Sign in to follow this  
Werdna

Is it possible to complete the game only using the 4 main characters?

Hello,

At first, I didn't buy the DLC characters (Jester, EV, Summoner, etc.) because I didn't think they were needed to have fun in the game. I found that over the years you still can have lots of fun only using the 4 main characters and doing hard maps can be fun with the help of others in the game.

I've come to realize that it's very hard to play maps solo with just these four characters. Especially maps that can be very easy like Moonbase, Akatiti Jungle, and The King's Game with the help of a decent EV and Summoner. I have stats on my 4 main character builders averaging around a 3k/4.5k/3k/3k each. I am trying to solo Tavern Defense because to me that has been the easiest.

Ok to get to my point. The title is a little misleading. "Complete the game" in my opinion is be able to solo any map I want and have all the achievements. I know can't get the "Real Time Strategist" achievements so I rephrase my question to this:

It is possible, with high enough stats that I can reach without hacking/modding, to complete maps like Embermount Volcano or Buccaneer Bay soloing with the 4 main characters of DD. Can I even complete Moonbase survival for the loot?

I don't know how many people will read this but if you can share stories of people you know who can do these maps without the help of an EV or Summoner?

I dont Think its possible to solo Embermount or some of the harder maps without a EV.

Because Buffbeams are really strong in dd1 and you miss Alot of dmg. If You enjoy the game i can highly recommend you to Buy all the DLCS. Its worth if you enjoy the game alot.

Basicly all of the harder maps Atleast need buffbeams, and some arent even doable without minions.

If you have any questions you can add me on steam =)

MY RESPONSE IS ASSUMING YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT NM(+HC) MODE.

It is possible, with high enough stats that I can reach without hacking/modding, to complete maps like Embermount Volcano or Buccaneer Bay soloing with the 4 main characters of DD.

Nope.

Can I even complete Moonbase survival for the loot?

With just the base 4 classes? Nope.

I don't know how many people will read this but if you can share stories of people you know who can do these maps without the help of an EV or Summoner?

I know a few that have done Akatiti with nothing but traps and Harps and no minions. But pretty much everyone has used EV Buff-Beams.
I do Sky City NMHC on public lobby with a really stupid Jester Build that doesn't require Buffs or Minions just spamming down as many presents in all directions in possible and call it a day! But Jester is a DLC hero itself so there's that.

I'd suggest wait for a sale and grab the DLC characters. Keep an eye on Humble Bundle. If the game may not go on sale on Steam, it surely does go on sale on Humble Bundle quite often.

"At first, I didn't buy the DLC characters (Jester, EV, Summoner, etc.) because I didn't think they were needed to have fun in the game."

You don't need them to have fun. However, that doesn't mean that you can't have fun with other characters too.

Honestly, I think you can probably beat everything with the original four, but possibly you'd need a group for a few things.

@Alhanalem quote:

"At first, I didn't buy the DLC characters (Jester, EV, Summoner, etc.) because I didn't think they were needed to have fun in the game."

You don't need them to have fun. However, that doesn't mean that you can't have fun with other characters too.

Honestly, I think you can probably beat everything with the original four, but possibly you'd need a group for a few things.

Ok, thanks!

@Werdna quote:

It is possible, with high enough stats that I can reach without hacking/modding, to complete maps like Embermount Volcano or Buccaneer Bay soloing with the 4 main characters of DD. Can I even complete Moonbase survival for the loot?

Honestly I never saw Buccaneer Bay as  a difficult map (talking about campaign ofc), prrety sure you can solo this map with the 4 main characters.

About Moonbase Survival, that one is impossible, sry : (

Embermount Volcano is probably the hardest map in the game, at least you're lucky that monk is one of the best dps heroes. If you have a dps mock with nice stats, you can defeat phoenix, so the main problem would be the waves of enemies. I don't think it's certainly impossible, but that doesn't mean it's not a hard task.

Concluding, basically complete the game the way you want it's not possible, although I would love to see someone do embermount volcano solo with only the 4 main characters. If you complete that, I will ask CDT to give you a Ultimate++ Defender Trophy (instead of the Ultimate Defender one) or make all your items and characters shine... anyway, anything to show everyone you are a Dungeon Defenders God : )

If you accept Embermount Challenge, I would love to help in anything. Completing that can be considered completing the game imo...

Concluding, basically complete the game the way you want it's not possible, although I would love to see someone do embermount volcano solo with only the 4 main characters. If you complete that, I will ask CDT to give you a Ultimate++ Defender Trophy (instead of the Ultimate Defender one) or make all your items and characters shine... anyway, anything to show everyone you are a Dungeon Defenders God : )

If you accept Embermount Challenge, I would love to help in anything. Completing that can be considered completing the game imo...

Ok, I'll try that. I might just play with the four main characters as long as I'm still having fun then I'll buy the new ones once I feel like it.