Sign in to follow this  
Elandrian

Friday PotA Check-In With Elandrian

I may have stockholm syndrome but I don't mind Bastille, it maybe because on DD1 for console that was the main map for effiecent xp as the DLC didn't calculate correct, so you needed to run it 1000s of times to reach level 90.

You'd love to be a dev. Release Mystery - too hard only for diehards. Release Onslaught - Dosen't reward me being a diehard.

That being said there is definately some QoL which would be nice to see personally.

On the new temple map there are multiple pathing issues with rogue enemies randomly going offtrack. The main places I've noticed so far are river, right waterfall under birds and double bridge top left. It's harsh that we lose 100DU if all these lanes open just putting stall blockades for stray pathing.

I'm not a huge fan of the 3 map system as a whole when it goes 1, 2, 3 it isn't too bad, not ideal but I'm assuming it never reduces from 3s after floor 60. (never went super deep) When you review the checkpoint or retry what ever you had in mind it may change but currently it feels overkill.

I assume everytime you reset you need to do the multiple maps to unlock the next choas, it would be nice if this was reduced as you hit gear cap to progress before the tier opens therefore wasting time running lower tiers for no reason when the only thing that matters is getting to C7 ASAP to relevel and regear and I feel it will get old fast bearing in mind you want us to reset like 50 times.

Overall I'm finding it fun so far, I like the way you actually need to play the game and pay attention to what's spawning but this maybe the honeymoon period we'll just have to see.

I absolutely love this post, love the deeper level of transparency it provides, and I have faith you guys will take community feedback to heart as always. It looks like nice changes are on the way for Onslaught mode, ideally with more to come. Some of the foundation of it is solid, as is much of its implementation. The most crucial need is definitely a way to prevent doing multiple stages over for just one loss. I would love if each floor of Onslaught was just one map, but if it's going to stay the way it is: folks need a way to retry the map they failed on. Not 2-3 maps prior. For a loss that, often times, might be based on a glitch anyway (and not player failure.)

My issue with the expansion, however, is Ancient Power. The amount you're asked to sacrifice is FAR too much for how little you get in return. This needs to get shifted, else I will never utilize the system. Nor will most players; even hardcore ones. Even the fastest, most-knowledgeable and most-efficient players will never physically have enough time to meaningfully recoup what they lose from it. Were the XP and gold bonuses substantially higher, that could balance it out and make the trade worthwhile. As for now, however, it's not just a matter of opinion. It's physically not possible for the rewards given by the feature to balance with the time asked from its utilization. This merits a longer post, and when I have time I shall type one up.

@Elandrian quote:
  • A way for Defenders to possibly Retry maps two and three in an Onslaught Floor.

I like alot of what is being done, but as a solo player with limited game time, repeatedly failing floor 57 Lost Temple is getting less and less fun.  (My latest attempt had a rebellious berserker decide to go to a different core than the one it's lane was targetting, via a path that had no open lane so i didn't build defenses on that path... *sigh*.  I think it happened after being mystic wall bubbled in the water area.)

That being said, having a constant "retry map" on every floor (on map 2 and 3) doesn't seem like it would fit the spirit of this onslaught mode, at least at higher floors.  Players could retry until they get easier lanes or mutators.

So I have some ideas:

1) Give us a retry on map 2 and 3 until we get to the point we can use PotA to soft reset.  Floor 66+ would have no retry.

2) Give us a forgiveness "retry", 1-2 retries per floor.  If we fail more than once or twice then we have to restart the floor.

3) Give us a sort of Retry token daily and can spend it when we want to retry a map on a floor.   Let us hold 4-5 max at a time.  

4) Give us X number of retries per day.  Seems simpler coding-wise than #3.

@Clofriendose quote:

I’m not sure onslaught progression is working as intended. I think it’s still using some form of item power level in the formula instead of strictly being based off of the floor.I did get better drops from 10-11, but I also equipped my mule and did a Chaos 4 trial before doing 11. In I’ve done 11 twice (once I didn’t realize I needed to do 2 maps, once the PS4 crashed going into the second map D:). I got better items each time I did 11, equipping my mule as normal. So, onslaught 11 has given me more powerful items the second time I did the level.Also, my husband is playing with me. He does not use a mule. On the same onslaught level he is getting relics dropping only 4,300 for stats. My relics almost all break 5,000. His armor is dropping around 1400, mine is dropping around 1700.While this could “just” be rng, I don’t think it is.

