Sign in to follow this  
tehgak

Most Difficult Game

DD2 has now became the most difficult and frustrating game I've ever played, or at least within the last 10 years. I have 1520 hours in the game but I still consider myself a casual player.

The new ascension is a good idea, but 95% percent of the players playing right now will never be able to do it. The floor level is too high. Lvl 54 is considered C7 {which C7 is a level most of the players haven't reached yet). To ascended you have to go 11 levels past C7, with randomness and bugs smacking you down every step of the way.

Ascension should be a goal that is attainable by anyone who plays the game. Most games that have a prestige system let you prestige at level cap.

The good about the ascension update is the gear system now makes sense. A lot of newer players are excited because they are finally getting gear upgrades. But then I'm also seeing newer players get frustrated because at some point they hit the wall and can't progress past a floor because they don't know the tricks to avoid the bugs and so their two hours of time to try to beat 3 maps to progress is completely wasted.

There's no need to make the game super hard and frustrating. That's not fun. Steady progression is fun. Move over Dark Souls, DD2 kicks your butt as the hardest game out right now.

@tehgak quote:

DD2 has now became the most difficult and frustrating game I've ever played, or at least within the last 10 years. 

Try The End is Nigh. It's very simple and yet mechanically difficult game (at least at later levels) but still provides tons of fun. Some people consider secret levels to be incredibly frustrating though.

@tehgak quote:

DD2 has now became the most difficult and frustrating game I've ever played, or at least within the last 10 years. I have 1520 hours in the game but I still consider myself a casual player.

The new ascension is a good idea, but 95% percent of the players playing right now will never be able to do it. The floor level is too high. Lvl 54 is considered C7 {which C7 is a level most of the players haven't reached yet). To ascended you have to go 11 levels past C7, with randomness and bugs smacking you down every step of the way.

Ascension should be a goal that is attainable by anyone who plays the game. Most games that have a prestige system let you prestige at level cap.

The good about the ascension update is the gear system now makes sense. A lot of newer players are excited because they are finally getting gear upgrades. But then I'm also seeing newer players get frustrated because at some point they hit the wall and can't progress past a floor because they don't know the tricks to avoid the bugs and so their two hours of time to try to beat 3 maps to progress is completely wasted.

There's no need to make the game super hard and frustrating. That's not fun. Steady progression is fun. Move over Dark Souls, DD2 kicks your butt as the hardest game out right now.

If you ever reach the threshold required for Power of ancients then the only way to truly progress is to restart for the amazing 1% and acension cap you never meet in the first place ... spend anther 1500hrs again again 

@enigma007 quote:

@tehgak quote:

DD2 has now became the most difficult and frustrating game I've ever played, or at least within the last 10 years. 

Try The End is Nigh. It's very simple and yet mechanically difficult game (at least at later levels) but still provides tons of fun. Some people consider secret levels to be incredibly frustrating though.

Haha ugh. I'm not really looking for a hard game. But it's ok for game to be hard and challenging. I'm more pointing out 2 things. 1) most of the players will not be able to prestige if the level requirement is left at 65 because of the amount of time it takes to be able to get to floor 65 is insane. 2) Spending over an hour trying to beat a floor only to lose all progress in map 3 wave 5 to something really random (essentially a bug) and get no reward from it is an unnecessary usually rage quit causing frustration.

Also when I say this is the most difficult game, I'm not including the 8-bit games that are designed to be extremely difficult as the main mechanic of the game. DD2 is not a game where difficulty and dying randomly is the point of the game. It's just really really really really fricken hard right now.

I thought I would never say this but, Onslaught is even worse then Mastery. At least in Mastery I was able to get over at least half the stars. In Onslaught I can only get to floor 57 map 2 from 55.......... A problem I think is that the C1 - C7 numbers are way too close together. If you can get to 999 for example then why is 55 C7? The 55th floor should be C1 - C3. Many players already skipped floor 1 - 54, so there's pretty much no content, unless you go back to them and do the challenges and get the flair for I think floor 4.

Hard part is DCing. I just did an onslaught beat the 5 waves on to the next map, then error Disconnected... now have to start again... why they thought having to do multiple maps in a row was a good idea i not sure... all I can say is I have no time for this game any more.

I have really hard feelings about having to win two or three maps in a row. I used to play this game on a (nearly) daily basis, but only have an hour each day between work and family. It is just absolutly frustrating to lose all my night's progress due to a failure on round 5 of map 3. Sure, if I could play for hours I would just restart. But me, I won't have a chance for a replay the next day. Please, let me save the little progress I made beating one map.