Sign in to follow this  
Zimmermann

Quality of life for onslaught

After losing a map, restart map not floor. Nothing makes me click that X in the top right hand corner faster then failing a map and having to replay 2-3 maps due to a silly mistake, I mean pressing G twice by accident (which I have done many times in trials) would be an F'ing disaster.

No one cares about this making the game "easier" at this point, and if they do they don't understand what game difficulty actually is^^ I think this would be a welcome change due to it reducing frustration, reducing punishment grinding while only reducing (and I hate this term) "artificial difficulty" slightly.

I doubt anyone would have a problem with this change... But maybe im wrong?

Discuss

@Zimmermann quote:

After losing a map, restart map not floor. Nothing makes me click that X in the top right hand corner faster then failing a map and having to replay 2-3 maps due to a silly mistake, I mean pressing G twice by accident (which I have done many times in trials) would be an F'ing disaster.

No one cares about this making the game "easier" at this point, and if they do they don't understand what game difficulty actually is^^ I think this would be a welcome change due to it reducing frustration, reducing punishment grinding while only reducing (and I hate this term) "artificial difficulty" slightly.

I doubt anyone would have a problem with this change... But maybe im wrong?

Discuss

I agree with you man ..... it just seems trendy dont like logic, it took most people  failing 2/3 times before we realised it was a joy killer , really curious to know  who is the individual hiring the team for play testing, these guys need to be fired if they thought this was acceptable   

I not sure I understand.  From my 1 map experience I beat 1 lvl 55 map and moved to lvl 56.  Are you saying there are levels where I must beat 3 random maps in a row to progress to the next level?  If so why? Why not make it consistent of 1 map win for next level unlocked? Or do I have it wrong?

@mindlessdefender quote:

I not sure I understand.  From my 1 map experience I beat 1 lvl 55 map and moved to lvl 56.  Are you saying there are levels where I must beat 3 random maps in a row to progress to the next level?  If so why? Why not make it consistent of 1 map win for next level unlocked? Or do I have it wrong?

As said above, its 1, 2 then 3 maps all the way up to 60 ish. 

Above that its all 3 maps, 2 random ish and the third is the new map every time as third.

@mindlessdefender quote:

that would obviously be to simple and fast... for an infinitely scaling system XD

Honestly I would have liked just 1 map per level, maybe with a few extra waves to make the building/upgrading a little different though thats not that important as building is already a bit different due to the lane buffs.

@PandynatorDD quote:

@mindlessdefender quote:

Above that its all 3 maps, 2 random ish and the third is the new map every time as third.

oh jesus the same map as the 3rd on every level past 60... yeah im out already. I got sick of farming incursions back in NM4 days due to the repetition of some maps, sick of the tiny trial map pools... sick of mastery (though that was a grind due to the obnoxious heroes required and some utterly irritating achievements when you didn't use all heroes/defenses) so guaranteed same map even if it mutates every 3rd map is not something I would enjoy at all.

Sad to say that I dont think DD2 is for me anymore, really disliked being forced to play all heroes with annoying achievements in mastery (I quit i think in M4), and now Ancient power seems pointless as the buffs it provides are tiny while all it really does is reset your game and get you spending gold/medals. Onslaught seems fun until you make a mistake and have to repeat a bunch of maps... and now you play the SAME map over and over post 60....

Anyway I am sounding bitter and I really don't mean to be, its just sad as the game is changing a lot but sadly slowly but surely away from something I would enjoy. With that said I think the game needed to evolve or I would have quit the old version and trials was a massive improvement over NM4, but now it feels very forced and grindy. "play these heroes or lose, build all the correct counters or lose, complete all these challenges or lose, grind and grind or get nothing."

Ramble over, if any dev reads this, sorry and I hope it gives some useful feedback.

@Zimmermann quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

@mindlessdefender quote:

oh jesus the same map as the 3rd on every level past 60... yeah im out already. I got sick of farming incursions back in NM4 days due to the repetition of some maps, sick of the tiny trial map pools... sick of mastery (though that was a grind due to the obnoxious heroes required and some utterly irritating achievements when you didn't use all heroes/defenses) so guaranteed same map even if it mutates every 3rd map is not something I would enjoy at all.

Sad to say that I dont think DD2 is for me anymore, really disliked being forced to play all heroes with annoying achievements in mastery (I quit i think in M4), and now Ancient power seems pointless as the buffs it provides are tiny while all it really does is reset your game and get you spending gold/medals. Onslaught seems fun until you make a mistake and have to repeat a bunch of maps... and now you play the SAME map over and over post 60....

Anyway I am sounding bitter and I really don't mean to be, its just sad as the game is changing a lot but sadly slowly but surely away from something I would enjoy. With that said I think the game needed to evolve or I would have quit the old version and trials was a massive improvement over NM4, but now it feels very forced and grindy. "play these heroes or lose, build all the correct counters or lose, complete all these challenges or lose, grind and grind or get nothing."

Ramble over, if any dev reads this, sorry and I hope it gives some useful feedback.

That new gigantic map is the 3rd map always after 60, yes. So many things that can go wrong on that map. I´ve had my share of mobs wandering off the beaten path and destroying cores and wasting hours of my time. Playing this map solo is like gambling, even if you set everything up correctly.