Sign in to follow this  
Thorney1878

Early access more fun

I've begun to realise that i had much more fun playing dd2 in early access. I used to look forward to coming home after a long days work to smash out a few hours of dd2, but my enthusiasm for the game has dwindled significantly in the last few months. I no longer look forward to it but rather dread the awful grind its become, my hours of gameplay are no longer filled with me desperately wanting to continue after failing a map, because it all seems pointless with the POTA reset system and the fact that i can never pick my own damn map to play. This is not a pitch forks post for everyone to get all upset, just my simple opinion, please TRENDY give the players back some fun with benefits. Feel free to comment but no arguments please, just opinion                          Thank you all 

I'd love to see a free play option available. 

I'd also like to see when i reset my char., that i keep my gear and only reset my level. Having to redo my char. and their gear is a little too much to handle, and stops feeling like progress to me, and instead is a full reboot. I want the same char., with the same ascension points, and same gear when i reset to level 1. I don't want to start over; I want to take the next step. 

there's going to be someone that'll say u want game to end in 2weeks? or they'll say u want game to be easy? which is all subjective really, I wish people realized the mess this is when chaos was even released, now it's like too late and people see it for the mess it is. now people are like, oh no we are wasting time? oh it's a time sink? I guess their subjectiveness is finally playing a role but no1 cares about the casuals Emoji_GobHuntress.png

@Skyaliciouse quote:

there's going to be someone that'll say u want game to end in 2weeks? or they'll say u want game to be easy? which is all subjective really, I wish people realized the mess this is when chaos was even released, now it's like too late and people see it for the mess it is. now people are like, oh no we are wasting time? oh it's a time sink? I guess their subjectiveness is finally playing a role but no1 cares about the casuals Emoji_GobHuntress.png

true, it is very difficult to tailor a game to both the casuals and the die hards. DD1's ability to do both is what brought me to the series. I don't mind grinding, but it has to be done in a way that stays fresh. Some other game series i have played have puled that off very well. I thought DD1 did a really good job at it. I am still not sure about DD2... 

It's been a see saw for DD2.

In the early days of 25++ hard mode the game was great and could have got better.

In the passive days the grind was real but there were those times when a great piece dropped, incursions were good, but PDT madness made all content a face roll.

Passives changed to shards and this could have been great if they hadn't gone with the restriction of Chaos trials, and they wouldn't go back to nightmare levels and shards, which would have been a good solution.

Mastery was and still is an absolute disaster, had onslaught come in instead of mastery DD2 may have held onto the player base but, OMG mastery what a huge stick and tiny tiny weaner of a carrot.

Now we have Onslaught with no interim save, which they need to fix, well they should have hotfixed after a day, but hey what do I know about maintaining player numbers.

Maybe more than Trendy.

@Jaws_420 quote:

Elandrian did mention this Here. Here's hoping it gives us ch7 top gear with shards AND the ability to pick any map AND the same amount of gold & XP that we get from trials.  

@Big_D_N_Lil_J quote:

Elandrian did mention this Here. Here's hoping it gives us ch7 top gear with shards AND the ability to pick any map AND the same amount of gold & XP that we get from trials.  

Sweet...thanks, i'm drooling for that. I want to be able to do all of the old DD1 levels, and do runs on campaign levels at higher difficulties for better weapon drops. It will also add value to the daily coin quests, as i am not fond of having to play on hard to clear a map just for coins. I want to at least play C1 at a min. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

@Big_D_N_Lil_J quote:

Sweet...thanks, i'm drooling for that. I want to be able to do all of the old DD1 levels, and do runs on campaign levels at higher difficulties for better weapon drops. It will also add value to the daily coin quests, as i am not fond of having to play on hard to clear a map just for coins. I want to at least play C1 at a min. 

Yeah, those are great maps! I also want the 2-3 boss maps in ch7. :-)

@Jaws_420 quote:

I'd also like to see when i reset my char., that i keep my gear and only reset my level. Having to redo my char. and their gear is a little too much to handle, and stops feeling like progress to me, and instead is a full reboot. I want the same char., with the same ascension points, and same gear when i reset to level 1. I don't want to start over; I want to take the next step. 

There once was a free play option, but the twist was you got like campaign loot even on chaos 5 at the time of playing it. So they basically made you choose, have fun playing maps you enjoy or don’t get loot for it. I mean let’s be honest like 90% of why I play dd2 is because I’m a perfectionist that wants to have the best gear which always drove me to play, now the game has turned into a ridiculous grind fest. I realize now the POTA is a seriously flawed system when they make you have 250 ascension before prestiging. Why? Because I’ve reached floor 63, but my ascension is 165, so basically if I want to prestige I have to grind to 65 then keep grinding mindless xp, like the whole 65 thing is fine, that’s reasonable, but why the forced 250 ascension.. That’s my only gripe with it, cause honestly 65 isn’t hard to get, I got to 55 in like 4 days, only play on weekends too, so not a ton of time invested either.

@TMyth quote:

There once was a free play option, but the twist was you got like campaign loot even on chaos 5 at the time of playing it. So they basically made you choose, have fun playing maps you enjoy or don’t get loot for it. I mean let’s be honest like 90% of why I play dd2 is because I’m a perfectionist that wants to have the best gear which always drove me to play, now the game has turned into a ridiculous grind fest. I realize now the POTA is a seriously flawed system when they make you have 250 ascension before prestiging. Why? Because I’ve reached floor 63, but my ascension is 165, so basically if I want to prestige I have to grind to 65 then keep grinding mindless xp, like the whole 65 thing is fine, that’s reasonable, but why the forced 250 ascension.. That’s my only gripe with it, cause honestly 65 isn’t hard to get, I got to 55 in like 4 days, only play on weekends too, so not a ton of time invested either.

I'm at like ASC lvl 90 on floor 13...and i am willing that when i hit 65 i will feel the same. Do you keep going from there? I too love the collection of weapons and gear, so i grind away, but to what end? What do you need better gear for past floor 65? The only thing to beat from that point on is the same thing you were grinding. It's a ever-looping cycle. I need some mega-challenge made available that makes my super high end gear feel worth the grind. Some incredibly hard boss mode or something. 

It's the same issue i face in almost all collection style games. Once i get the best weapons in FF, Disgaea, Dynasty Warriors, etc...usually from the toughest bosses or levels - what do i then do my ultimate gear? There is nothing left to beat with it. Often too, i am mad, as i could have used the gear i just got in the fight i was just in...to get it. Top gear should not be a prize in top battles. It should be a prize for something else, that then helps you beat the final boss. 

I kind of like how FF7 did it way back when, for example the gold chocobo. You had to do a serious amount of side quests, breeding, and training to get one, but when you did you got sooooo much from it. Did not require extra $$$, or a fight you could never beat. just time and patience. It was so rewarding. I wish DD2 had some weird epic quests like that which rewarded you with awesome pets,  or unique weapons. Even in FF games, i can only run in the same circle, beating the same enemies, for so long until i am bored to tears. I need a carrot dangled in my face. Something to achieve. 

If nothing else, please TE, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - add more trophies to the game for PS4. A lot of them, and some really hard ones. That would be a carrot for me without adding a single ounce of in-game content.