info thanks and thanks for formula my min ascension is now 23 as I stopped playing before mastery.

I was thinking to go around minimum 80 to get +30 on critical hits. But if I should be around 180 wow thats like floor 116 for me:) im 67 currently.

Also one thing more is there and this is + extra points to talents. For each floor you beat and every 50 ascension levels you will get +1 to your talents cap.

Not sure if this counts to all talents including these upgradable to 20 or only these upgradable to 150. Does it affect all talents guys can you please explain how this works?

Thx

just the ones that are default 140, crit chance and gambits are not affected