Sign in to follow this  
Paloverde zfogshooterz

Why Bundle of the Beast overstayed it's welcome (a part two)

(Wanted to make this thread earlier,  but I thought it'll be best to wait for the devs to return from their holidays or this will thread will be buried by other threads before they return)

Well, we thought the Bundle of the Beast would be the next seasonal DLC that's staying after the season's over like the Permafrost. But I found something that makes it not credible to stay.

There are four pictures that will prove one thing :

WkuQbqM.jpg

vfrmldL.jpg

bhZVyJ8.jpg

TILwqD9.jpg

Notice something funny? If you do, congrats! Let me put an exaggerated expression of discovery for humour's sake.

NgWmXII.gif

And for those who still don't get it, here's why :

VYr0uCs.jpg 5MVHMnZ.jpg

Sytmwrj.jpgcjW8x4Q.jpg

That's right! Alarming Red Words : EXCLUSIVE: Limited Seasonal Offering.

I think that's one of the reasons why (some) people (me included) buy it. And to have it stay is not good. It's just not cool. It's similar to the Grave Danger pack situation.

I think it's better to just make more exclusives, people will buy it 'cause it's exclusive. I don't see the point of having an exclusive overstaying just for some extra bucks while making people who bought it for exclusive's sake feel bad.

@Little Magic Hat quote:

All that just to say they've left seasonal DLC available to grab?

I didn't buy it because of exclusivity.

Yep. My point is, for example, the Halloween 2017 flairs did say "Exclusive: limited seasonal offering", and it's the same for this. While the 2017 flairs did disappear, why didn't this bundle? 

I did say exclusivity is one of the reasons, not the only reason. I actually forgot to say "some people"

Nice post that looks like it took a while to write. 

I completely agree.

Hope you get your answer from trendy

[[166314,users]]

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

@rattyflood quote:

Nice post that looks like it took a while to write. 

I completely agree.

Hope you get your answer from trendy

Lawlta

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Thank you :) The whole "choreography" of this was planned in pieces in my head for days. (of course, most the words was pure improvisation)

And yeah, real hopeful I will get an explanation and the eventual removal of that bundle.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

It's gone! It's finally gone! For whatever reason you've done this, thanks Trendy!

Now it's finally a true exclusive.

I'd have to check to see if it's also off PS4 (different platforms, different response times), but removing it after the holiday break took some time. Feel free to let us know if you see anything amiss like this again :).

@Lawlta quote:

It's gone! It's finally gone! For whatever reason you've done this, thanks Trendy!

Now it's finally a true exclusive.

I'd have to check to see if it's also off PS4 (different platforms, different response times), but removing it after the holiday break took some time. Feel free to let us know if you see anything amiss like this again :).

Ah, so that's why the bundle stayed longer. Thanks for letting us know!

And, yeah, will do, if that happens again :)

[[166314,users]] Can you please tell if this 'limited seasonal offer' means that it will only be available during winter/new year (once a year) or if it is a once and never again thing.

Actually I do like this limited time-stuff but since the grave danger costumes were advertised as exclusive temporary offer and still came back, I skipped on this one because I have expected them to be not 'as exclusive as advertised'.

@Dreizehn quote:

Lawlta Can you please tell if this 'limited seasonal offer' means that it will only be available during winter/new year (once a year) or if it is a once and never again thing.

Actually I do like this limited time-stuff but since the grave danger costumes were advertised as exclusive temporary offer and still came back, I skipped on this one because I have expected them to be not 'as exclusive as advertised'.

Grave Danger came back? Weren't they only "reskinned" into some fire skeleton knock offs for Trendy to get around their promise of keeping it "exclusive"

@Random Asian quote:

@Dreizehn quote:

Lawlta Can you please tell if this 'limited seasonal offer' means that it will only be available during winter/new year (once a year) or if it is a once and never again thing.

Grave Danger came back? Weren't they only "reskinned" into some fire skeleton knock offs for Trendy to get around their promise of keeping it "exclusive"

As far as I remember they were reintroduced but after the community complained (massively) they were taken back/reskinned. I am not sure if it was possible to purchase them again or if they have only been announced.

@Random Asian quote:

Well, actually, they also included a couple of them in the Hero Army Pack (Skeleton Squire and Monk). It was basically the precursor to the Heroic Pack but with skins instead of gems.

@Sn/+/per quote:
@Random Asian quote:

Well, actually, they also included a couple of them in the Hero Army Pack (Skeleton Squire and Monk). It was basically the precursor to the Heroic Pack but with skins instead of gems.

Thanks for the correction. ^^

Actually this experience was the reason why I did not purchase the new 'limited time" stuff and I hoped to get an official response here.

