Sign in to follow this  
Plane

If you can't toggle item beams . . .

If you can't toggle item beams, you probably installed an old emulator with an old UDKInput.ini that was missing the new key bindings:

Bindings=(Name="B",Command="toggleItemBeams")
Bindings=(Name="O",Command="ToggleHideMiniMapBillboards")
Bindings=(Name="P",Command="ToggleHideMiniMapTowers")

If you're missing these lines, you won't be able to show/hide item beams, or show/hide the billboards and towers on the map.  These are all new features, and your old UDKInput.ini may be from a version of the game that was missing these key bindings.

To fix this, you can edit your UDKInput.ini with a program like notepad and put these lines in the [Engine.PlayerInput] section at the top.  If your game is installed on the default drive and directory, you can find the ini files here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Dungeon Defenders\UDKGame\Config\

You'll have to restart Dungeon Defenders when you're done.

Well, you just happened to hit on my emulator turn left/right keys. That's ok, I moved them to K and L. But now I had to move Killme to somewhere safe.

BTW, I can find no documentation for the emulator. Is there a way to specifiy ctrl, shift and alt modifiers in x360kb.ini?

I don't think there is.  By the way, I have turn character on - and = at the moment (I use the scroll wheel to resize things instead of pressing - and =).  I wonder if I should add that to the emu config I uploaded.

Using - and = would entail making changes to UDKInput as well which is why I picked unused keys for turning.

It would be nice to add turn to the emu config, but I would avoid changing - and = since most people probably use the defaults and use the wheel for zooming, like I do.

Oh, I just use the default bindings for - = and scroll wheel.  Adding - = bindings on the emu doesn't affect those. 

Alt+scrollwheel to resize or cycle through towers is a default, by the way.  It's faster than using - and = so I usually use it instead.