Sign in to follow this  
Murdash

Nimbus will be useless for years?

The bug was reported nearly half a year ago and it still happens all the time. Just got my 3 win streak for the extra shard then all of the nimbuses just stop moving and I lose the 5th wave on dead roads.. Devs seriously have no idea what's causing a 100% reproducable gamebreaking bug after half a year?

I was like okay, lets just skip dead roads next time. Then it happened in siphon site d too on the 2th round, I had to kill everything with my low dps because the nimbuses were just looking at me. Then they worked fine for half a round and then stopped again. 

And this has been around for half a year. Shame on you TE.

TE - I rarely see this when playing onslaught, but I saw this same behavior ALL THE TIME on mastery. ESPECIALLY when I was doing the “you have 30 sec to build” maps and I would drop a BUNCH of Nimbuses really fast (they have such high range and dmg they would be great to help with that first round) and a bunch of them wouldn’t do anything. It was 100% consistent. Mastery, grab gems, drop a TON of nimbuses (5-6, a time least, usually in two groups in two different parts of map) and then watch a bunch of them do NOTHING  for rounds and rounds until i either lose or sell them off and replace them with functional defenses.

They've not fixed bees and Dryad's towers not counting as her own (evidenced clearly from the fact that other corrupt players affects your towers and you can see damage numbers from other dryad players' towers and dryad is consistently the lowest scorer if you build with her).

It feels like there is noone working on bugs.. They accidently fix some easy to do visual bugs etc and everything else is ignored for years.

never really tried this but bees n nimbus have issues with things behind them try building them side ways like u would a hailstorm tower so just build facing  90 degrees left or right worth a shot right so they go side to side not front to back

@Acenf quote:

never really tried this but bees n nimbus have issues with things behind them try building them side ways like u would a hailstorm tower so just build facing  90 degrees left or right worth a shot right so they go side to side not front to back

I've not tried that either/ might work it's worth trying 

Tried it out on dead roads, on the 5th wave all of them just stop moving. I've put them far behind the trees the way you suggested, sadly its not working

Honestly, I rarely see the Nimbus bug myself. Most of the time, they fight alongside me and get damage done. The only bug that I do notice is that the Corrupt Dryad doesn't enable the bonuses on the towers properly. 

Lucky you. Many of us see this bug frequently enough to avoid using nimbus since it could cause a loss if it happens at a critical time.

I don´t remember ever having the nimbus bug out on me. Then again I haven´t used them lately. Nimbus has never had the leading part in my builds but always a supporting role, so that might be why I never noticed.

I do use nimbuses in strategic locations regularly and they are generally reliable. BUT, as I mentioned earlier in the thread I did see this behavior regularly in mastery when I quickly dropped a lot of nimbuses rapidly during 30 sec build times. It was the only time I saw it personally.

I use Nimbus a lot and have only seen this problem  a couple of times but it's clear that some people see it a lot.  Since we're running the same code and same maps, it sounds like it might depend on placement.  I typically use the tree as my lane blockade and plonk down numbus right next to it.  

@Murdash quote:

The bug was reported nearly half a year ago and it still happens all the time. Just got my 3 win streak for the extra shard then all of the nimbuses just stop moving and I lose the 5th wave on dead roads.. Devs seriously have no idea what's causing a 100% reproducable gamebreaking bug after half a year?

I was like okay, lets just skip dead roads next time. Then it happened in siphon site d too on the 2th round, I had to kill everything with my low dps because the nimbuses were just looking at me. Then they worked fine for half a round and then stopped again. 

And this has been around for half a year. Shame on you TE.

The problem with this issue is reproducing it on our end. Others have said in this thread they see it sometimes, or they've never seen it. The log and amount of time put into this bug has been pretty high, but without any reproduction of it, it's almost impossible to find a fix. It may be a "100% reproducable gamebreaking bug" on your end, but we cannot reproduce it with multiple reports of steps given. 

If you could provide a video of it occurring, we could see if there is weird placement issues on specific maps that are causing issues. Maybe there are certain zones where it's bugging out the AI that we just didn't try placements. There's a lot of factors that could be affecting it, and the more info we have, the quicker we get to resolution.

Just from multiple discussions and bug reports/logs, I can assure you that there has been a lot of time spent on this specific issue. With that said, please avoid speaking down to us or making negative assumptions about how issues are handled. We love the feedback, and the more in-depth info we get, the better changes/fixes we can make. It's completely understandable how frustrating some of these things can be, but adding anger and insults to comments and feedback doesn't help, instead it tends to break discussion and communication between devs and communities.

maybe its because of trees mob attack the tree and somehow end up attacking it from behind this is usually a dead zone for mor me even when its covered by range and no other mobs .remembering back most of the times they stop working is when a large number of mobs spawn and i think they're coded to attack whats closest to the hive so if something gets through while more mobs are closer to the hive the bees will basically ignore that target but yes they also ignore a few things hight is a very strange thing for bees also sometimes they attack flyers some times not same with c7 emp kobbold things like 98% fine but some times just fly right through i also think this is probably due to it range away from hive being further then ground mobs so more an unlucky break .i've seen slime pits stop too when their balls fall offf the dual stair case where skellys only spawn oh n a boss or 2 when the balls fall into the gap between the 2 they wont bounce around and back up they just stop completly

@MaJean quote:

Could people (or some people at least) be mistaking EMP disabled Nimbus' for buggy Nimbus'?

I often wonder this as well. I've never had any problems with them. Not saying it doesn't happen at all, but I just can't replicate it. 

Lawlta Then why can't they simply write that in the bug report page? "Please record it, because we can't reproduce it like everyone else" this doesn't take 6 months to type.

I'll install the game just to record it because I'd really like to believe you but my hopes aren't set high.

Dead Roads Chaos 3 5th wave and they've stopped again, just as mentioned in the half year old bug report, again, 100% repro chance.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Murdash%20HUN/video/42999020

I've had gameplay in the bug report since September (granted its not the greatest dryad play ever. I thought the bug had to do with running out of star power so I kept messing around with that).  I made the link to jump to the timecode within 10-20 seconds of the bug on vid 2 & 3, but if they wanted they could jump to the build phase earlier in the video and see exactly where I built everything.  So far I've never had a Trials Dead Road run where the nimbus didn't bug in wave 5.

Its disappointing. But, bee/hornet spam works better than nimbus spam so I've moved away from the nimbus...lol.  Medallion + Power Transfer + Deadly Strikes + Rate/DCritDmg (depending on if your attack rate is fast enough).  I haven't had the hornets bug out, though slimes don't like to climb certain inclined paths so it *looks* bugged sometimes.