Sign in to follow this  
MaJean

A thread about changes to Onslaught

I dced on the 3rd wave of the 3rd map. On my 2nd try, I got to the 3rd map again and a windows update forced restart my computer. These are just a few out of many instances where me and many others have encountered, which makes us lose all progress and effort put into a floor. This leaves a disappointing experience with the game.

Map save or 1 map per floor (but reset to 1st map if all rerolls failed) is more in line with the dev's intentions, as witnessed by the reroll cap of 3. As opposed to a simple 1 map per floor, a player could select only the easiest map of every stage up to the highest level they wish to play. Effectively only cycling through 3 maps in onslaught.

I personally do not play Onslaught anymore. I am only on floor 57 at the moment, but after reading everything from a while back to now, I have decided to wait it out in hopes of a save function. Oh well.

Ok now...this might get off-topic, and I'm pretty sure it's totally none of my business. But I'm putting this here 'cause this is the most recent thread that this user "replied" on.

I'm curious by this Fennimoe "phantom posting".....I've notice this for a while now, everytime I see this user comment on threads I track or other threads (I do normally browse other threads) and when I check it out, I see no post made by that user. It's just plain weird.

Just wanna know why this happens.

I also noticed that as well. I am assuming it's because I may have posted a bit off-topic, or the post itself was not within the guidelines of this forum. Whatever the case may be, I am not trying to mess up any posts or derail any threads. I just like to talk. ;)

I´m a little surprised myself to see my thread is still relevant. For almost 3 months this has been an issue (forgot the exact date the Onslaught update landed). 

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

Ok now...this might get off-topic, and I'm pretty sure it's totally none of my business. But I'm putting this here 'cause this is the most recent thread that this user "replied" on.

I'm curious by this Fennimoe "phantom posting".....I've notice this for a while now, everytime I see this user comment on threads I track or other threads (I do normally browse other threads) and when I check it out, I see no post made by that user. It's just plain weird.

I noticed this too. Though maybe they are just deleting their posts after they make them... 

@LD 12- Elfesse quote:

Was playing Onslaught with my boyfriend today, we made it to the 3rd floor of challenge 6... after 7 hours of play (yes we failed a couple times and retry, we finally get at challenge 4/5 on floor 3 with high hopes to finish this onslaught... then we get session expired message and we get disconnected.   Was so pissed off, what a waste of a day, and now we have to start all the floors again because there is no save between floors in each level.  So much for playing the game casually every day. It will become a weekend thing...if that!  Poor design, this NEEDS to be changed.  No warnings that the game has to be done within a certain time, no timer to let you know how long you have left.  Anyhow, the floors should be saved...

Absolutely. My husband and I have stopped paying altogether, even with the goodies in the new patch, because what good are new characters in a game that is literally unplayable? 

@Jaws_420 quote:

I noticed this too. Though maybe they are just deleting their posts after they make them... 

Well, he or she (sorry, not gonna try to assume the gender :p) PM-ed me and told me the reason. I find it odd though on why even replies like this (below) got removed.

Hey there... I figured I would copy my actual post and show you in PM, in case my reply is removed before you can see it...

"I also noticed that as well. I am assuming it's because I may have posted a bit off-topic, or the post itself was not within the guidelines of this forum. Whatever the case may be, I am not trying to mess up any posts or derail any threads. I just like to talk. ;)"

@Jaws_420 quote:

Well, he or she (sorry, not gonna try to assume the gender :p) PM-ed me and told me the reason. I find it odd though on why even replies like this (below) got removed.

Hey there... I figured I would copy my actual post and show you in PM, in case my reply is removed before you can see it...

"I also noticed that as well. I am assuming it's because I may have posted a bit off-topic, or the post itself was not within the guidelines of this forum. Whatever the case may be, I am not trying to mess up any posts or derail any threads. I just like to talk. ;)"

Shhh..... you are making too much of a ruckus, "They" will see you, and go into Terminator mode on you as well.Emoji_Ogre.png

Since mid January i didn't play because there was no save option, now i have 2 weeks off from work, and i will try climbing Onslaught again ... this time replay on Ancient Temple is VERY nice.

But after my 2 weeks are gone i will have to quit game again or start reseting ... but i want floor 120 before i reset. After the reset i can do it casualy again like it used to be.

Trendy thanks for reroll and replay buttons core_forum_Icon.png

@emilian quote:

Since mid January i didn't play because there was no save option, now i have 2 weeks off from work, and i will try climbing Onslaught again ... this time replay on Ancient Temple is VERY nice.

But after my 2 weeks are gone i will have to quit game again or start reseting ... but i want floor 120 before i reset. After the reset i can do it casualy again like it used to be.

