Sign in to follow this  
xzxinflamesxzx

Chaos 4 Mastery Build Question

I am attempted to complete a 5 star on Little-Horn Vally. 

The requirements are:

No cores below 90%, 10 different defenses, and no upgrading.

Considering this map requires you spread out 1000 Du's over 5 ground lanes and 3 air lanes; I cannot seem to get enough DPS to kill the lady orc's before they destroy whatever wall I have up. I tried running around like a chicken with my head cut off repairing walls but that won't get me past wave 4. 

I have all the heroes except for the gun witch, and the female version of the monk and the apprentice. If I could get some build advice that would be great. Also, I almost always play solo and would like to complete it that way.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

That is one of the most insane mastery map. Go check out SimonB Mastery 4 run. It'll help a lot. You might lose a few tries but you'll get around it I guess.

Stacking WMU's, I'll give that a try. The no upgrades star seems to be a pain.

With that, no walls on Buried Castle in Chaos 3 was pretty intense as well. 

If you have Deadly strikes and vicious strikes shards, you can build most maps with 2-3 trees (only 1 in some cases). Then you can place hornets and slimes pretty much anywhere you want. You can use all the walls to get most of your 10 defenses. You can even put totems on your volcano and your Obelisk and put Vampiric Empowerment on them and they will still do cool damage!

@Big_D_N_Lil_J quote:

If you have Deadly strikes and vicious strikes shards, you can build most maps with 2-3 trees (only 1 in some cases). Then you can place hornets and slimes pretty much anywhere you want. You can use all the walls to get most of your 10 defenses. You can even put totems on your volcano and your Obelisk and put Vampiric Empowerment on them and they will still do cool damage!

I'll give that a try. Do bees have enough DPS un-upgraded to kill lady orcs fast enough?

Bees didn't really do it for me, lady orcs are too quick. My best build so far is double flames on the blockades plus a ramster just behind it.....

Did it, eventually. 

2 Flames overlapping by each blockade, 2 more strung out in a line, so 4 per lane

1 Lightning per lane in the middle of the overlap, except one lane (not enough DU)

2 SkyGuards

4 Diff Blockades

The last 3 defenses to make up the 10 were 3x 20DU ones (Ex Trap, Oil G, Snaking Sands), 1 per lane.

Interestingly, it was a change in relic to the Flame Aura that made the difference. I was using what I usually use for FA: (Mark + PT, DCD and Rate) and in Mastery 4 it was giving me 21k dps. I switched it to a Medallion (Mass Destruction, VE and Rate), pushing me up to 41k DPS, almost double?

BUT, in the tavern my usual setup with the Mark gives 446k DPS, and the Medallion 426k?? 

Anyway, it worked, but still had to run around repairing defenses, as you can't upgrade either.

Based on other maps little horn valley with 3 air spawns and 5 lanes should have another 200 DU I think.

@bfgeleven quote:

Bees didn't really do it for me, lady orcs are too quick. My best build so far is double flames on the blockades plus a ramster just behind it.....

I just completed it last night. I stacked weapon manufacturers at my walls. The shards I was using on them was attack rate, deadly strikes, and mass destruction. My walls held for the most part, ranged enemies were an issue at some of the lanes.

I also used two sky guard towers around center map with both deadly strikes and viscous strikes so the air enemies couldn't make it to any of the cores.   

@Ziggo quote:

Based on other maps little horn valley with 3 air spawns and 5 lanes should have another 200 DU I think.

I just typically let the sub objectives die, then you have enough DU's, can't do that with the mastery requirements though.

With that, this map definitely needs a high DU allowance. 

@bfgeleven quote:

Interestingly, it was a change in relic to the Flame Aura that made the difference. I was using what I usually use for FA: (Mark + PT, DCD and Rate) and in Mastery 4 it was giving me 21k dps. I switched it to a Medallion (Mass Destruction, VE and Rate), pushing me up to 41k DPS, almost double?

BUT, in the tavern my usual setup with the Mark gives 446k DPS, and the Medallion 426k?? 

Although, not a bad setup, Have you tried a Medallion with PT, VE and either DCD or Rate or (Mass) Destruction?

I've also used flame auras for walls in some cases. In those cases, I have a totem with VE, PT and the 3rd shard I change around to random shards. Although, Wallcanoes and Walbelisks make better walls. Except in Mastery 3, and any other Mastery with Geodes, Wallcanoes do splash dmg on geodes and splash heroes to death.

