Sign in to follow this  
Dreizehn

Question about afk timer and hero balancing

I have taken a long break from DD2 and I'm currently thinking about trying it again.

Can you please answer some of my questions regarding the current state of the game?

• Is the afk timer still there? If yes, what's the duration until I get kicked from the server?
  • I remember that Lavamancer was told to be pretty unbalanced as well as EV's weapon manufacturer? How are they now?

• Not sure about AFK timer.
  • Lavamancer is "mostly" trash but not entirely. He's an outdated hero from pre-trials and he just doesn't work with how the entire game is designed to play right now. I could elaborate but I'd end up bashing Trendy with a riduculously huge post that derails from its original context. Long story short. He's the worst for using as a Hero to fight and only his Oil Geyser serves any unique+useful purpose.
  • In my general knowledge, Ev2's Weapon manufacture is basically Auras that can be stacked more compact together to create a better kill zone. They're also strong like Tier 2-3 Flame Auras but can't be upgraded so unless you have like thousands of green mana to upgrade your flame aura's, just roll with Ev2's WM for the first few phases and switch.

@Random Asian quote:
  • Lavamancer is "mostly" trash but not entirely. He's an outdated hero from pre-trials and he just doesn't work with how the entire game is designed to play right now. I could elaborate but I'd end up bashing Trendy with a riduculously huge post that derails from its original context. Long story short. He's the worst for using as a Hero to fight and only his Oil Geyser serves any unique+useful purpose.

I dunno about that, someone told me that the Lavamancer abilities is almost nerf worthy.... I dunno how, but I will try that one day.

(that someone's God Tencellh aka Lily, one of the top ten in prove your mastery.)

Thanks for your answers.

I have just played a few maps and... is my memory wrong or is it new that blue mana is not auto regenerating?

It's been around for a while but, yeah, somewhat new. Get the Channel shard that regenerates blue mana from Chaos 3.

Actually, blue mana used to drop from enemies.

Thanks for clarifying.

...I totally forgot to ask: has the monk's skyguard tower gotten some love? When I checked the last time (more than half a year ago) I think it was rather bad against air units.

@Dreizehn quote:

Thanks for clarifying.

...I totally forgot to ask: has the monk's skyguard tower gotten some love? When I checked the last time (more than half a year ago) I think it was rather bad against air units.

Top tier anti Air defense and almost feels mandatory to need one for any Air lane you can't bother to watch. Very few alternatives that work as effectively for all air lanes really.

Awesome, thank.

...I'm glad the Skyguard is where it should be. It's one of my favorite towers from the beginning. ^^

I thought the timer was 10 min, but it could be 15. I Never actually timed it.

Not sure how anyone can say LM is mostly trash. 

~His Volcanoe is really strong and is really useful as a wall in Mastery. 

~His Oil Geysers slow enemies better than EV2 PB. Also stuns with shard. They also hit and slow flyers.

His Fissure are as strong as flame Auras, but I admit, I would use Flame aura over Fissures since Fissures cannot hit flyers.

His Maw of the Earth Drake, altho 60 DU, has the 2nd best wall HP in game (Abyss Lord Orc wall has the highest) AND is petrifies enemies. Petrified enemies are attacked by other enemies and receive more dmg while petrified AND explode when they die, doing a small AOE (with shard)

Lavamancer can 1 Hit KO rollers with his Molten Core.

Surrounded by enemies and can't jump free? Submerge to escape and heal! Also this heal Ability makes him the fastest hero in game (99% sure on this. Still need to race vs mystic).

His eruption does HUGE dmg AND increases defense Power AND defense speed of nearby defenses.

His harden/inflame modes make him a great hero for full Retribution! His tankiness rivals that of Squire! He is the only hero in the game that can have up to 3 Fire shields at once (But, only in forest Biome. Otherwise, he gets up to 2 Fire Shields at once).

LM is a very strong and good hero to use!!

EV2:

I agree with what is said above. Also will note that her Proton Beams freeze enemies, making Berserkers easier to deal with.

Don't use her Buff beam. You will be sad when you look at the performance (don't expect great boost #'s from boost aura either)

Her Reflect Wall saves your walls from all ranged enemies. They also hit like a truck with their torpedoes at the bottom.

Juicebags has a Ch7 roller AFK method posted on his YouTube channel using EV2 PB, Reflect Walls/Flame Aura/LSA.

SkyGuard is probably gonna be your go to for air as it slows flyers as well. Adepts AA is pretty good, too. Only covers 1/2 as much, but it freezes flyers! And we all know that a frozen flyer is a dead flyer. But, most prefer

~His Oil Geysers slow enemies better than EV2 PB. Also stuns with shard. They also hit and slow flyers.

