Sign in to follow this  
Murdash

Least useless tower against cyborks?

I feel like every single non aoe tower does way too low damage compared to their limits. I'm leveling on xbox and have tried out all towers available to me., For example with the same gear a flame aura does 4k dps while a cannonball does 10k. Flame aura has a bigger range and hits 8 targets, cannonball hits one, it's nearly useless. Now I've came to the point where I'm facing cyborks again, is it the same year old 'ramster or firethrower' situation again? We are still that limited? I've tried placing hornets behind corners, up high etc but cyborks dont care, they turn them off even if their attacks' visual doesnt even go close. 

Note that cyborks come at chaos 2 so you dont have a range shard against them. Without range both ramsters and flamethrowers suck because they get killed by every mob aoe.

Poison Dart Tower placed at the start of each lane, with your walls much further into the lane, will do a lot of damage to most things before they reach. But you are right. Early on, before range shards, AoE options are very mediocre versus Cyborks.

@The Jason Order quote:

Poison Dart Tower placed at the start of each lane, with your walls much further into the lane, will do a lot of damage to most things before they reach. But you are right. Early on, before range shards, AoE options are very mediocre versus Cyborks.

they are kinda lame without the shard that spreads the poison but I guess I really dont have a choice here, thank you for the answer

Yeah....for early chaos levels you can pair poison darts early in the lane with stun shards in your cannonball towers. Should be more than enough. Ramsters are your only real AOE option, though a well placed flamethrower (with empowered flame? I think that’s the shard name) can be good as well - just don’t fight close to them or they’ll take splash damage. 

Later chaos levels you will be able to have the AoE explosion shard for poison dart which really helps.