Sign in to follow this  
Uchihia

where is Trendy's Spirit , PERIOD!

honestly as much as  love this game and the franchise i truly believe trendy lack the same spirit that drove us bonkers about DD1, during any festive season Trendy would release a event available to all  which filled our spirit with excitement ,  such as farming for eggs in-order  to get the mega chicken or coal for the seasonal exclusive, i remember one Easter i was unable to collect all the eggs then i would go to various open tavern shops negotiating with other players in order to complete my set at the same time getting to know them, it was more engaging. I mean the least they could of done was offer a double xp/gold week to encourage causal players  during the holidays to hop on and even try for ancient power since a small incentive would of been there.  TRENDY PLZ STOP FOCUSING TO MUCH ON COSMETICS AND FLAIRS,  so many people who failed on map 3/3 realised  immediately it was discouraging to even try after a few attempts, not everyone is a pro and if discourage people from the beginning how do you expect them to become loyal customers. i honestly cant understand how your team missed this :/ . (mind my English not the best ) 

This game needs constant new content. Remember DD1? New DLC all the time. And it was OK paying for it, DLC was always cheep and worth it. Since first time I heard DD2 will be F2P I was disappointed. Unfortunately I can't see DD1 Era coming back... is a shame.

@mmaakk quote:

This game needs constant new content. Remember DD1? New DLC all the time. And it was OK paying for it, DLC was always cheep and worth it. Since first time I heard DD2 will be F2P I was disappointed. Unfortunately I can't see DD1 Era coming back... is a shame.

i know what you mean man, really struggling to fathom Trendy's mindset,  the payed  DLC model ensured that all efforts where made so people would buy and invest their time in hopes they would be so content that they look forward to the next DLC, This free to play model seems to focused cosmetics, flairs and recycling material which was tedious to begin with. they need to start releasing very rare items that offer more than just a cosmetic appeal, i mean that new pet in onslaught should of been uber good but its just and pet with a different skin. What part of dd1 so enjoyable was what you farmed actually had some serious output 

I noticed over the last couple of years, that the new Trendy team lacks the imagination and ideas of the original team from DD1. They even lack some of the fun and craziness.

I don´t know how many staff members who is currently working on this, also worked on the first game, but I am pretty sure, I read somewhere (ages ago) that the leadership changed. I love this game and it has great potential, but:

by now, we should be beyond just having "potential"

I think the fact that they went the F2P route was bad for the game. We can´t have any wacky OP weapons anymore, because we can´t have an "unbalanced" game. Instead it´s a game focused on repititions and endless grinding, because: 

Time spent playing = Money in their pockets (spent on skins etc...) This is the essence of F2P.

The thing is, that more time spent, is not always equal to more fun had.

I think they try to force players to buy in game through microtransactions - imagine how much medals you would need now when you would be fresh player and want all heros.

Microtransactions are now used mainly in mobile games. But this is usually pay to win contect games - where there are like 1% of whales who spend thousands or 10k s dollars per event.

So honestly I do not understand monetary situation of Trendy if I look on numbers of players now:

playing 11 min ago
24-hour peak

This is really not even base. I honestly don´t know why DD2 has such a horrible numbers in player´s base.

Guys from Trendy should really think about doing some marketing - that game is just awesome one of the best I have ever played. The problem would be its just now known in the normal world.

Hey guys, great thread so far, great replies by MaJean, Uchihaa and mmaakk. pretty much everything I was worried about ever since the fully wipe happened coming out of alpha. also atharix brings up a good point, a point I have brought up in the past too but here's one of the issues with TE & DD2 in general: Make X Update (everyone loves game), Make Y Update that effects X Update (no one notices it till it's too late), Make Z Update effecting X and Y (no one noticies it till it's too late), Make a big update (Now people realize, oh no this is so bad). People don't realize the road that's being walked on before the big thing happens. But when the big thing doesn't hit the head....the next one is sure to do it!

There have been a whole plethora of bad decisions. F2P by its very definition means mostly casual gamers.

Casual gamers need small incremental achievements, not 3 maps complete or you lose.

They need choice, not forced to play X map

They need fun not the disaster that is Mastery

The charts simply show how God awful mastery was, it basically killed the game after the restrictions of Trials.

The community highlighted the issues again and again and again but Trendy would not listen.

Masters of their own destruction.

I have put thousands of hours into DD1 and DD2 and sadly this team took the golden egg laying goose and cooked it.

