Sign in to follow this  
MushroomCake28

Is Coming back worth it?

Hi,

I've stopped playing around when the Adept was first introduced. I have a couple questions:

1) Has the game become a lot better? For endgame ofc.

2) What's new in general?

3) Is it worth coming since the player count has become quite low? Should we worry about the game's future?

Do you enjoy the building aspect of the game? The new game mode is Onslaught, which has random maps with random lanes that each require a different setup. If you enjoy the tower building portion of the game, Onslaught is incredibly fun and rewarding. A lot of the systems tied to it need some work, but the actual game mode itself is fantastic and a lot of fun if you enjoy building. Every game feels like a puzzle, and you are rewarded for building creatively. You can also build sloppy and hold down the fort with Hero DPS, or somewhere in between, but it centers heavily around building.

The endgame has improved in a way, since there is infinite progression. You'll never run out of things to do, and there are multiple ways to move forward. It needs some tuning, but for the most part, you can hop in and enjoy at least 100+ hours of gameplay before those issues reveal themselves.

I was also very concerned with the game future, but Trendy has recently started to communicate more and what they are doing to address a lot of the core complaints and issues with the game. I don't always agree with their decisions, and very often it takes them a long time to realize that their vision for what they want the game to be doesn't align with their playerbase, but they do care deeply about the game, and it shows.

I would say if endgame is what your concern was,  then consider the game a nice change of pace. 

Onslaught now has a chance of dropping neat new boxes that contain odd stuff including new cosmetic stuff, a pet, costumes maybe more!  Also, we're on track for what could be great things to come from the looks of it as they're focusing on increasing the longevity of the game if we go off of this most recent update. 

@The Jason Order quote:

Do you enjoy the building aspect of the game? The new game mode is Onslaught, which has random maps with random lanes that each require a different setup. If you enjoy the tower building portion of the game, Onslaught is incredibly fun and rewarding. A lot of the systems tied to it need some work, but the actual game mode itself is fantastic and a lot of fun if you enjoy building. Every game feels like a puzzle, and you are rewarded for building creatively. You can also build sloppy and hold down the fort with Hero DPS, or somewhere in between, but it centers heavily around building.

The endgame has improved in a way, since there is infinite progression. You'll never run out of things to do, and there are multiple ways to move forward. It needs some tuning, but for the most part, you can hop in and enjoy at least 100+ hours of gameplay before those issues reveal themselves.

I was also very concerned with the game future, but Trendy has recently started to communicate more and what they are doing to address a lot of the core complaints and issues with the game. I don't always agree with their decisions, and very often it takes them a long time to realize that their vision for what they want the game to be doesn't align with their playerbase, but they do care deeply about the game, and it shows.

1kxup2.jpg

@SouperPhreak quote:

grundy923, would you be able to elaborate on this topic?  I'm curious as to what your referring to as midgame?

What I am referring to as midgame is the grind that begins after completing the campaign. There is no end game that comes after it. You just do that forever.

The Jason order pretty much nailed it on the head! Onslaught has a great progress system that has loot based off the "floor" you are in, rather than your best hero in deck. 

There are newish powers to access now. 

If you want a real challenge or if you want to bang your head against your desk, then Mastery is a great place to go! For beating enough Mastery content, you get super shards and awesome Flair for your heroes!

Once you log back in, you will receive defender Packs. Open them up for a chance at free:

Hero skins,

towers skins

Flair

Pets

Pet lollipops

Pet reroll items

Etc.

Onslaught gives you more chances to get more Defender packs. :-)

Oh! There is a new map, too! Super big!! Way fun! It even has an elevator and a water wheel to play on!! :-) If you are lucky, you might find little Gobus attacking Mana chests in certain lanes in this new map! :-)

Trendy has also been teasing about the Barbarian coming! With as much as they are teasing him (in word only, no pics or anything), it makes me wonder if he will be the next Hero to come into DD2...

If you choose to come back, enjoy the new content! :-) Plenty to enjoy!!

TCPOP (Take Care Peace Out Peeps)