Sign in to follow this  
bfgeleven

Pets

Quick question:

Are pets actually worth bothering with? In DD1, Pets were like a BIG DEAL, a decent Seahorse dropped at the latter stages of NMHC endless was seriously worth having. Pets in DD2 just feel a bit meh..

My main DPS character has a Legendary Kitty General Level 60 fully maxxed out.

• Rate 1.5s
  • Earth Damage 4465
  • Hero Crit 325
  • Hero Dmg 337
  • Poisonous Tips

Am I doing something wrong here? I have some Mastery golden pets, but not Legendary and also I feed them up the max and re-rolled everything they aren't half as soon as the above....

No, you aren't missing anything.  Pets are somewhere in the queue for getting overhauled.  Currently pets only offer two real things: abilities (which can be very useful), and elemental damage (basically only useful if it's lightning and you have something that drenches, so that the pet can stun, like stunning assassins off you or something).

@Huata quote:

Try rolling Gato Fireworks with your pet, Pets are only good to one shot Siege Tanks.

...or help stun assassins until you are geared enough to not need them.

Pets in DD1 were able to  almost dps as good as your hero but in DD2 they are almost useless except for small stats increase  and siege roller 

pets are just for their abilities, dragolitch, roller 1 shotters, and poisonous tips for HD dps. There are some other fun ones like reflect damage, stun, heal etc but mostly not needed in end game.

I personally only ever use a 1 shot for rollers, everything else I AFK against, I think their abilities will be relevant again in higher Onslaught levels, but the stats are to low to have any effect just like their dps.

they might actually be handy (stat wise) after Ancient power "ascension", but trendy saw fit to revert pets to level 1 ... which is just overkill, I say don't touch pets on prestigeing.

@Zimmermann quote:

pets are just for their abilities, dragolitch, roller 1 shotters, and poisonous tips for HD dps. There are some other fun ones like reflect damage, stun, heal etc but mostly not needed in end game.

I personally only ever use a 1 shot for rollers, everything else I AFK against, I think their abilities will be relevant again in higher Onslaught levels, but the stats are to low to have any effect just like their dps.

they might actually be handy (stat wise) after Ancient power "ascension", but trendy saw fit to revert pets to level 1 ... which is just overkill, I say don't touch pets on prestigeing.

I don't know it's bug or not, but I saw Juicebag's video, then he did reset, pet reset to lvl 1, but stats left max... Mb it's Trendy's idea and we can stack stats after reset, but probably it's bug :)

@PandaPo quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

I don't know it's bug or not, but I saw Juicebag's video, then he did reset, pet reset to lvl 1, but stats left max... Mb it's Trendy's idea and we can stack stats after reset, but probably it's bug :)

they do not give buffs out without mentioning them :P

99% sure its a bug, but it would be a nice way to approach pet scaling, but even with that they need a 1000% damage buff to be even noticed.

@Zimmermann quote:

@PandaPo quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

they do not give buffs out without mentioning them :P

99% sure its a bug, but it would be a nice way to approach pet scaling, but even with that they need a 1000% damage buff to be even noticed.

If it's not bug, new pets will good bonus to dmg for first steps after reset :)

@mindlessdefender quote:

Pets should really not reset I think. They so hard to level especially when you have 60 of them on 60 characters.

@Ubara-tutu quote:

I have 75 level 60 pets. No way I am resetting them without a serious reward.

I agree 200%.I have a ton of pets and 40+ of them are level 60/60. Now I ask Trendy: Have you ever raise a pet from 0 to 60 without the cheating candy thing? 'Cos I did several of them this way and let me tell you, IT TAKES LOTS OF TIME AND DEDICATION! I have been playing this game since it was a MOBA, using the Playverse launcher. Yes that long ago, and now you want me to throw all my years of dedication down the drain! I CAN NOT ACCEPT THAT!

@bfgeleven quote:

Whats the 1 shot siege roller thing? Tell me about it, sounds like thats worth having!

Every Gato (Cat) pet can roll with the skill called Gato Fireworks, it deals alot of damage based on your Hero Damage, just reroll it if you don't get it.

@bfgeleven quote:

Whats the 1 shot siege roller thing? Tell me about it, sounds like thats worth having!

Basically build a monk for hero damage, including shards (for example, the shard that increases damage from heroic wave or whatever it's called, as well as things like power gambits).  Then buff the monk as you get behind the roller, and shoot it with gato fireworks (possible ability on gato pets) from behind.  Properly this can get up to 80-100 million according to Juicebags (I'm missing one of the important shards so I haven't been able to get it that high, but it still one shots rollers in C7 for me).

It can get up to 25 Million and only does good dmg on Rollers because of the reduced Resistance in the back.

And the One shot is only if you play Solo with more Players you would need 2 Shots.

Each shoot got 30sec cooldown.