Sign in to follow this  
rattyflood

Onlsaught

Hi

Today after about 30 attempts I finally soloed floor 60. 

The game froze at the end loading screen. Luckily it saved my level when restated game.

Now I have entered level 61 and have noticed it's a 3 levels again on floor 61. Are they all 3 floors from 60 up?

Seems unusual that floor 60 had 3 and now floor 61 has 3. Why is that.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

Yeah....from floor 60 onwards, every floor is 3 maps. All the more reason to have a (free) replay button.

I'm on the edge for that replay button. I know it sounds crazy. But that's kinda a part of the challenge for me. however i would say that onslaught should be on par with chaos . beat a map 25 DM across the board.

@Lagmonster quote:

Yeah....from floor 60 onwards, every floor is 3 maps. All the more reason to have a (free) replay button.

I'm on the edge for that replay button. I know it sounds crazy. But that's kinda a part of the challenge for me. however i would say that onslaught should be on par with chaos . beat a map 25 DM across the board.

Uh...if you mean we may not need a replay button, yes, that's crazy and I strongly disagree. I literally nearly went insane with anger and frustration that I made a thread impulsively, wrongly condemning other aspects of Onslaught when the real culprit was the lack of a replay button.

It's to the point of NOT FUN. I still dread losing knowing that my time (and internet data) could be wasted. It's gnawing my confidence that I have to redo TWO maps and lose again and again AND again, sometimes certain combo can be quite intense, that I'm too beat for the lost temple where the REAL Challenge is.

Lack of a replay button, is the biggest flaw in Onslaught personally.

And retries has to be free, there are more important things to spend those currencies on.

Though, yes, onslaught needs DM rewards like Chaos Trials.

This is the first time I've ever seen anyone speak anything less than absolute hatred of the 3 map restart.

In a game mode that is supposed to progress to infinite difficulty, I see zero need for this additional "challenge" that can send you back to map one due to countless bugs and disconnects (often after an hour plus of gameplay).  Also it's one more thing that ruins the multiplayer experience since you have people leaving the group after the first map and then nobody else can join.

It's literally the only thing they would have to fix to get me to play the game again.  Until then I'm just sitting at floor 65.

With the added frustration of the constant freezes, blue screen crash and random kicks, yes a replay button would be incredibly helpful in limiting the frustrations. For me it's the current end game. I dont want end game like it was with chaos 7. All you really needed was one good medallion for the flame aura and maybe a totem for a wall. Then afk. That to me isnt fun or challenging. I guess I'm a lil masochistic. ;)

@Lagmonster quote:

With the added frustration of the constant freezes, blue screen crash and random kicks, yes a replay button would be incredibly helpful in limiting the frustrations. For me it's the current end game. I dont want end game like it was with chaos 7. All you really needed was one good medallion for the flame aura and maybe a totem for a wall. Then afk. That to me isnt fun or challenging. I guess I'm a lil masochistic. ;)

It's understandable we all want to protect our Level. And like to be far ahead of others who have not learned the tricks to succeed in onslaught.

I personally think every floor should be one floor. I hate the 3 floor system. They just do it so we rack up the hours more. 

Right now Im currently sitting on floor 73 or 74 dunno  at work ;(. But I find myself playing my level less and running lower levels helping others out a lot more. The grind gets real... When there's just one player in the game. Hehe every game I start is public but no one ever joins ;(. I'd like to see them open the game back up to a more multiplayer friendly experience.  Maybe instead of locking people out by level perhaps by chaos teirs. And then maybe every 10 levels after 55? And as somoe else on here posted of i m running oh say 73 nd someone who's on 68 joins if we win I progress to 74 and they progress to 69.. And while we're on the topic of suggestions how about auto open pet food.. Or open all shard button pleaseee !