@Lawlta quote:

The Bundle of the Beast will be available again down the road. :) 

Whoa whoa whoa. Mind if I ask what does that mean?

I can only see two possibilities here :

(1) The EXACT same bundle with the EXACT same contents being back next halloween? 

The reason I bought this pack was that I thought this Bundle will be gone forever like the Burning Souls or Humbug Holiday. This is getting really controversial if this is the case. 

(2) There will be a 2018 Bundle of the Beast with NEW limited contents in them.

That means goodbye Bundle of the Beast 2017. (Which is better)

Hope to have an official response on this.

That'd be pretty disappointing if it's the same bundle. Is Trendy really out of ideas for Halloween packs that they gotta do reskins and bring back past bundles?

Though, I wouldn't mind one thing in the next bundle :

An upgrade of the four accessories (Dread Knight Casque, Pumpkin Head Folly, Purrnicorn Mask, and Bag 'O' Boogey) into full-fledged costumes/skins.

They just looked too good to be accessories.

Though, I wouldn't mind one thing in the next bundle :

An upgrade of the four accessories (Dread Knight Casque, Pumpkin Head Folly, Purrnicorn Mask, and Bag 'O' Boogey) into full-fledged costumes/skins.

They just looked too good to be accessories.

Yea they definitely need their own separate costume. I'm no expert on fashion but I know well enough those helmets absolutely do not fit will with the respective hero's color asthetic for their default outfit/skin. Can't even use on other costumes either >_>.

There is always going to be for and against when it comes to re-releasing event costumes. As far as I know, the re-colored skeletons (black/red) and Bundle of the Beast could make a return (and possibly additional cosmetics released with them). The original skeletons will remain exclusive to (I believe) Halloween 2015. 

@Lawlta quote:

There is always going to be for and against when it comes to re-releasing event costumes. As far as I know, the re-colored skeletons (black/red) and Bundle of the Beast could make a return (and possibly additional cosmetics released with them). The original skeletons will remain exclusive to (I believe) Halloween 2015. 

Just confirming, so they have a chance to be back this year, and the next year, and the next year and so on?

'Cause if that's the case I gotta change some of my plans...as I now collect/buy only exclusive cosmetics...

Will there still be hard-rock never-to-comeback exclusives in the future?

Though I'll be a bit optimistic on this : 

Bundle of the Beast could make a return (and possibly additional cosmetics released with them)

@Lawlta quote:

Just confirming, so they have a chance to be back this year, and the next year, and the next year and so on?

'Cause if that's the case I gotta change some of my plans...as I now collect/buy only exclusive cosmetics...

Will there still be hard-rock never-to-comeback exclusives in the future?

Though I'll be a bit optimistic on this : 

Bundle of the Beast could make a return (and possibly additional cosmetics released with them)

Now to think more of it. It's be extremely weird if the previously bundles being back again and again.

Sure, one more year would be OK I guess. Maybe. But it'll be quite bizarre if that keeps happening without major new exclusive cosmetics..... 

As long as they only advertise it as 'seasonal' and not as 'never coming back', I'm totally ok with it. Well, I'll have less incentive to buy it but that's just my personal attitude.

IF they do come back again and again I assume they intend to widen the range of offered seasonal cosmetics each year. Basically that'd be a great idea because new players might like the old skins more while 'older' players find something new they like.

However I think throwing in some 'once and never again' skins might put a bit of oil into the flame for some players.

I like the idea of the defender packs and I also have had a huge amount of them when I logged in after a long break. Nevertheless the chance of receiving gold instead of anything cosmetic prevents me from using gems.

If those defender packs cosmetics would also be steam inventory items AND would appear as duplicates instead of turning into gold, I'd have already thrown way too much gems because I would know I'd get anything. Maybe not the stuff I want but I could still trade it with others.

Defender packs are a neat idea but the current state is not tempting enough. I'm one of those guys who purchased way too much cosmetics in another game simply because I could trade my duplicates with friends.

I would think there is not much incentive for TE to have "once only" packs. You don't make much profit off of a skin you spend time making, animating, and testing - just to get a small window at selling it. I would imagine they want to get as much mileage as possible out of it. I get the fact people want exclusivity, but you have to also keep the economic model in mind of a F2P game. The money they get from the few people who are proud of their exclusive outfits is not enough to outweigh being able to sell the same skin to anyone. Plus, players who come late to the game (like myself) feel jilted that we did not even have a chance to get the skin, so equity comes into play. There ought to be a compromise somewhere in the middle. Seasonal offerings sounds closer to that to me than once ever packs.