@Fozzie quote:

There have been a whole plethora of bad decisions. F2P by its very definition means mostly casual gamers.

Casual gamers need small incremental achievements, not 3 maps complete or you lose.

They need choice, not forced to play X map

They need fun not the disaster that is Mastery

The charts simply show how God awful mastery was, it basically killed the game after the restrictions of Trials.

The community highlighted the issues again and again and again but Trendy would not listen.

Masters of their own destruction.

I have put thousands of hours into DD1 and DD2 and sadly this team took the golden egg laying goose and cooked it.

pretty much summed it up in a nut shell and love the analogy XD.  like DD1 this game needs to appeal to the mass and not the very few, they need better updates, revamp some areas and focus on players interest and experience. when ancient powers was released i actually thought they where punishing us with the soft reset, even juciebags in his live videos found it mind numbing.   

@atharix quote:

This is really not even base. I honestly don´t know why DD2 has such a horrible numbers in player´s base.

Guys from Trendy should really think about doing some marketing - that game is just awesome one of the best I have ever played. The problem would be its just now known in the normal world.

tbh man i dont think at this point allocating costs to major marketing mediums would be any benefit to them in the long run, anyone picking up the game and spending 1;30mins on onslaught map 3/3 then failing to only restart  will just as easily delete and move on since the game is free to play, its just onslaught nearly with every update they have lacked charisma where is the awesome variety of loot 

In DD1 the more players, the more mobs, the more loot.

In DD2 the more players the harder the mobs but no more loot, DOH.

In DD1 you could see all games of all types at a glance, where has that gone in DD2.

In DD1 survival you save after every wave, and you could start from that wave the next time. Saving hours or having to replay, DD2 on 3 map runs nope, DOH.

In DD1 you could drop gear to help people gear up, you could trade, you could power level, the gear improvement was obvious.

In DD1 there was a very small chance of something awesome dropping if you played the hardest content, in DD2 nothing.

DD2 is more DD 0.5 its gone backwards.

I don't know how Trendy can save the position they have put themselves in.

@Uchihia quote:

@atharix quote:

tbh man i dont think at this point allocating costs to major marketing mediums would be any benefit to them in the long run, anyone picking up the game and spending 1;30mins on onslaught map 3/3 then failing to only restart  will just as easily delete and move on since the game is free to play, its just onslaught nearly with every update they have lacked charisma where is the awesome variety of loot 

Really agree with that. For the first time, I'm getting really pissed with the gamemode....it's not getting fun as I thought so. I literally dread doing onslaught more than mastery knowing that I'll take heavy losses.

I'm nearly to the point of begging for Chaos and Incursion enemies to be removed and having a map save system.

I've said it a bunch of times and I'll say it again and again : put the Chaos and incursion enemies SIX FEET UNDER from onslaught, they DON'T belong there. We need NIGHTMARE with more mutators, even the portals from campaign would be nice.

As you can see, what made trials challenging is the unique hard counters, what made incursion challenging is their own unique enemies and mini-game-esque system too. Pinnacle of restrictions is what made mastery a challenge. 

Onslaught? It should be heavy dose of mutators. It should be something that people could experiment with towers. Something that people could take a break from restrictions. Something that's challenging and yet fun. (oh boy, I'm walking the path of jojozityjo...)

And yes, we need a WHOLE LOT MORE of loot than just defender packs. even those are quite rare if RNG is in the dark side. 

EDIT : Every that's crossed out is what I said wrong. I truly apologize.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Uchihia quote:

I've said it a bunch of times and I'll say it again and again : put the Chaos and incursion enemies SIX FEET UNDER from onslaught, they DON'T belong there. We need NIGHTMARE with more mutators, even the portals from campaign would be nice.

don't u know nightmare is gone...chaos took over? (lol)

alright, jokes aside, onslaught is the endgame mode, it's suppose to have all the the enemies in there because it's onslaught, how it was in dd1 and probably stay in dd2 too... maybe they cud tone it down but personally once I start playing, won't make a difference. I get it it's a boring grind tho

Also, my friend mentioned Elandian mentioned somewhere on the forums of a freeplay-esqe mode soon (tbh the game should feel freeplay-esqe mode ish like because just playing around being op is what made dd1 fun especially the event maps were harillous for that purpose)

@Skyaliciouse quote:

@Uchihia quote:

alright, jokes aside, onslaught is the endgame mode, it's suppose to have all the the enemies in there because it's onslaught, how it was in dd1 and probably stay in dd2 too... maybe they cud tone it down but personally once I start playing, won't make a difference. I get it it's a boring grind tho

Yeah....but it's to the point where it's kinda not fun anymore....I just can't take the dread of losing again and again and again with the dysfunctional floor restart system. I would prefer portals opening everywhere and changing the build placement drastically as we could experiment with different towers too. (unless that could be another gamemode? Because another side of me will be much forgiving if I could restart map instead of having time wasted.)

