Onslaught maps, progression and ideas to change or improve.

Why do we have to play random maps and have to beat multiple maps at the same time?

The reason this makes sense to me is to prevent people from constantly remaking a map so that they can reroll for the most easy map and most easy lane combinations, so by forcing us to do multiple maps in a row this makes it so that remaking for more easier lane/map combinations are not as convenient to do.

Problem with this system:
1.  people do not have the time to invest doing multiple maps in a row.
2. having DC issues with party or game crashing or losing to bug be more common the more maps you have to do in a row losing your progress making it very frustrating.

Ways to improve or change current system.
1. Progress is saved. 
So that you can continue where you left off.   BUT the save point will have to be static.  So once you beat the first map the second random map you get will be saved so when you fail or come back to it the lanes will be the same and map will be the same, this again is to encapsulate the RNG and not abusing remakes to get the map or lane modifiers you want. But of course you will still have choice to start all over again if you wanted. 
Also a system like this would have to be made so that when some one who is on the same floor as you is joining you on 2/3 or 3/3 will not be able to get the floor unlocked unless they started on floor 1 with you. 
And if you were to join some one on the current highest floor you are on you will lose your progress and have new saved progress with them.

2. Make maps static for each floor level.
Each floor could have static maps so that floor progress can be more easily saved for example doing a floor your progress would work like mastery where each map you beat gives you a star showing you beat it so that you can continue your progress to the next map without having to do all them at the same time like mastery.
One question would be should lane modifies be static as well so people do not keep rerolling them or should they be more balanced so that we don't feel the need to?

3. Make each floor 1 map only but instead make it 7 waves instead of 5.
This will make progressing more simple but still would suffer from map and lane modifier rerolling. Unless modifiers and maps are more balanced or are static.

Maybe you guys have better ideas or concerns you want to address feel free to comment. But that is all my little mind could come up with.

Games like D3 who do Endless progress all ready suffer from re rolling for best modifiers and really best way to try to solve was simply to balance maps/modifiers more but there still will always be best maps/enemies/modifiers for said build in that game.

Instead of making a floor needing 1 map, 2 maps and 3 maps, why not make it 5 waves, 6 waves and 7 waves?

"Oh, because we want you players to experience our new and biggest map yet hohoho" just make it play on the 7 waves map.

Agreed. I just had the game crash when I hit continue to go to the second map (PS4). Things like that make it hard to want to keep playing :/ I can’t imagine how frustrated I’d be if that crash had been going into the 3rd map. 

I see the concern with picking the map but come on already.  You know this issue was kind of fix in pre alpha with the bonus xp. Maps were broken down into difficulties and you got more bonus xp for doing the harder maps. Why not pool the maps by difficulty and drop loot and shards on maps in certain pools. This means you can't cheese all the best gear. It also means I have a choice of what map I want to play even out of the most difficult maps.

This was after all how DD1 was basically done. Nightmare loot had a possibility to drop but the chance to drop went up as you went along the campaign maps. I could still choose what map to farm but I understood what maps I had to choose from in order to get the loot I was after. Now with the addition of the lane mutators it doesn't mean if I play the same map I will be actually playing the same map.  

As far as the mutliple maps goes, this solution appears to actually create more issues. I think PandynatorDD pointed out that example your friends are playing a 3 map floor and you log in. You are a higher floor so you can join to help but wait you can't because they are not on the first map so now you have to wait maybe an hour or more just play with your friend or as them to lose progress and join you. I for one play solo so it isn't a problem for me but I feel the pain of not wanting to devote that much time to having to beat 3 maps in a row to progress. I just don't have that kind of time in one sitting to play games.

3. Make each floor 1 map only but instead make it 7 waves instead of 5.

This will make progressing more simple but still would suffer from map and lane modifier rerolling. Unless modifiers and maps are more balanced or are static.

Excellent idea.

And ditch the RESET!!!

I also think the progression is too complex now, we have

• Shards to buff gear
  • Ascension
  • Ancient Power
I dont think its all necessary. Shards are by far the biggest stat buff, and I get Ascension giving you a little extra for putting in the hours. I dont think it needs any more than that tbh. They just need to make the Onslaught truly endless, without resetting. It can't be that difficult.

non because 5% exp is kinda a joke. Also the current 3 map onslaught is also a horrible experience to go through again.  But if they were to improve it maybe be not as bad.  But I still be down for removing the reset as well.

@mindlessdefender quote:

non because 5% exp is kinda a joke. Also the current 3 map onslaught is also a horrible experience to go through again.  But if they were to improve it maybe be not as bad.  But I still be down for removing the reset as well.

So you have no idea how long it takes to reset again, yet you want a 50% buff per reset?
People are already close to 3 resets, which would be 150% boost. Two weeks from now they will be close to 10, which would be 500%. 
Two months from now....
Where is the logic in 50% ?
Your not supposed to be instant super sayan.

Initial rewards are too low I agree, but as extreme as 50% per reset is just bonkers...

Why not though?  From my understanding XP is static meaning it does not get higher the further you get in onslaught. Unless I wrong?
Say you at 500%.  You would still have to play around 1,000+ games just to be able to put 833 points into one tower dmg type.  Eventually you will cap at 999,  then can simply keep pushing just to see how far you can get.
Unless they making it so u can go past 999?
Or they could simply make it so you gain more XP the further you progress in Onslaught so we don't need such high XP% boosts and be more rewarded for pushing are selves.

Only thing that bothers me is going back to map 1 of the floor if you fail on any map of that floor.  Solo-ing, one floor took me 1.5 - 2 hours, only to fail on the last wave of the last map.  That's a lot of time to spend with nothing to show for it, and constitutes most of my free time for gaming.  Instead of trying again, I decided to go make dinner for my family.

Before this update, I would spend maybe an hour a night playing.  I'm not going to spend 2 hours a night and neglect my family.  That means that I'll probably only be playing on the weekends. 

So, Trendy...because we cannot save our progress per floor, I now will only be able to play this game 2-3 hours on the weekend, instead of an hour a night plus weekends.  Which is a shame.

@PandynatorDD quote:

@mindlessdefender quote:

So you have no idea how long it takes to reset again, yet you want a 50% buff per reset?
People are already close to 3 resets, which would be 150% boost. Two weeks from now they will be close to 10, which would be 500%. 
Two months from now....
Where is the logic in 50% ?
Your not supposed to be instant super sayan.

Initial rewards are too low I agree, but as extreme as 50% per reset is just bonkers...

As of now, there are only 3 people in the world that has had enough time on their hands and/or will, to play for such a string of time, that they have been able to prestige a second time. I don´t think anything should be scaled off of them, because they are not representative of the average player. 

That said, I agree a 50% buff for resetting might be a bit on the heavy side. But whatever Trendy comes up with, it better be worth it, if they want us to basically throw away everything we worked for, start over, and play through the exact same content again. And again, because that´s all there is to do.

@forgot_my_acct_name quote:

I don't mind the low xp and gold bonuses I just wish they would increase the ancient powers or remove the caps on them.  As it stands now I don't ever plan on prestiging.

I'd prefer having a cap.....because, even if it means quite some time, once the cap's reached it means I've completed ancient power.