Sign in to follow this  
VikingStone

Wow the form moderator are aggressive.

It seams to me that they rather kick us out of the forms if we have a issues rather then try to help us. I read one of the moderator post history and all he does is kick people and ban people for speaking there mind. Almost none of them even did anything wrong, they didn't even say bad words or even say anything rude. some weren't even given warning, they just seam to not have the answer to there problem and bann them. Are the moderators children? I ask a question on how to fix my mic and said i want to be able to tell them to shut up or tell them how to play the game, both are needed. The moderator didn't like it and told me to watch my tone! I am 30 years old, i don't think anyone sense i was 8 years old told me to watch my tone. So i am to be bann because i don't talk super sweet when i ask a question? I am sure they will ban me for this because they have huge egos but people will still see it.

Well, saying that kids say stupid things in their mics, and you would like to tell them to shut up doesn´t seem very mature of you. The game is for kids too, you know. The image of some 30 year old bully telling children to shut up, doesn´t sit well with people, you should know that... 

I´m sure you didn´t mean it like that, but still... that´s probably why the Mod reacted.

EDIT: Ok, you did mean it exactly like that.

You play on PS4 for an hour and tell me that you wont get annoyed by kids leaving there mic on for us to hear there parents yelling at them or them singing a song or screaming as load as they can. I want to tell them to shut up or turn there mic off. I herd one parents tell them there address and phone number. Now 100s of people know where that dumb kid lives. So because kids do dumb things i am not mature? No i have just grow tired of it and dont care to be sweet with every word i say. I get its a kids game but most kid never make it past the first 5 levels or never make it out of the town because they rather jump up and down for hours then play the game.

@VikingStone quote:

You play on PS4 for an hour and tell me that you wont get annoyed by kids leaving there mic on for us to hear there parents yelling at them or them singing a song or screaming as load as they can. I want to tell them to shut up or turn there mic off. I herd one parents tell them there address and phone number. Now 100s of people know where that dumb kid lives. So because kids do dumb things i am not mature? No i have just grow tired of it and dont care to be sweet with every word i say. I get its a kids game but most kid never make it past the first 5 levels or never make it out of the town because they rather jump up and down for hours then play the game.

Stop using voice chat when playing public then. That´s an easy fix right there. Probably much easier, than you having to tell everybody to shut up, all the time.

It´s like going to a playground and screaming at kids to stop being kids. Maybe play in groups your age only?

But we are on PS4 not a playground. This is for adults and older kids. I looked up the ESRB rateing its not made for kids.  Alcohol Reference, Animated Blood, Fantasy Violence. You have to be 18 to buy a playstation or a PC. None of this is like a playground. You think kids are give up there hard earned money for this stuff? Nope.

@VikingStone quote:

But we are on PS4 not a playground. This is for adults and older kids. I looked up the ESRB rateing its not made for kids.  Alcohol Reference, Animated Blood, Fantasy Violence. You have to be 18 to buy a playstation or a PC. None of this is like a playground. You think kids are give up there hard earned money for this stuff? Nope.

So what man. They’re kids they’re going to play any game they want. They don’t care about a ESRB rating. I played Rated MA games my whole life. If you can’t get along with kids online. Then you don’t need to be gaming. Grow up, it’s designed for everyone. Not just you. 

@VikingStone quote:

No you dont have to be 18 to buy a PC or PS4 and yes kids do save their money and buy PC's and PS4's, my 11 year old just did that, saved for 2 years to buy his own computer. Kids also get PS4s for christmas/birthday presents. This is not a new concept.

Play with people your own age. Join the community's and find other people.

Most adults I  play with are never in the public lobby chat because we are in parties with other adults that have private chats.

Irony...

OP is complaining about moderators censoring his posts...where we talks about wanting to censor people on voice chat.

...hmmm...

@VikingStone quote:

It seams to me that they rather kick us out of the forms if we have a issues rather then try to help us. I read one of the moderator post history and all he does is kick people and ban people for speaking there mind. Almost none of them even did anything wrong, they didn't even say bad words or even say anything rude. some weren't even given warning, they just seam to not have the answer to there problem and bann them.

Please point me to the moderator whose post history is filled with comments kicking and banning people. We do not publicly announce bans, and I went through the moderator's history who commented on your thread (note: commented with a suggestion, not kicked or banned you), and was unable to find anything but posts participating in threads or explaining rules where it was valid. If this is happening, then I'll make sure this is fixed/taken care of.

If you could please provide any evidence of your claims, I'd be interested to see them, but from my search I didn't find anything as to what you've posted here.

Also, try avoid telling "5 year olds" to shut up online as a general rule. It sets a bad example and does not help with what may be possible confusion on their end.