Trendy thanks for reroll and replay buttons core_forum_Icon.png

Good luck. enjoy cracking out. Sounds fun 

@MaJean quote:

I´m currently floor 102. I´ve spent at least an hour on this floor, and in wave 5/5 (not even kidding) on The Lost Temple map, Playverse decides to expire on me. 

Needless to say, this did not make for a great gaming experience. It actually made me quite mad, that I just spent a good part of my evening on this - just to have the game fail on me. My time and effort was wasted. It would have been fine if it was my own mistake, but it was not. Adding salt to the wound, is that I have to redo the whole floor, not just the last map. 

Trendy, for a game this buggy, we need to have our progress saved, after each completed map. Or, at the very least, have a retry function.

M.

personally i would like to see at least 1 retry option  on the wave you have lost on each map if  you loose, the game was way to punishing, most-times you loose because of the smallest mistakes and get punished with an Extra 40mins added on, they need to make the game fun and enjoyable not a mundane punishing uphill battle.    

I am fully for a save option. Simply because time is precious. Can´t alway play long enough to do a 3 map level. 

I can already see where i stop to play this game. At the point where the 3 map levels just take too long to finish.

@pApA^LeGBa quote:

I am fully for a save option. Simply because time is precious. Can´t alway play long enough to do a 3 map level. 

I can already see where i stop to play this game. At the point where the 3 map levels just take too long to finish.

Not to mention if you get a wipe on one of these maps.

I need the save option.  There's no way I'll have the unrestricted time to complete 3 maps in a row for most of the week.

I don't need anything fancy, just the ability to restart at 62.2 for example.  If it's too hard to keep track of lane schedules and other stuff then just reroll the map.  I'll take my chances.

Got CONNECTION LOST during reroll of the Lost Temple a short time ago.  I did not have any disconnection events during actual playing so the recent server changes may not have fixed all problems. The lack of a save option is a hard counter to the games addictive nature,

It´s frustating af. First a connecton loss while my internet was okay  right at round 1 start in the Lost Temple (TS working fine all time) and then 2 enemies somehow making it past my defense, wich was not damaged (well not much) and the lane was weaker than the wave before and i even upgraded there. Lane didn´t need any attention the wave before that happened. ofc also at Lost Temple.

Nice fun. We need save pls.

I just got the same type of disconnection gotten before the server changes (event servers etc but I don't really understand it).  I was on the squire and was all of sudden unable to switch to other heroes. Having had this happen before I new it was coming  and then sure enough the "CONNECTION LOST" dialog arrived. Losing hope I'll ever get my bright and shinys for this floor. I'm at 92 by the way.

I had the Lost Temple map down to a science after a wave 5 loss to an arrogant ogre assisted by a then dead Yeti in a Team Ogre lane (name?) with only 25 mobs left. I didn't think to even look that the last one got through my tier 4 string of 5 protons and 3 flame auras but of course I did not look at the labels showing the additional Yeti. Next retry I also carefully placed a sky guard and hail tower and Obelisk and snake thingy to protect my cannons attacking a phased spellbreaker lane. Oh it was perfect - almost AFK - except that I was dpsing on one lane with the beast barb. But it was not to be - another disconnect. I did get a sign of a disconnect since I have Steam running on another computer. It gave a message a little later that the connection with Steam on my main computer was reestablished. I suppose Steam is somehow the culprit? My internet, costly high speed service from comcast with downloads approaching 100 Mbps or something, seemed fine and Alexa did not do the yellow light thingy.

ps4 disconnecting error on floor 68 lost temple wave 3 of 3 on second reset.

120min lost, so frustrating for casual players, or players like me only have the time for that twice a week.

Why is it so complicated to handle this issue? So many suggestions for that, but we get a great april joke...

Emoji_TNT.png

@Lawlta quote:

We've got a replay system we're working on (with maybe a little bit more), just takes time to implement, test, and then push. Never fear, if everything goes as planned, it is on its way! :)

A replay function is nice and all, but it doesn't fix the problem many of us have... 3 maps on 1 floor takes too long without saving. All a ready does is make you have to play 4 (or more) maps instead of the three, exacerbating the problem. Not everyone can spend 1 1/2 - 2 hours on a floor. I'm lucky if I get 30 minutes to play a day. That means I'm SOL when it comes to playing Onslaught. Since I'm already max geared, there's not much other reason for me to play. 

Also when you do higher floor it's not uncommon to fail and you need to replay or reroll maps and that takes even longer sometimes then 2hours. So a save map feature is way overdue. And is one of the reason I don't play at all anymore. (other reason is AP reset system)

Gotta retype this since I was not logged in. ***. The new issue (added?) is disconnection while the program transitions from one map to the other. Today again I could not connect to Lost Temple. I think Trendy has secret agents for the Legion involved in their server dept.