Sign in to follow this  
bfgeleven

3rd Map Floor 57

Given that the map changes every time, there can't be any build guides presumably.

I'm beating maps 1 and 2 relatively easily (solo). I'm using Viper Fangs for blockades, plus a mix of PDT's and Lightning Towers (using massive range to get max kill area but placed so that Cyborks can't take em out).

1 and 2 go fine, and then literally halfway through the very first wave of map 3 I get battered, everything gets taken down before I can even get there? Why is it so much harder?!

But, more importantly, what are people's recommended defenses? My tactic above isnt working, but because various options are fine for maps 1 and 2, I have to play for like 40 mins before I even test a new build, and if it doesnt work its another bloody 40 mins to try something else.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Some stats to help you judge better:

Viper Fangs - Totem 22,901 - 5.35m starting health (Fortification, Ex Shielding Guard, Power Pylon)

PDT - Mark 22,869 - 159k dps (182k within Power Pylon) - (Def Crit Dmg, Def Rate, Deadly Strikes)

Lightning Aura - Mark 22,861 - 714k dps (Def Crit Dmg, Def Rate, Deadly Strikes)

Skyguard (when needed) - Medallion 22,806 - 1.68m dps (Mass Destruction, Vicious Strikes, Def Rate)

PS.. Orcs Must Die turned out to be pretty low rent compared with DD2 (bet you wont delete that comment eh Trendy), so I thought I might as well at least try to get to Floor 65 before quitting! Driven back through boredom and the lack of anything better unfortunately.

watch out for the enemies that freeze your towers they will kill stuff incredibly fast. Also, take care with lanes that have buffs to resist damage. those lanes will either need you to spend more DU or to dig deep into your specialty (useless) towers

Isn't that the case for the first 2 maps though?

Also, its such a big map when you;re solo you can't get around quick enough, you have to rely on your towers to a greater degree.

For any lane in the third map that doesn't have cyborks (or the frost equivalent), a single chain of proton beams is actually enough!  This should help save you DU.  First wave with them, have them upgraded at least once and build max nodes with a wall at the end. After that you can remove a few nodes (sell and rebuild) if you want to, and get it upgraded at least three times.  Shards are medallion with power transfer, crit damage, and frosty beams.

Made it to third map with randoms and we made a party and easily beat the previous floors. Lost on wave 3 only, because a new lane opened up....... I was even telling the player who was the leader that a "!" and "new enemies" showed up, but he said that didn't mean a new lane showed up.... I always check just in case myself if stuff like that happens.