@Lawlta quote:

Please point me to the moderator whose post history is filled with comments kicking and banning people. We do not publicly announce bans

Just because your "post history" isn't filled with this unannounced stuff doesn't mean you're not guilty of exactly the kind of behavior this guy is talking about. I could mention a few specific instances, but you and I both know what you would do if I did.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@Lawlta quote:

Please point me to the moderator whose post history is filled with comments kicking and banning people. We do not publicly announce bans

Just because your "post history" isn't filled with this unannounced stuff doesn't mean you're not guilty of exactly the kind of behavior this guy is talking about. I could mention a few specific instances, but you and I both know what you would do if I did.

Oh of course. If we receive reports and/or observe the rules being broken, we take action. All actions taken are noted and discussed with all moderators. It's not a fun thing to do. Our rules are stated, if they are broken, and people let us know, then action is taken. Simple as that.

The point of the message that you quoted was if a moderator was on the forums threatening to ban/kick users publicly, especially without any foundation, then it would be something that would require internal action.

@VikingStone quote:

So there’s no mute button on PS4? That’d be a first in any game ever

@TMyth quote:

There is. Turned my chat off right after i first entered the game. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

@TMyth quote:

There is. Turned my chat off right after i first entered the game. 

This would be called smart, if you don’t want to talk to people or they aren’t talking to you particularly and they are annoying you that’s the simplest answer. I mean let’s be honest if someone in Public is being annoying you don’t go up and punch them or tell them to shut up. You ignore them lol

@TMyth quote:

This would be called smart, if you don’t want to talk to people or they aren’t talking to you particularly and they are annoying you that’s the simplest answer. I mean let’s be honest if someone in Public is being annoying you don’t go up and punch them or tell them to shut up. You ignore them lol

Now i just need a way to only mute weapons sounds in the Town. I swear every time i go there there is always someone, usually as an Apprentice or Monk, just sitting in the main hall just blasting there weapon incessantly, usually at players not moving.  While in my menus, it's all i can hear - pew pew pew pew. Even in my loading screen, the first thing that always comes up first before the screen even loads is the pew pew pew of those fire blasts. Drives me nuts. I end up having to run and hide on the map, go to my tavern instead, or muting the TV. I don't mind during matches, just the town. I guess god created the mute button for a reason, LOL. 

See i didn't ask if it was okay to tell people to shut up, if someone is scream as loud as they can in the mic i will tell them to shut up no matter there age. It is not for you people to deside if i can use the mic or not. Some people are talking normal in the mic and can be talked to, i shouldn't have to hide from the rest of the community because kids wont shut up. As for the guy that has an 11 year old that bought his own PS4/PC, who gave him the money? You did, so you bought it for him and you had to be there for him to buy it. As for the moderator that is miss using there power his name is Alhanalem. I am leaving now, this has become a bunch of people trying to judge if i am worthy to have a mic. 

@VikingStone quote:

See i didn't ask if it was okay to tell people to shut up, if someone is scream as loud as they can in the mic i will tell them to shut up no matter there age. It is not for you people to deside if i can use the mic or not. Some people are talking normal in the mic and can be talked to, i shouldn't have to hide from the rest of the community because kids wont shut up. As for the guy that has an 11 year old that bought his own PS4/PC, who gave him the money? You did, so you bought it for him and you had to be there for him to buy it. As for the moderator that is miss using there power his name is Alhanalem. I am leaving now, this has become a bunch of people trying to judge if i am worthy to have a mic. 

If you must know he earned the money doing jobs throughout the year including shoveling snow and mowing grass for neighbors so sorry you are wrong and no i didnt have to be there to buy it for him, theres no law or store policy about age requirements to purchase a pc or console. Who gives you your money your place of employment? Does that mean they purchased anything you own? Your logic is faulty, but its ok to be wrong.

The irony here is you are complaining about inappropriate and childish behaviour, while attempting to talk down to others in a very offensive and accusatory tone. 

No one is gonna side with a 30 year old who wants to get into arguments with as you put it "5 year olds". You are the one who comes off looking bad.

You were given suggestions on how to avoid dealing with them but thats not what you came here for. You just want to vent and take out your frustration on others (which started cause your headset isnt working so you cant yell at children who annoy you...) 

@VikingStone quote:

. As for the moderator that is miss using there power his name is Alhanalem. I am leaving now, this has become a bunch of people trying to judge if i am worthy to have a mic. 

How's he even misusing his power!? He hardly post, didn't threaten you anything and just giving a friendly advise.

And that ain't even aggressive, that's super, super cheese mild and you're offended?

So, yeah, if you're leaving "(don't think we'll be) see-(ing)-ya! (again)" (an ending with a horrible and possible cringe-worthy pun haha, oh god, I'm cringing myself...)

I really have no idea why you thought another forum thread was necessary, but nobody said they were kicking you out of anything. I personally made a short, civil response to your thread as a result of another user contacting me being concerned about the post. It was also  the first post i'd made in this forum section in quite a while. It wasn't aggressive by any stretch of the definition.

I encourage anyone who has comments or concerns about me or any other moderator or staff member to message them directly with their concerns. And, if for some reason they don't appear to be forthcoming, you can file a support ticket.