Sign in to follow this  
[CG] LAWLTA

Power of the Ancients Hotfix 2.0.2

Greetings Defenders,

Power of the Ancients has been out for a week now, with Hotfix 2.0.2 now live! We received a lot of great feedback regarding Onslaught, and this is our first shipment of changes based on that feedback. Keep it coming! While we work on getting new content out, we want to make sure things in the live game are as great as they can be.

This hotfix is to quickly address a handful of bugs and adjustments before the holidays. This is only the beginning of the improvements that are going to be made, so take a look at what we’ve included so far.

IMPROVEMENTS:

• Increased the size of billboards on consoles to make them more readable.

• Onslaught - Removed several lane mutator combinations based on feedback.

• Onslaught - Removed one schedule: Cyborks/Geodes won’t spawn together in most circumstances. The mini-boss versions of each can still spawn with the normal enemies.

• Clarified the language for players returning players regarding the defender pack acquisition.

BUG FIXES:

• Fixed a multiplayer issue resulting in being sent back to the main menu when playing Onslaught.

• Pet reagents that come out of Defender Packs stack again and can be used to evolve your pets.

• Fixed several issues that were causing Billboards to be duplicated on several maps.

• Added an additional billboard in the Crumbled Bulwark map.

• Fixed a missing billboard in Buried Bastille.

• Fixed an issue with billboard threat colors displaying incorrectly.

• Fixed an issue where Tuskar had the incorrect icon.

• Fixed an issue where after gaining Ancient Power, players were sometimes unable to unlock Trials and Onslaught floors.

• Players were previously unable to unlock later Chaos difficulties via Trials if the requisite challenges aren't finished first.

• Fixed a collision issue in Unholy Catacombs.

• Fixed an issue with Campaign Hard spawning specific Trials Lane Modifiers.

• Fixed an issue with the Town Portal requiring players to complete the campaign.

• Fixed a mode selection issue with the Town Portal causing errors.

• Fixed an issue where players next Onslaught Floor was not showing up in the War Table’s Session Browser.

• Added “Join Game” confirmation window text.

• Fixed an appearance issue with Playverse/System error messages.

• Fixed an issue where one bag tab was off screen.

• Fixed a crash on Xbox One X if you spammed the A button at the starting cinematics.

• Fixed an issue with Onslaught Floor name display when joining via Xbox Live Friends List

We’re still working on a lot of the changes and improvements that were listed in the Friday Check-In With Elandrian, and we’ll continue to pump out bug fixes and improvements after the holidays. Click here for Hotfix 2.0.1 Notes, and click here for the Power of the Ancients Expansion notes.

From all of us at Trendy Entertainment, have a Happy Holidays! We can’t wait to show you what’s coming next!

The Dungeon Defenders II Team

i will be back playing once i see you actually change stuff to do with the loosing last floor and having to restart it all. That is so frustrating.

@Verozz quote:

i will be back playing once i see you actually change stuff to do with the loosing last floor and having to restart it all. That is so frustrating.

Completely get that frustration. We mentioned it on Friday that'd we're looking into changes right now, and that is one of them, seen here:

54f4401007a0658ea905eeb86c087251.png

@Lawlta quote:

@Verozz quote:

Completely get that frustration. We mentioned it on Friday that'd we're looking into changes right now, and that is one of them, seen here:

that sounds alot better, on the right track

@Lawlta quote:

@Verozz quote:

What about reset changes? It's kinda punishing for the little we get, even in the long run cause the gold and time to do that is not worth it alone.

Sucks that can't progress past floor 57 as nobody wants to grind through 3 maps or if we lose nobody has time to restart the floor. very poor design

Thank you so much for addressing so many issues so quickly! Looking forward to trying onslaught again with better lane board visibility and the Mob modifiers and schedules changed up! Yeah!

Did not fix my problem still will not continue after wining 60 3/3 spend 1 1/2 hrs doing this over 4 times and will not let me continue or go to tavern kicks me out of game

I’m also getting stuck on loading screens or the game is crashing (PS4). Winning three maps in a row is impossible, and it has nothing to do with my ability to play. We’ve been stuck on onslaught 12 for a week now - after 4 attempts (all with failed loading screen or crashes) we are about to give up on this game until some major fixes happen 

:( 

@whitebeard quote:

i registered on the site to tell you your game is sick and disgusting , evert time i get to the last floor and win , then the game freezes or got kicked , then what ???

everything must be restored !! we pay a lot of money and you just waste our time and money . a silly game and will not play it agine .

#PS4

This....was looking forward to playing a bit over the holidays but the game is basically unplayable. 

Europe (Lux), playing around 22:00-23:00 most days. 

No other bug fixes matter at this point. 

You should also register to a psychiatrist. As I don't believe the game is your problem. It's more then likely user error with your attitude and disrespect. Also with that grammar of yours I'll gladly call your mom if you like since you look 12. 

@whitebeard quote:

i registered on the site to tell you your game is sick and disgusting , evert time i get to the last floor and win , then the game freezes or got kicked , then what ???

everything must be restored !! we pay a lot of money and you just waste our time and money . a silly game and will not play it agine .

#PS4

@Huata quote:

@Lawlta quote:

@Verozz quote:

What about reset changes? It's kinda punishing for the little we get, even in the long run cause the gold and time to do that is not worth it alone.

I think when you reset it is a little too grindy. That is my personal opinion on this topic.

@Lawlta quote:

@Verozz quote:

Be careful about the execution of the retry maps on onslaught. Ever since onslaught was out it catered to a more hardcore audience, onslaught and mastery changes how players build and punishes the player if the build was bad. Should a retry feature be included there is a chance the most efficient method of moving up floors is to simply retry maps till the spawns are favorable. 

@gunnysarge75 quote:

@Lawlta quote:

@Verozz quote:

Be careful about the execution of the retry maps on onslaught. Ever since onslaught was out it catered to a more hardcore audience, onslaught and mastery changes how players build and punishes the player if the build was bad. Should a retry feature be included there is a chance the most efficient method of moving up floors is to simply retry maps till the spawns are favorable. 

I think the time wasted retrying all three maps all over again is outweigh that.....

Hello, 

This is just my 2 cents on the topic, but i have played so many games with progression builds, especially RPGs. I have see many different takes on that system, as well as ones that have a "start over" portion. Of all the games I have ever seen use this mechanic, one of the ones i feel that got it most correct, and still managed to keep it extremely fun was the Disgaea SRPG series. In that they have "reincarnation" that starts you back at level one, but gives you additional boost stats based on your stats prior to reincarnating. That game lets you store hundreds of thousands of levels, so it is key that the system works well and is fun, otherwise you would get bored an mad so fast. If you want a game to look at to see how a good "start over" system is made that pleases fans, i recommend that TE take a close look at that game series. They key difference in their system was that your weapons did not revert as well. The key was not replaying lower level again, but to quickly level up to get back to where you were before reincarnating, but now with boosted stats you can do more (i.e. more floors to clear in Onslaught). The thought of losing all my weapons back to level 1 through the DD2 system makes my cringe, but i will try it. I just think TE could learn a few things from a game series that got it very right in their games. We want to feel like we are making progress. It keeps us going. Losing it all kind of rips the rug out from under us. I get the whole "try to make old thing new again" approach, but i think there are better ways in the progression system to do that. Keeping my hard earned weapons and gear is one of those ways IMO.