Sign in to follow this  
MaJean

Please give Incursions and Mastery replayability.

Hi. M here.

I´m floor 116, nothing left to earn, really. Besides some random stuff from defender packs. 

I don´t know if I will ever prestige. I usually don´t play games over again, once I beat it beause I don´t like starting over, and going: 

"oh, this again,

I´ve been here before, 

been there, done that "

and so on...

I would like a reason to stay, because I´ve invested so much time in this game, but this whole resetting thing - it aint it! 

I can´t for the life of me see what´s fun about constantly starting over, never really caring about any items you find, because they are constantly obsolete, so it´s not even worth it to upgrade them...

Right now, I´m almost not playing anymore...kobold.png

M.

I know the feeling bud. :( After resetting 4 times (which I pretty much fully regret) I almost never play anymore because I know that when I do play it’s just gonna be the same thing for minor bonuses.All we can do for now is wait to hear what Trendy is going to do with onslaught and hopefully it’s something that will make the game more enjoyable for newer and veteran players.

Trouble is Trendy have been advised on what the community, as it was, wanted and they flat ignored it.

We all wanted reworkings of the great DD1 maps

We all wanted choice, maybe we will finally get it, maybe its too late now.

We wanted a game browser where we could see all games in progress

We wanted unique weapons and pets which actually made a difference

We wanted replayability for incursions

We wanted to take away the massive annoyance factor of mastery (sadistic mode that is)

We wanted an end game but that has never materialized, unless you are the hardcore can spend hours at a  time as there is no progression without getting to a pre defined save point. (this sucks so hard)

It's all been said time and again....

@Sstonne quote:

I know the feeling bud. :( After resetting 4 times (which I pretty much fully regret) I almost never play anymore because I know that when I do play it’s just gonna be the same thing for minor bonuses.All we can do for now is wait to hear what Trendy is going to do with onslaught and hopefully it’s something that will make the game more enjoyable for newer and veteran players.

I´m not betting on Onslaught saving the game anymore. It´s pretty repetitive after a while... the thing I loved about DD1 was all the different kinds of game modes and challenges.

Totally agree! And Chaos enemies have to be removed from incursions, they take away the feeling of incursions.

Incursions have enemies that makes that match unique. The chaos enemies just turn it into a mess.

Though certain enemies like the Wyvern enthusiast and forest poachers gotta be buffed with new abilities 'cause I don't really see them as scary even in NM4 or in Onslaught.

Now that we got the enemies mash-up in Onslaught, perhaps that is a good reason to remove chaos difficulty from that gamemode and bring back NIGHTMARE! 

Yeah, loot system of incursion gotta be revamped too. Maybe make all the terraria weapons drop at the blood moon and other unique loot drop at their formerly respective incursions. But to make the wayfarer useful perhaps have certain incursions drop different currencies to buy unique weapons that incursion don't drop. Or trade a weapon for another weapon or craft two weapons into that weapon?

And maybe we could have the free-play/defense game mode be a portals fiesta. And the gamemode better be Nightmare too.

im in same boat as you Majean I've almost stopped playing / i still try to do dailys but im starting to skip them /  i still check forums everyday to see if any updates 

Is this give mastery mode replayability ?

Mastery Dailies

A new daily mission with random selected map.Everyone have same mission so you can complete with other players. For example;

Get five star in Mastery 4 Dead Road Map. Reward : 100 defender medals.

@LineDrill quote:

Mastery Dailies

A new daily mission with random selected map.Everyone have same mission so you can complete with other players. For example;

It´s a start:) 

What about 7 new awesome pets with unique abilities. One for each 2nd time completed mastery:)

@MaJean quote:

@LineDrill quote:

Mastery Dailies

What about 7 new awesome pets with unique abilities. One for each 2nd time completed mastery:)

Whoa, that's even more tantalizing! (Maybe more flairs too?)

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@MaJean quote:

@LineDrill quote:

Mastery Dailies

They could even make the pets come in different colours and sizes like DD1. I would gladly play and replay for ever to get just the right kind I like!

@MaJean quote:

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@MaJean quote:

@LineDrill quote:

Mastery Dailies

They could even make the pets come in different colours and sizes like DD1. I would gladly play and replay for ever to get just the right kind I like!

Wow, that's interesting. Look like it's time for mastery to have it's unique chest like onslaught!

@Superb_Dog quote:

Majean, i won't let you leave DD2. If you leave, i swear i will hunt you down and bring you back kicking and screaming.

He he... 

Wow, I´m both flattered and a little worried, by that statement Emoji_Kobalt.png / monk_small.png

Your first fan..... good times incoming! huntress_small.png

@MaJean quote:

@Superb_Dog quote:

Majean, i won't let you leave DD2. If you leave, i swear i will hunt you down and bring you back kicking and screaming.

He he... 

Wow, I´m both flattered and a little worried, by that statement Emoji_Kobalt.png / monk_small.png

Hi, mm here!

Wise words M. I feel the same.

DD used to be an exciting game about getting crazy weapons and pets, some very good like Seahorse or Banana Sniper Monkey. And Chicken Gun!

I want the search for Ultimate+ Ultimate++ and Ultimate+++ plus plus back, please.

@MaJean quote:

Hi. M here.

I´m floor 116, nothing left to earn, really. Besides some random stuff from defender packs. 

I don´t know if I will ever prestige. I usually don´t play games over again, once I beat it beause I don´t like starting over, and going: 

"oh, this again,

I´ve been here before, 

been there, done that "

and so on...

I would like a reason to stay, because I´ve invested so much time in this game, but this whole resetting thing - it aint it! 

I can´t for the life of me see what´s fun about constantly starting over, never really caring about any items you find, because they are constantly obsolete, so it´s not even worth it to upgrade them...

Right now, I´m almost not playing anymore...kobold.png

M.

@MamaTata quote:

Your first fan..... good times incoming! huntress_small.png

@MaJean quote:

@Superb_Dog quote:

He he... 

We both know, you´ve been fan of me for years;)