His Fissure are as strong as flame Auras, but I admit, I would use Flame aura over Fissures since Fissures cannot hit flyers.

His Maw of the Earth Drake, altho 60 DU, has the 2nd best wall HP in game (Abyss Lord Orc wall has the highest) AND is petrifies enemies. Petrified enemies are attacked by other enemies and receive more dmg while petrified AND explode when they die, doing a small AOE (with shard)

Surrounded by enemies and can't jump free? Submerge to escape and heal! Also this heal Ability makes him the fastest hero in game (99% sure on this. Still need to race vs mystic).

His eruption does HUGE dmg AND increases defense Power AND defense speed of nearby defenses.

His harden/inflame modes make him a great hero for full Retribution! His tankiness rivals that of Squire! He is the only hero in the game that can have up to 3 Fire shields at once (But, only in forest Biome. Otherwise, he gets up to 2 Fire Shields at once).

EV2:

I agree with what is said above. Also will note that her Proton Beams freeze enemies, making Berserkers easier to deal with.

Don't use her Buff beam. You will be sad when you look at the performance (don't expect great boost #'s from boost aura either)

Her Reflect Wall saves your walls from all ranged enemies. They also hit like a truck with their torpedoes at the bottom.

Juicebags has a Ch7 roller AFK method posted on his YouTube channel using EV2 PB, Reflect Walls/Flame Aura/LSA.

since it covers 360 degrees.

@Big_D_N_Lil_J quote:

Well...you're not entirely wrong but you're glossing over him in defense and forgot to include the reasons why no one really plays him. He's very annoying to manage to make him viable compared to other characters already available. There are better options for what he can provide which is exactly why his only noteworthy additions is Oil Geyser in my honest and sincerest opinion. 

* Volcano isn't strong and I'm certain you're overrating this tower. I won't deny its usefullness in Mastery due to how Mastery is designed such as limited tower types. Outside of Mastery mode however...there are better options. I could write a comment as huge as yours just merely discussing how poorly designed Volcano is right now. Long Story Short, its dps looks great but in reality its dmg is too spread out against large groups of enemies that aren't clumped together like infront of your walls and TOO low dmg output for single targets compared to an upgraded Cannonball or single-damage type towers. Its main selling point is the huge range so it can still be usefull if there are no enemies in its lane. It's T1 upgrade to its T5 upgrade is very small DPS increase and the Hp is a somewhat decent increase but still not worth the Green Mana so just use a basic 30 DU wall and another Dps Defense...

* Maw of the Earthdrake 2nd best HP wall but you can live with just Squire Blockades at half the price or better yet use Mystic's Sand Viper's which provide a better and more reliable CC effect. Petrification takes too long without a Lavamancer eruption boosting it. Its not personal preferences. Its fact from experiences. Also you mentioned that they take more dmg and explode when they die but those two effects requires a Shard and those Shards are a waste of slots.

* REMEMBER THIS for the next few points below. Lavamancer's Unique Mana Source is not worth the effort to make him sustainable. This is what ruins him for the rest of the playbase. You'd need to go the extra mile to give him a huge mana pool and manage it very well. Even if you go that extra mile he still doesn't overshadow any other hero in any aspect. He needs Fissures to regenerate his mana. You can make space for Fissures by replacing Flame Aura's with Fissures but honestly would you use Flame Aura's in maps with Cyborks? No. So would you really use Fissures for those maps? I mean you would only if you had DU to spare(or know those few good placements spots) but yea you're already limiting yourself right there JUST to play one Hero. Oh yea almost forgot that unless you're the host/builder then you won't always have DU available to use Fissures if someone else already built the map. The only way to go around this is to just go another extra mile and equip a full Hero Deck of fully geared Lavamancer's.

* Molten Core one-shotting Rollers. Didn't know that lol. Doing online research and only see Juicebags talk about it. This does indeed work and can be used effectively but I can already see the issues with this. Its simply not sustainable for more than one-two boss encounters in the same wave and its a one-trick pony tactic for killing bosses and judging by the video you NEED Dragolich to ensure it one-shots bosses. Anyways, Molten Core's bouncing effect isn't easy to control either to the point its just complete random and most of the time won't rebound into an enemy. 

* Eruption does deal huge AoE Damage but so does Apprentice's Manabomb or Squire's Earthquake or Abyss Lord's Ghost+Stone combo or Dryad simply dropping Corrupt Stars. Eruption looks great and sounds great up until you compare it to other heroes. The buffs it provides to Defenses aren't significant enough to warrant constant use so unless you're camping next to a compact group of towers to AFK or stacking buffs to get the highest DMG output to screencap, don't bother with it. Mana issues is the reason you don't see people spamming this too.