Definitely RNG! I am not using a mule and I started getting 5k relics on floor 9.

@Huata quote:

*Clip*

Good to know you guys are active and checking all of our feedback, I really like the changes that are coming but I don't see some changes to the reset system, like some better numbers: 5% instead of 1% and 2,5% instead of 0,5% Ancient Power point, 25% XP and Gold instead of 5%, some numbers that make people really want to reset cause it's rewarding, something that's not really worth it right now.

Thanks again and I hope you guys don't let your community down, remember that you guys are making a game for everyone, so don't debate your ideas just between yourselves.

I'm gonna have to agree with this. Power of the ancients needs more POWA! Also, please increase the power caps. 5 is too small! :-( May we get more points per reset please, instead of just 1?

Overall, I am loving the new map and the seemless progression through Onslaught! :-)

@Big_D_N_Lil_J quote:

@Clofriendose quote:

I’m not sure onslaught progression is working as intended. I think it’s still using some form of item power level in the formula instead of strictly being based off of the floor.I did get better drops from 10-11, but I also equipped my mule and did a Chaos 4 trial before doing 11. In I’ve done 11 twice (once I didn’t realize I needed to do 2 maps, once the PS4 crashed going into the second map D:). I got better items each time I did 11, equipping my mule as normal. So, onslaught 11 has given me more powerful items the second time I did the level.Also, my husband is playing with me. He does not use a mule. On the same onslaught level he is getting relics dropping only 4,300 for stats. My relics almost all break 5,000. His armor is dropping around 1400, mine is dropping around 1700.While this could “just” be rng, I don’t think it is.

Definitely RNG! I am not using a mule and I started getting 5k relics on floor 9.

I really don't think it's RNG. You must have a character that is well equipped =) 
My husband created a mule yesterday and, doing the same onslaught floor, had everything drop over 4,800 instead of the 4,300 he had been getting all day the time before. 

@Clofriendose quote:

@Big_D_N_Lil_J quote:

@Clofriendose quote:

I really don't think it's RNG. You must have a character that is well equipped =) 
My husband created a mule yesterday and, doing the same onslaught floor, had everything drop over 4,800 instead of the 4,300 he had been getting all day the time before. 

well, it could be that as I do try to keep 1-2 well equipped heroes in my deck at once  currently using Initiate, squire, huntress and monk with all but huntress using the best loot I can find.

These numbers seem a bit high since they stack with other players but I agree at the same time. The numbers are wayyy low since I have come to realize only a few people really care to take the game to the next level. Even maxed out some of these aren't that crazy. Raise gold/exp for sure. Resetting sucks! 

@Huata quote:

Good to know you guys are active and checking all of our feedback, I really like the changes that are coming but I don't see some changes to the reset system, like some better numbers: 5% instead of 1% and 2,5% instead of 0,5% Ancient Power point, 25% XP and Gold instead of 5%, some numbers that make people really want to reset cause it's rewarding, something that's not really worth it right now.

Thanks again and I hope you guys don't let your community down, remember that you guys are making a game for everyone, so don't debate your ideas just between yourselves.

@Zimmermann quote:

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Naythen quote:

The new lanes opening is what makes it so good on the new map tho Cx

Totally agree! The thrill baby!!!! The thrill!!!! The aesthetic is too good that I'm lovin' it when new lanes open!

I will put money on you no longer liking this concept come one month, but its good people enjoy it I guess right now, I personally like the maps  aesthetics (still to big and slow to build though), the fact the lanes are different each time you play it is a novelty now but will not be fun to farm/grind. 

btw an easy solution to this is the following:

• Double the drops
  • maybe add an animation short to inform you a new lane is opening just like Bastille incursion lets you know the boss is spawning. With the option to cancel it and remove it in the options.
  • Double the chest rewards (both loot and shards)
  • Double the XP and gold

Well, since, it's more than a month, I will say that I still like the concept. The DU's quite balanced.

Unlike some maps like Hot Springs, Nimbus Reach, and Littlehorn Valley. Those are terrible in DU wise. In fact, it's a total relief even if Buried Bastille shows up instead of those three for map 2. That's how much I don't like them.

By the way, great suggestions there. I didn't see those back then.

It seems as though someone high up at Trendy isn't listening. Or there is other feedback that is not on the forums.