Sign in to follow this  
Jaws_420

End game help needed - Ascension point spend questions

I am wondering what is best for end game Onslaught to put my ascension points into for the various hero classes. I am at floor 7 btw with about 20 points per category to spend. 

From what i have gathered from various posts here, the Lavamancer is not loved for his end game towers, at least since the last tower balances. Volcano seems to be not worth the DU to most people for the actual DMG you get, and since the range on Maw got nerfed, that tower lost its love a fair amount. So that leaves Oil and Fissures from what i can tell. Oil seems to be the one most favor. Any suggestions on what to spend on? 

Same goes with EV2 - do you build into PB or WM? 

For the rest of the classes, i have been selecting: Huntress - PDT, Monk - FA, Apprentice - FT, Squire - SB, Mystic - VF. I am open to any suggestions on changes to these though. 

I have yet to use Dryad, Abyss Lord or Gunwitch, or the Adept and Initiate, so i would love any guidance on what top tower (or ability for the GW) to spend for these classes as well. Since the Adept has only 1 unique tower, i would imagine i should concentrate on HT. I am not sure i see the point in the Initiate class, as it seems to only be a Monk skin swap for towers. 

Do the tower speed points help enough to be dropping the 20 points into for every single hero tower class? 

Last question - for the higher floors, will investing in range gambits nerf my power to a point that i make a tower not as usable? I want to drop points into the Monk FA gambit, but the thought of losing power makes me cringe. What towers are worth the loss of power? I would think a blockade like the Mystic VF would be ideal, as it's strength is not necessarily its power, but its ability to trap units and withstand attacks is. Same for LM Maw. I can't tell if the range vs. DMG trade off is worth it for the towers like FA, PDT, FT . 

Thanks for any help or guidance in advance. 

If you have 20 points, I'd do whatever you fancy for the left category.

Middle 10 in the defence of your choice, 10 in defence speed, share between the two until speed is maxed then all in tower damage

Right 20 in defence crit chance, rest in crit damage and gambit as you gain ascension.

For DPS heroes go Hero crit chance first and crit damage 

• Fissures can be useful if you need to stack auras closer together or stack on flame auras for short lanes, and Oil Geysers are mainly used for their utility for some Controlled Burn mutator lanes.
  • I'd prioritize EV2's Proton Beams first, since WMs are often expensive to use
  • Here's my endgame builds if you need some examples (ascension priority suggestions included) for some effective setups I've been using at higher floors.
  • Defense Speed has more value early on because most defenses get diminishing returns on speed when you approach C7 relics (approaches speed cap).  I would only consider this for characters who are using multiple defenses (e.g. Monk with FA and SGT) to increase the DPS of more than one defense.
  • The Defense Power Talent eventually provides a net gain over the DP loss from the range gambits, so it's not bad as long as you're putting points into the DP Talent that are greater than or equal to the points of the range gambit.  Blockades do not have range gambits, by the way -- only certain defenses.

Also, I recommend watching these if you haven't already:

Juicebags's Builder Ascension Guide

Juicebags's Hero Ascension Guide

Juicebags's Hero and Defense Spotlights Playlist

@Fozzie quote:

If you have 20 points, I'd do whatever you fancy for the left category.

Middle 10 in the defence of your choice, 10 in defence speed, share between the two until speed is maxed then all in tower damage

Right 20 in defence crit chance, rest in crit damage and gambit as you gain ascension.

For DPS heroes go Hero crit chance first and crit damage 

thanks for the general guidance 

@lightrayne quote:
  • Fissures can be useful if you need to stack auras closer together or stack on flame auras for short lanes, and Oil Geysers are mainly used for their utility for some Controlled Burn mutator lanes.
  • I'd prioritize EV2's Proton Beams first, since WMs are often expensive to use
  • Here's my endgame builds if you need some examples (ascension priority suggestions included) for some effective setups I've been using at higher floors.
  • Defense Speed has more value early on because most defenses get diminishing returns on speed when you approach C7 relics (approaches speed cap).  I would only consider this for characters who are using multiple defenses (e.g. Monk with FA and SGT) to increase the DPS of more than one defense.
  • The Defense Power Talent eventually provides a net gain over the DP loss from the range gambits, so it's not bad as long as you're putting points into the DP Talent that are greater than or equal to the points of the range gambit.  Blockades do not have range gambits, by the way -- only certain defenses.

Also, I recommend watching these if you haven't already:

Juicebags's Builder Ascension Guide

Juicebags's Hero Ascension Guide

Juicebags's Hero and Defense Spotlights Playlist

I'm surprised Oil is not used more. I stick one at the front of my FA chains, and it adds extra burn damage to those in it for pretty cheap DU. It seems more useful than the Fissure, if you are not DPSing the LM with it, but i will have to check out the Fissures tonight and see how they do. 

I appreciate the info on the PB. I see WM used much more in online matches, so i was not sure which one was better. 

Thanks for the link to your builds. Great job!!!! I can't wait until i have a decent amount of points to actually use. 

On speed - it sounds like you do one build as you get to C7 level, but once you get there you will need to redo all of the ascension points as things you needed before will get capped and become useless at C7 levels. I better save some war coins for that task for all of my chars., as that is a lot when you add them all up. For now sounds like a great place to put some points. 

Great call out on balancing Talent with Gambit. I did not think of that. If i am careful not to overdo the Gambit over the Talent, i should get the range increase with no dmg loss (but no gain either). I love turbo powering up those FA's!!! 

Very much appreciate the links. I will check those out. I usually prefer written guides so i don't have to watch the rest of the vid, but i guess we all need to evolve with the times. Guides are kind of dead, which is sad. This game could sure use some. If i didn't work full time, i would make a few for DD2.