Sign in to follow this  
Cinn

This is unacceptable.

In this expansion, Onslaught was introduced, and with that, an enemy scaling per floor, and many lanes having different types of buffs. Among those buffs, there's one called "Vampiric". This buff allows any enemy spawning in that lane, to leech health from any damage dealt. This buff, in theory, isn't that bad. But, as it is randomly placed on lanes, both short(close to cores), and far(far from cores) lanes, it has the possibility to give enemies the upper hand in attacking it, and regaining health. And, yet again, it theory, this isn't bad, but, in practice, when enemies leech 60% of their health back in a single hit, it's absurd, and nearly unbeatable unless you have gear from a floor nearly 20 floors higher. I, myself have witnessed(On floor 24) trash mobs sneaking by barricades and tossing bombs at a core, while being barraged by several Flamethrower towers, and auras, while seemingly taking absolutely no damage. And even boss mobs leeching back and astounding 4 million health for every hit they land on either a player, or a barricade. This mechanic makes this game mode nearly unplayable, per floor, for someone using the gear gained on said floor. This "vampiric" buff needs to be taken down quite a bit, and frankly, I don't see how this isn't being complained about by anyone else. It's unacceptable.

Hey, I'm on floor 94. Gear stops around 60, so the mobs vastly overpower the gear that I am using.

Vampiric can cause problems, but there are many ways around it. You can build your walls a bit further back. You can use crowd control to prevent them from attacking. You can use EV2's Reflect Beam to stop ranged attacks. You can use slows to make them take longer to reach your walls. If it's a tough lane, you can spend more DU here, and less DU in easy lanes! If you see a boss coming here, you can use a Hero with strong crowd control or high damage (or both!) to stop them from healing or take them out quickly. There's probably tons of combinations I haven't thought of.

Part of the fun (or challenge, depending on your perspective) of Onslaught is building around each lane setup.

I only went to 65 before prestiging, but I agree with The_Jason_Order. 

In addition its really just a step learning curve. Adjusting your playstyle to overbuilding hard lanes, supplementing dps with less towers in easy lanes. Learning which towers counter which lanes.

The good news is there are a lot of different builds that work. For instance The_Jason_Order made a post about tower tiers he has been using and we have basically used completely different builds to successfully defend each lane modifers. For instance I pretty much only use ramsters, PDTs, weapon manufactors, and skyguards whereas from his post he uses ballistas, frost towers.

Reflect walls are pretty much necessary for some lanes so you will need at least the EV to make progress. The rest is up to you.