If there's supposed to be all the enemies, I'm curious as why the Forest Poachers, Spooky heroes, Demon Eyes, Explodinators, Trikk, Treet, Dark Prophet or Maldonis the Dark ain't in there.

And finally, it's not boring, it's downright frustrating (with the dysfunctional floor restart system, of course)

@Skyaliciouse quote:

@Uchihia quote:

Yeah....but it's to the point where it's kinda not fun anymore....I just can't take the dread of losing again and again and again with the dysfunctional floor restart system. I would prefer portals opening everywhere and changing the build placement drastically as we could experiment with different towers too. (unless that could be another gamemode? Because another side of me will be much forgiving if I could restart map instead of having time wasted.)

If there's supposed to be all the enemies, I'm curious as why the Forest Poachers, Spooky heroes, Demon Eyes, Explodinators, Trikk, Treet, Dark Prophet or Maldonis the Dark ain't in there.

And finally, it's not boring, it's downright frustrating (with the dysfunctional floor restart system)

So would you be willing to pay defender medals for a retry option? Because that's something TE will likely do, put a DM cost for it (I personally wouldn't like it to have a DM cost but knowing TE for as long as I have....they probably will just to add another layer of grind)

as for the rest of monsters/bosses not being there... onslaught just got reactivated, so I doubt it's the finished deal... they will probably add more to it as time goes on. Don't forget about the 750ipwr loot concept, maybe it'll return in another shape or form (possibly a 4th shard slot but that's my guess), Bosses are obviouslly out of the game atm...so maybe they'll make an appearance in incursions or onslaught or trials. Who knows?

@Skyaliciouse quote:

@Skyaliciouse quote:

@Uchihia quote:

And finally, it's not boring, it's downright frustrating (with the dysfunctional floor restart system)

So would you be willing to pay defender medals for a retry option? Because that's something TE will likely do, put a DM cost for it (I personally wouldn't like it to have a DM cost but knowing TE for as long as I have....they probably will just to add another layer of grind)

Yeah, I would (but obviously NOT if the price is like rerolling a defender pack because that's insane). BUT I think it would be even better to have a map save system or just free retries as a bunch of defenders did want that and suggested it.

@Skyaliciouse quote:

@Skyaliciouse quote:

@Uchihia quote:

as for the rest of monsters/bosses not being there... onslaught just got reactivated, so I doubt it's the finished deal... they will probably add more to it as time goes on. Don't forget about the 750ipwr loot concept, maybe it'll return in another shape or form (possibly a 4th shard slot but that's my guess), Bosses are obviouslly out of the game atm...so maybe they'll make an appearance in incursions or onslaught or trials. Who knows?

Yeah, I guess we'll see what the future brings.

I see a lot of the same complaining over and over. This thread by Elandrian: https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/150619/friday-pota-checkin-with-elandrian

Addresses some of those (not all) of the same complaints.

P.s. Sorry for not hyperlinking. My phone isn't letting me do that right now. 

TCPOP (Take Care Peace out Peeps)

@Skyaliciouse quote:

@Skyaliciouse quote:

@Uchihia quote:

Yeah, I would (but obviously NOT if the price is like rerolling a defender pack because that's insane). BUT I think it would be even better to have a map save system or just free retries as a bunch of defender did want that and suggested it.

Ya... too many things to spend defender medals on .......... hence another layer of grind (the painful kind)

@Skyaliciouse quote:

@Skyaliciouse quote:

@Skyaliciouse quote:

@Uchihia quote:

Yeah, I would (but obviously NOT if the price is like rerolling a defender pack because that's insane). BUT I think it would be even better to have a map save system or just free retries as a bunch of defender did want that and suggested it.

Ya... too many things to spend defender medals on ..........

Indeed. Even rerolling defender packs for something good takes quite a huge amount, DMs for retries will take a bigger toll on casual players as I think they need those medals for new heroes or slots or purchasable pet or even just upgrading gear or rerolling ascension points.

Edit : and yes, grinding for medals in Trials sure is boring.