@Lagmonster quote:

Right now Im currently sitting on floor 73 or 74 dunno  at work ;(. But I find myself playing my level less and running lower levels helping others out a lot more. The grind gets real... When there's just one player in the game. Hehe every game I start is public but no one ever joins ;(. I'd like to see them open the game back up to a more multiplayer friendly experience.  Maybe instead of locking people out by level perhaps by chaos teirs. And then maybe every 10 levels after 55? And as somoe else on here posted of i m running oh say 73 nd someone who's on 68 joins if we win I progress to 74 and they progress to 69.. And while we're on the topic of suggestions how about auto open pet food.. Or open all shard button pleaseee !

I like the idea of allowing more people to join in public onslaught games. Perhaps allow people join games as long as their highest floor unlocked is within 10 floors of the game they are joining (scaled down on the lower onslaughts). But of course limit their progression to +1 of their highest floor. 

We need such a system because the majority of players don't wish to/can't progress through the higher onslaughts due to various reasons. This makes the higher onslaughts basically a solo game where everyone is too segregated. Also because they are better rewarded by pushing only their highest floor. 

There isn't really an incentive for me to help my friends out on a lower floor but if there is at least some leeway with the floor matchmaking, it would make for a much better multiplayer experience.

@forgot_my_acct_name quote:

This is the first time I've ever seen anyone speak anything less than absolute hatred of the 3 map restart.

In a game mode that is supposed to progress to infinite difficulty, I see zero need for this additional "challenge" that can send you back to map one due to countless bugs and disconnects (often after an hour plus of gameplay).  Also it's one more thing that ruins the multiplayer experience since you have people leaving the group after the first map and then nobody else can join.

It's literally the only thing they would have to fix to get me to play the game again.  Until then I'm just sitting at floor 65.

It's born out of losing 62 and 60 for days....

Imagine losing once at map 3 and then again and again until you stall in the tavern/hub longer than you should be cause of the dread growing. 

And then more losses happen, the frustration grows and you began to doubt your ability to play through that you start to even lose at map 1 or 2. When you manage hit map 3 you couldn't even last one wave.

And this happens for some amount of time, the frustration turns to anger, the losses keeps happening (even with other players), it's just a matter of time before you crack.

@Lagmonster quote:

Well, the mutators and frost enemies is already giving it a challenge and it's more challenging than that of trials. Replaying the two maps again and again is just pure tedious. It's not fun. It's nerve wracking.

@rattyflood quote:

@Lagmonster quote:

It's understandable we all want to protect our Level. And like to be far ahead of others who have not learned the tricks to succeed in onslaught.

I personally think every floor should be one floor. I hate the 3 floor system. They just do it so we rack up the hours more. 

I honestly never expected that there will be a 3 map per floor. I always thought it'll be one map per floor all the way during the time of teasers.

It's born out of losing 62 and 60 for days....

Imagine losing once at map 3 and then again and again until you stall in the tavern/hub longer than you should be cause of the dread growing. 

And then more losses happen, the frustration grows and you began to doubt your ability to play through that you start to even lose at map 1 or 2. When you manage hit map 3 you couldn't even last one wave.

And this happens for some amount of time, the frustration turns to anger, the losses keeps happening (even with other players), it's just a matter of time before you crack.

yeah, map 3 is always where i get stuck, on the cusp of each chaos tier for gear. The gear that drops on maps 1 and 2 is below what i need, but i can't seem to get 3 whole maps played, all by myself, and cleared 100% with no crashes. Only the gear that drops on map 3 is of any possible use, but it is a lot to ask to burn through those first two maps for the hope of getting something on map 3 - let alone actually clearing the map. I usually have to wait and join someone who is totally OP who is willing to lowball for fun, and hope they stay with all 3 maps to get me to the next tier. I don't mind trying a 1/1 level for new gear, but it's that 3rd map that really bothers me, especially with no replay button.  Most people who join will only play one map with you, maybe two before they bail. 15 waves is a lot to ask someone for who is just jumping around for fun.