* Mostly use Fissures if you're playing Lavamancer and if not playing Lavamancer then almost always just use Flame Aura instead. Flame Aura's can hit enemies in the air which is the biggest reason no one uses Fissures. This is especially true once you reach Chaos 7 with those pesky Kobolts. The only noteworthy aspects is you can ignore the Defense HP stats because Fissues doesn't have any HP so thats a positive point but easily disregarded with Legendary loot near endgame. It does however make Fissures a Niche use in Mastery.

* Harden/Inflame is simply not worth the trouble to use. Inflame boosts damage output and the Harden boosts your armor. You also failed to mention that you can't decide to always use the Harden or Inflame because the ability swaps from either Harden to Inflame to Harden to Inflame and repeats. If you're trying to go for a focused Melee DPS build or a focused Tank Build then you're out of luck. You can live with it but not worth the hassle when other characters can do it better. Oh yea this also pointlessly drains your Mana if you only want to use one of the Buffs. I mean its a small trivial mana cost but does prove annoying at times if you have low mana.

* You want a Melee Focused Hero? Squire does everything better. He's innately tankier with his Shield and higher Armor without have to rely on an annoying ability. Squire can force Taunt enemies away and the Taunt also acts as a Dmg Buff for Squire so its basically more reliable than Inflame already. Squire can also hit enemies in the Air with the Betsy Shard. Lavamancer can't hit air relaible or at all depending on the situations, has to use a very annoying method to sustain his mana to use his abilities and constantly switch back and forth between tanky and dealing damage.

I didn't go into full detail but it should be enough. I've missed a few points somewhere but just mention something regarding Lavamancer and I should have a counter arguement to anything you got. I'm not crapping over Lavamancer maliciously but its just that he really is an Outdated hero and people need to be aware of that especially Trendy.

@Randon_Asian sumed up pretty much everything I would have to say about lavamancer.  Yes molten can destroy seiges, u stack them up and go boom boom and things happen but it takes so much effort you might aswell build a hero damage hero and hold left click lol. There is a niche trick to make it stay to the target to guarantee few second kill instead of 1 shot without draco but eh the effort is zzz (don't ask me how, just git gud lol jkjk), unless it was the only thing in the game that allowed a nice seige kill, would not recommend it. Or you just enjoy the theme of lavamancer. To be fair, people would complain about free fissures that's why they cost 30DU but I see there's been no change to make up for his mana issues so rip. I've seen good ideas for that but it's probably not TE priority to balance him in that area.

I can manage playing him but all the above reasons are fairly clear. the Dpower boost with shard make towers decent but as mentioned unless u were afking it's not worth it outside of masteries. I can imagine its usefullness in small maps like the town where u can boost defenses of all lanes but beyond that you're better off playing other heroes

sumed up pretty much everything I would have to say about lavamancer.  Yes molten can destroy seiges, u stack them up and go boom boom and things happen but it takes so much effort you might aswell build a hero damage hero and hold left click lol. There is a niche trick to make it stay to the target to guarantee few second kill instead of 1 shot without draco but eh the effort is zzz (don't ask me how, just git gud lol jkjk), unless it was the only thing in the game that allowed a nice seige kill, would not recommend it. Or you just enjoy the theme of lavamancer. To be fair, people would complain about free fissures that's why they cost 30DU but I see there's been no change to make up for his mana issues so rip. I've seen good ideas for that but it's probably not TE priority to balance him in that area.

I can manage playing him but all the above reasons are fairly clear. the Dpower boost with shard make towers decent but as mentioned unless u were afking it's not worth it outside of masteries. I can imagine its usefullness in small maps like the town where u can boost defenses of all lanes but beyond that you're better off playing other heroes

looooool I did it, I linked the profile with a link in it hahaha geeegeeeeeeeee

What's the afk timer-message like? Maybe 'session timed out'? I have been kicked out of a hub several times whenever I was browsing my inventory for a longer period of time. I was active but my hero did not move.

@Dreizehn quote:

What's the afk timer-message like? Maybe 'session timed out'? I have been kicked out of a hub several times whenever I was browsing my inventory for a longer period of time. I was active but my hero did not move.

If I'm not mistaken, I think it's "You've been remaining inactive for too long" Or something like that. Could be longer.

@Dreizehn quote:

What Palo said. The session timed out thing is something to do with Playverse having issues.

[[5873,users]] Asian:

Man! You two must really hate LavaMancer! Lol I dunno, maybe you don’t. TLDR at the bottom...