@bfgeleven quote:

Anyway, it worked, but still had to run around repairing defenses, as you can't upgrade either.

The Mastery Ascension Talent Caps are as follows:

• C1 - C4 = 0 Ascension
  • C5 = 5 Ascension
  • C6 - C7 = 10 Ascension

(They need to make this more clear beyond an old post I can't find anymore)

The reason you had better DPS with the Medallion is probably because your usual Defense Crit Chance talent (+20% Defense Crit Chance) isn't available in C4 Mastery, where your ascension talent cap is 0.  You would only have the base +10%, and if you don't crit often, you're not getting the best use of the Defense Crit Damage stat.  You could technically remedy this somewhat if you used the Defensive Critical Strikes shard (+15% Defense Crit Chance).  Destruction and Defense Rate were my usual minimum shards for decent damage on a Medallion or, if you want a more crit-based setup, use at least Defensive Critical Strikes and Power Transfer (for Medallions)/Defensive Critical Damage (for Marks).  This varied by defenses, but here's my Mastery Builds/Notes if you're interested.

@Big_D_N_Lil_J quote:

I've also used flame auras for walls in some cases. In those cases, I have a totem with VE, PT and the 3rd shard I change around to random shards. Although, Wallcanoes and Walbelisks make better walls. Except in Mastery 3, and any other Mastery with Geodes, Wallcanoes do splash dmg on geodes and splash heroes to death.

I think you meant Flamethrower Towers.  :P

The reason you had better DPS with the Medallion is probably because your usual Defense Crit Chance talent (+20% Defense Crit Chance) isn't available in C4 Mastery, where your ascension talent cap is 0.  You would only have the base +10%, and if you don't crit often, you're not getting the best use of the Defense Crit Damage stat.  You could technically remedy this somewhat if you used the Defensive Critical Strikes shard (+15% Defense Crit Chance).  Destruction and Defense Rate were my usual minimum shards for decent damage on a Medallion or, if you want a more crit-based setup, use at least Defensive Critical Strikes and Power Transfer (for Medallions)/Defensive Critical Damage (for Marks).  This varied by defenses, but here's my Mastery Builds/Notes if you're interested.

Thats v helpful, thanks. I do have a single crit strike shard, could do with a few more for Mastery...

@bfgeleven quote:

I beat it pretty easy with dryad build with bees and slimes, proton beams, and frost towers, combined into a land you can literally make enemy move speed like 1%, pretty cheesy 

@xzxinflamesxzx quote:

I am attempted to complete a 5 star on Little-Horn Vally. 

The requirements are:

No cores below 90%, 10 different defenses, and no upgrading.

Considering this map requires you spread out 1000 Du's over 5 ground lanes and 3 air lanes; I cannot seem to get enough DPS to kill the lady orc's before they destroy whatever wall I have up. I tried running around like a chicken with my head cut off repairing walls but that won't get me past wave 4. 

I have all the heroes except for the gun witch, and the female version of the monk and the apprentice. If I could get some build advice that would be great. Also, I almost always play solo and would like to complete it that way.

I too uploaded a video recently and it is a bit more... chaotic what I build.

Your best hope is in lieu of 30-40 DU defenses, you construct Maws of the Earth Drake and a Colossus, which have far more damage resistance to withstand Snooki (Orc Berserkers, but me and my friends call them this and Lady Orcs sounds dumb) cleavers. I also use a Mystic religiously. If you decide to go 30-40 DU walls, diversify them and then use Proton Beams and Frostbite Towers to slow down non-Snooki or increase their damage resistance with a Boost Aura armed with Boosted Power and Boosted Blockade.

With all the Crowd Control options I have, all I really had to slay was Snooki, Kobolds, Witherbeasts and Geodes by my own hand. I just attack other enemies to help get the cooldowns down (I have Serpent God's Fury in her weapon) and I have the shard that spreads Poison with her secondary attack, which shoots 5 bolts. The Obelisk has the added bonus of map wide targeting + Flamethrower Tower on steroids. Plus I had the option of moving it around if I wanted to.

I also don't have to remind you that you should have a Construction shard on your DPS hero to accelerate repairs and to get involved if you see a Defense go red. You will also need to get involved if a lane has a large amount of Wyverns, 4 Gliders or 12 Beetles in the South.

I don't really like doing what SimonB does, even if the Dryad is strong because it doesn't always work and right now, the Dryad in corrupt form is still bugged with a few defenses (Harpies don't pierce, Nimbus don't shock, etc.).