Sign in to follow this  
PandaPo

Onslaught is harder

I don't know why Trendy did it, but onslaught was easyer 1-2 weeks before. Now so many disaster combination of mutators. After reset I don't feel any power. Reset is disaster. I hate you Trendy. You breake game!

@PandaPo quote:

I don't know why Trendy did it, but onslaught was easyer 1-2 weeks before. Now so many disaster combination of mutators. After reset I don't feel any power. Reset is disaster. I hate you Trendy. You breake game!

We have not made any changes to increase the difficulty of Onslaught since its release (in fact, we made it so certain schedules could not spawn together, making it an easier and more enjoyable experience). That said, we have been looking over every bit of feedback and are actively discussing said feedback (if not working on specific changes).

That said, with us not making any changes, what has changed for you in Onslaught? Previously you had said it was a good mode and you enjoyed the reset:

4a1f94e8236fca8a1ea62ce0279c00b9.png

To help make the game mode the best we can hope for:

• What are some of the pain points you're running into?
  • What mutator combos are you running into that you weren't previously?
  • Why is the reset a "disaster" when before it was enjoyable?

Again, we have not added any additional Mutators (to reiterate, we made them a little easier by removing specific combos and Cybork/Geode schedules) , and have not adjusted ancient power.

This happened to me too. I took some time off to play They are Billions, and when I came back things were harder - because I had forgotten how to build properly. Like which angles get more damage as Projectile towers, where to place barricades to avoid getting hit by Hex Throwers, and the timing for attacks to peel assassins. Basically, a lot of small details I took for granted when I was playing all the time.

Honestly the only thing that is problematic in onslaught is multiple frost orc spawns (easily one of the most broken enemies, especially when paired with the frost gobus that run as fast as fem orcs..).

@Lawlta quote:

@PandaPo quote:

We have not made any changes to increase the difficulty of Onslaught since its release (in fact, we made it so certain schedules could not spawn together, making it an easier and more enjoyable experience). That said, we have been looking over every bit of feedback and are actively discussing said feedback (if not working on specific changes).

That said, with us not making any changes, what has changed for you in Onslaught? Previously you had said it was a good mode and you enjoyed the reset:

4a1f94e8236fca8a1ea62ce0279c00b9.png

To help make the game mode the best we can hope for:

• What are some of the pain points you're running into?
  • What mutator combos are you running into that you weren't previously?
  • Why is the reset a "disaster" when before it was enjoyable?

Again, we have not added any additional Mutators (to reiterate, we made them a little easier by removing specific combos and Cybork/Geode schedules) , and have not adjusted ancient power.

Sorry about flame, but yesterday I try to beat floor 63-65 after reset and it's was so hard. I did 5 runs and I failed 3 runs, cose was ridiculous combination of mutators... 

I beat floor 78 before reset and I never feel so difficulty. After reset I get good relics and gears. Hard to explain, but I try why was so hard:

• 90% of maps 1 line was Controlled Burn, sometimes frozen monster;
  • Always was Wall Leech and Vampiric + Berserkers;
  • If was mutator Spell Breaker, was monsters with shield or if was mutator Pile it On, was Cybork;
  • 3dr map had 4-6 line with frozen monsters; Mostly with hard mutators like Controlled Burn, Detonator, Vampiric.
  • 64-65 floors each line have 2 mutators, combination can be super bad + combination of monstars.

I hope I explain a bit what burn me yesterday.

Please add possibility restart map. It's really burn, then loose 3dr map on 4-5 wave.

NkTtXu.jpg

@PandaPo quote:
Snipply dipply dipply dee

We've got some stuff we're working on that will address some of your pain points for sure. Just takes a little time, but we'll deliver :).

To add in another one that [[161155,users]] didn’t touch us mutators like lethargic being put in lanes that are literally 10 feet to the sub objective. Makes the enemies unkillable when paired with possibly a second broken mutator AND frost goblins. I’ve had lethargic and maximum effort which gives the frost gobus upwards of I believe almost 8 - 9 mil or something crazy like that. Things like that need to be tweaked. You shouldn’t be punished so heavily by RNG and there should be some method to the madness. Cause it seems I only lose when the game decides to throw some ridiculous combo that is unseemably in a lane that is almost unbuildable because of the constraints. If y’all decidedly go above and beyond and program each map for each lane so it’s actually possible to build it without having your hands legit tied behind your back, it’d Be hands down the most fun game type y’all have made by far. 

Also, fix some of the broken combos, putting obsurd amounts of cyborks and frost orcs together but then also putting shield goblins basically stops you from building anything to stop them. Just stop combos like that from happening and the game would be perfect!

@TMyth quote:

Also, fix some of the broken combos, putting obsurd amounts of cyborks and frost orcs together but then also putting shield goblins basically stops you from building anything to stop them. Just stop combos like that from happening and the game would be perfect!

Agreed. That with controlled burn and a kobolt lane on top is one of the worst combo ever....

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

And can someone please explain what exactly the "Pile It On" mutator's about? I never did quite understood that.

Poison, stun, slow, oil, burning, things like that i believe

Something like that, normally I use cannons and pdts to handle that 

@PandaPo quote:

And can someone please explain what exactly the "Pile It On" mutator's about? I never did quite understood that.

Pile it On - Enemies take increased damage per condition they are under.

List of mutators

I meant this part : per condition they are under. I know what it says, I was just confused what that part means. Though I now know what it meant thanks to [[150110,users]]. 

Wall leech and vampiric need to be tuned down a bit. If certain bosses get to your walls, your best option is to sell your wall (or let it get wrecked) then try to take out the boss.  I fought seige roller for like 5 minutes after the last monster had spawned, but he kept healing to 100%. 

Some of the controlled burn lanes are scary af. I had a frosty lane (controlled burn) doubled with a cybork lane last night. Ended up having to use tree, 2 slimes, 3 bees, 2 ramsters and a pdt to cover it.

Comparing resets: I did 15 more onslaught maps (due to failing) on reset 1 to 2 than I did 2 to 3. I think Lost temple is pretty generous with the mana, so I'd usually only fail the first wave. But usually fail on map 2, or at a random time when I accidentally wasn't corrupted dryad.

@PandaPo quote:

List of mutators

I meant this part : per condition they are under. I know what it says, I was just confused what that part means. Though I now know what it meant thanks to TMyth

I think it's aura and node... mb Earth Tower

@PandaPo quote:

@PandaPo quote:

List of mutators

I meant this part : per condition they are under. I know what it says, I was just confused what that part means. Though I now know what it meant thanks to TMyth

I think it's aura and node... mb Earth Tower

Hmmm...I'l do some experimenting soon.

The last game I played I had pile it on for game ogres. Used 1 flame aura, 1 lightning aura, 1 fissure and 1 oli geyser. They all got wrecked. Never got close to the wall

@BeerGoggles quote:

Wall leech and vampiric need to be tuned down a bit. If certain bosses get to your walls, your best option is to sell your wall (or let it get wrecked) then try to take out the boss.  I fought seige roller for like 5 minutes after the last monster had spawned, but he kept healing to 100%.

Use abyss lord second attack + second skill stun - as it has low cooldown you almost have perma stun on boss. So he cannot heal him self.