Anyway, nothing you said makes LavaMancer a bad hero. It sounds like it just comes down to preference. At the end of the day, it all comes down to getting to that victory screen. I wasn’t trying to say LM was better than any other hero, I was attempting to put out that he is just as good as any other hero. All heroes are in a really good state right now, in my opinion. In regards to tankiness, LavaMancer is very comparable in his tankiness without shards. But, adding the shards make him even tanker, just like more shards do with Squire. Also, his harden/inflame mode also provokes enemies, just like Squire’s ability.

You mentioned that Squire can hit flyers with Betsy Sword. This is true, LavaMancer has that Bone glove that lets him shoot flyers, too. However, I’m not sure how it fairs vs Squire since I have not used it.

Anyway, again, I was just pointing out that LavaMancer is not a bed hero. I wasn’t even trying to say he is better than any other hero. Just straight up saying that he is just as viable/useful as any other hero. 

Personally, I try not to use auras when Cyborks are around. It’s doable, but not my cup of tea. :-) That said, any maps without Cyborks (not counting Onslaught as I am only just finishing Floor 15) can be beat with using only LavaMancer defenses. And at the end of the day, that’s what we all aim for (in addition to having fun).

I do miss the days where his fissures were 0 DU, Tho. I still kind of prefer that as, like you said, it’s hard to sustain his Mana unless you have 2-3 fissures in each lane. But, this doesn’t make him bad hero. It’s just a matter of preference. 

TLDR - Go back to my prior post and my point is that Lavancer is a very strong and good hero to use. I Wasn’t trying to say he is better. I am just saying that he is just as good and useful and viable as any other hero in the game. You can win with all LavaMancer defenses and that’s what we aim for (in addition to having fun). LavaMancer isn’t for everyone, just like Dryad isn’t for everyone. Not everyone likes melee, not everyone like ranged (I think?). We all have different tastes in heroes and that’s good. :-)

Anyway, TCPOP (Take Care Peace Out Peeps)

@Big_D_N_Lil_J quote:

@Dreizehn quote:

What Palo said. The session timed out thing is something to do with Playverse having issues.

Random Asian:

Man! You two must really hate LavaMancer! Lol I dunno, maybe you don’t. TLDR at the bottom...

Anyway, nothing you said makes LavaMancer a bad hero. It sounds like it just comes down to preference. At the end of the day, it all comes down to getting to that victory screen. I wasn’t trying to say LM was better than any other hero, I was attempting to put out that he is just as good as any other hero. All heroes are in a really good state right now, in my opinion. In regards to tankiness, LavaMancer is very comparable in his tankiness without shards. But, adding the shards make him even tanker, just like more shards do with Squire. Also, his harden/inflame mode also provokes enemies, just like Squire’s ability.

You mentioned that Squire can hit flyers with Betsy Sword. This is true, LavaMancer has that Bone glove that lets him shoot flyers, too. However, I’m not sure how it fairs vs Squire since I have not used it.

Anyway, again, I was just pointing out that LavaMancer is not a bed hero. I wasn’t even trying to say he is better than any other hero. Just straight up saying that he is just as viable/useful as any other hero. 

Personally, I try not to use auras when Cyborks are around. It’s doable, but not my cup of tea. :-) That said, any maps without Cyborks (not counting Onslaught as I am only just finishing Floor 15) can be beat with using only LavaMancer defenses. And at the end of the day, that’s what we all aim for (in addition to having fun).

I do miss the days where his fissures were 0 DU, Tho. I still kind of prefer that as, like you said, it’s hard to sustain his Mana unless you have 2-3 fissures in each lane. But, this doesn’t make him bad hero. It’s just a matter of preference. 

TLDR - Go back to my prior post and my point is that Lavancer is a very strong and good hero to use. I Wasn’t trying to say he is better. I am just saying that he is just as good and useful and viable as any other hero in the game. You can win with all LavaMancer defenses and that’s what we aim for (in addition to having fun). LavaMancer isn’t for everyone, just like Dryad isn’t for everyone. Not everyone likes melee, not everyone like ranged (I think?). We all have different tastes in heroes and that’s good. :-)

Anyway, TCPOP (Take Care Peace Out Peeps)

You are my man about that! That one good point on 360 angles! There's no point in condemning any heroes when there's is preference involved!

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Dreizehn quote:

If I'm not mistaken, I think it's "You've been remaining inactive for too long" Or something like that. Could be longer.

I saw that message again, it's "You are disconnected for being inactive for too long"

I see, thanks. 

@Dreizehn quote:

I saw that message again, it's "You are disconnected for being inactive for too long"

@Dreizehn quote:

I see, thanks. 

@Dreizehn quote:

-

Image result for evil laugh

-

jk, I dc after every game (in campaign, trying to do dailies) (=