Sign in to follow this  
Black Mamba

Couple of bugs in the update.

So firstly, I'm not sure if it was intended or is a bug -- but -- equipping the Masquerade Mask and Cufflinks doesn't trigger the cosmetic effect? What I mean is, on my Huntress I use a Witch Hat, which fits nice and snug, its that pointy blue hat everyone wants. ;-Anyways, along with the Witch Hat I have the Masquerade and Cufflinks equipped, but this doesn't trigger the beautiful hearts effect. Now before someone says "well duh... gotta use the Bow or Hat... too" -- let me just say hold on for a sec there, I know, but hear me out! So, if you use the Bow or Hat with either just the Masquerade or Cufflinks it will trigger the cosmetic effect. I have a few characters where I've equipped only the Top Hat or Bow and just the Cufflinks or Masquerade Mask, but I get the effects.

So I'm suspecting the pairing is like -- Hat / Bow + Masquerade / Cufflink combination = Effect Triggers.
But a Combination of Masquerade + Cufflink alone doesn't trigger the effect.

Which... I'm not sure if it is a bug or intended. I would like to believe it is a bug becasue I really enjoy a few combinations of the ToL Mask and Cufflinks with other Hat accessories not necessarily the Top Hat and Bow. And seeing as the Bow / Top Hat + Masquerade / Cufflink combination already triggers the effect, it would be nice to have the Masquerade Mask + Cufflink combo triggering the effect by itself as well, gives more variety to player customization.

So yeah, please fix this if it was non intended. But if it was intended, please..................................................... I can't.... I need that effect to trigger on my Huntress and a few other chars that don't use Bows / Top Hats........................ :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'( 

Secondly, on Temple of Water a few bugs as well -- there is still a pathing issue if using certain builds which don't have any defenses right outside the very north most mob spawn point. Basically mobs would just gang up and stay at just the North Spawn door. They don't move etc. just appear to be stuck there having a party between themselves.
Images -- https://imgur.com/a/XtNxN
I tested that out myself on a similar build to the one seen in the images above, turns out it happens all the time, the mobs just group up and party it out. Of course nothing major game-breaking, but certainly a bit time consuming.

Coming to the other bug in Temple of Water -- The Leaderboard Showcase above the forge only shows your best score and not the "actual leaderboard". Not that this matters much becasue it doesn't affect the gameplay. But just something I observed.
Also anytime you best your own previous score the game will display the notification saying you are not "Number #1 on the Leaderboard" whereas in reality you are not. Going back to the Tavern and checking the leaderboards from there shows the actual leader.

Now I'm probably one of the few people who actually don't give any f**ks about these leaderboards -- but having seen the message pop-op a few times last week did give me "sense of pride and accomplishment"(Thanks EA!) which I hadn't experienced before.
Only to realize welp, not today... so much like the RNG drops, even the leaderboard display area thingy has trolled me! LOL.

Anyways, not a major bug but yeah something worth fixing for people who care about leaderboards, although wouldn't matter much becasue it'll then just show some dude having 2 billion score with his Level 21 Adept. LOL.

DD was definitely not really designed with dynamic map layouts in mind, and it shows on every attempt to design maps that are more dynamic with their layouts. I did run some tests after the last "Final" beta and the ground enemies from the north were and should be only spawning when there is a land path to the core available. It worked fine those times that I tried it, but we'll take a closer look at this. it's possible an out of date version was included  in our final release- I noticed some issues that I know for sure were fixed re-appearing on the live version- for example, the godrays in the northern area that are supposed to be descending from the ceiling somehow got rotated 90 degrees on the Z axis and it looks really bad. =\

We do know about the leaderboard bug- The actual leaderboards are being updated correctly, however for some reason the forge on the map isn't getting the memo and acting as if every play is the first ever time the map is being played. Not sure if we have a fix for that or not yet (but coincidentally, Tower Wars has magically sprouted leaderboard signs on its forges even though it isn't tracked and isn't supposed to be there, and hasn't been since it was released)

I have also noticed this bug. I primarily notice that fish wyverns get stuck there a lot. I have even seen this in Temple of Polybius during the building phase so it isn't just with ToW.

Alhanalem -- Yeah I figured its due to the map being dynamic and the access to crystals being cut-off during a few waves due to movement of the platforms. And not having land mobs spawn from the North Spawn path on waves when the North Crystal is inaccessible would've been my fix suggestion as well. I guess next update this can be addressed.

In addition to the North Spawn pathing issue, there are a few pathing issues on Harbingers with the very southern most spawn point as well. They seemingly get stuck right where the "secret hidden chest" from ToP can be accessed. They only move if you go and manually do damage to them. I tried Damage All roll to see if they move up, but apparently they don't. Again nothing major game-breaking. In fact this pathing issue quite exploitable as you can milk mana for upgrades very early on! :P

Dunno if the Harbinger pathing issue exists on ToP as I haven't played that map in since update went live, wasn't a fan of the original ToP Event so ehh! :D There were a few pathing issues with Copters though in the beta, dunno about now.

Pathing is just one of those things in this game that's so derp that you're lucky if it works right no matter how hard you try and how much you do to accomodate the AI. While some maps are worse offenders than others, enemies get stuck on just about every map. I will be playing around with it, if I can find a better result we'll make sure to include it in an update.

@Black Mamba quote:

Dunno if the Harbinger pathing issue exists on ToP as I haven't played that map in since update went live, wasn't a fan of the original ToP Event so ehh! :D There were a few pathing issues with Copters though in the beta, dunno about now.

I haven't noticed any pathing issues on ToP other than fish wyverns getting stuck at that northern crystal and the occasional djinn getting stuck under the bridge when one gets on top of the other and they freeze themselves. I have never opened the secret room prior to beating the Kraken so I can't speak to that fact.

In the beta was a issue with Copters just piling up near the south secret chest area. Might be fixed I guess. Fish Wyverns getting stuck was an issue back then as well.

@Black Mamba quote:

So firstly, I'm not sure if it was intended or is a bug -- but -- equipping the Masquerade Mask and Cufflinks doesn't trigger the cosmetic effect?

The ToL accessories are split into 2 set bonuses, a boy set and a girl set to follow the theme of ToL.

The Top Hat+cufflinks should give a blue heart cosmetic effect and the mask+bow give a pink heart cosmetic effect.  

@ddace quote:
The ToL accessories are split into 2 set bonuses, a boy set and a girl set to follow the theme of ToL.

The Top Hat+cufflinks should give a blue heart cosmetic effect and the mask+bow give a pink heart cosmetic effect.  

Yeah figured that out about the actual bonuses. I was wondering why is there no set effect for the Mask + Cufflink. Would really like that combination to trigger the effect as well.