Sign in to follow this  
MaJean

Did anyone do the reset thing yet?

@tb3 quote:

Give us a “lock box” (you can make us buy slots!) that allow us to store a VERY MINIMAL amount of gear that then won’t reset but we can’t re-access the gear (unlock the box) until we get back to floor 55. You know, just a place to store that favorite sword or two. You can even still reset the upgrade levels for all I care. I don’t mind grinding gold, but grinding the perfect weapon that matches my playstyle and aesthetic preferences combined is the worst.

Have to agree on this one! Maybe have that Onslaught chest drop that lockbox which will look exactly like that chest!squire_small.png

so I have to ask. watched juicbags vids, and he says that the ascension dmg cap increases, but does the ascension cap also increase for the ascension talents such as hero crit chance? if that increases, could see it giving stupid high crit chance.

Did the reset thing three days ago, just to see how fast i can progress through the trials. Surprisingly enough, after 9 hours of play i'm already at the top of the chaos 7 again. I still don't think it's worth the time, but it isn't as hard or time consuming as i expected it to be.

The only thing i dislike so far is the permanent loss of onslaught progression after reset. It would be a lot better if after reaching floor 65 you restored access to your highest achieved floor.

@Norexthorson quote:

so I have to ask. watched juicbags vids, and he says that the ascension dmg cap increases, but does the ascension cap also increase for the ascension talents such as hero crit chance? if that increases, could see it giving stupid high crit chance.

Nope it doenst, only the 140 cap talents increases.

I came back to check out the expansion, previously had a couple hundred hours played. Not following the game constantly, I've been wondering. Has there been any reason stated for resetting gear instead of just down-scaling it based on floor? There is no way, as a semi-casual player, I'm going to reset my gear. Why not just cap everything, gear stats, shard upgrade stats, etc. based on onslaught floor? Remove the tie between Chaos & Onslaught unlocks, and reset onslaught progress every ancient power reset. Add in a scaling gold cost to ancient power, and you keep the additional gold sink the expansion introduced. Leave ascension reset working the same way (I assume) it currently is; your permanent ascension gain is some proportion of the difference between your permanent level and current ascension level at reset. Leave pets outside the reset entirely. And it seems like it's functionally the same system, without forcing people to manage gear & shards all over again, and it doesn't feel like you are giving up nearly as much each reset. Even better, if onslaught levels are infinitely scaling, your starting level should go up 5 every ancient power, but so should the point you are allowed to reset. Now each ancient power becomes more difficult, not less.

There should be permanent value in every grind. Right now, there is no permanent value in grinding pets or gear, it's all trashed by ancient power. And if I, as a casual player, can see a better system than the one they have in place, I'm sure it's been suggested elsewhere too. Have the devs said why they actually reset stuff instead of down-scaling it?

I'm not sure why people value their high ascension so much.  Once you've hit around 300 ascension, you've basically beat the game and can AFK every map.  Any levels after that are just counting how many hours you've put into a game you've already beat.   I get it that some people like that but I enjoyed the challenge of getting to end-game and resetting gives me a chance to experience that again with a bit of a boost from having a full hero deck, hyper shards and ancient power perks.

It is good that nobody is forced to reset and if grinding out ascension is your thing then there's no reason to stop.

@Kruntski quote:

I'm not sure why people value their high ascension so much.  Once you've hit around 300 ascension, you've basically beat the game and can AFK every map.  Any levels after that are just counting how many hours you've put into a game you've already beat.   I get it that some people like that but I enjoyed the challenge of getting to end-game and resetting gives me a chance to experience that again with a bit of a boost from having a full hero deck, hyper shards and ancient power perks.

It is good that nobody is forced to reset and if grinding out ascension is your thing then there's no reason to stop.

^^^ This

@Kruntski quote:

Did you do the reset thingy yet?

@Kruntski quote:

Not everyone wants to do a game all over again, especially when they poured hundreds or thousands of hours into finding just the right gear and weapons etc..

The reward for reset is just too low I think most people can agree. Maybe not for you, but for many people It feels unsatisfactory to rush through a game, just to have it reset and do it over again.

@Kruntski quote:

You aren't currently forced to, but will be long term. Eventually, some players who put in massive amounts of time will have ascension caps significantly higher than 140, and the points to put into them, along with other ancient power bonuses. And future content will be balanced around those stats. You aren't forced to reset in the same way you aren't forced to play anything other than the campaign mode. But if you want to continue to progress in the game, you are forced to throw away what you previously invested time into only to turn around and repeat it, something at least some consider to be bad game design.

@MaJean quote:

especially when they poured hundreds or thousands of hours into finding just the right gear and weapons etc..

I've done that so many times, feels bad (big DD2 issue right there, always doing miniwipes or wipes of some sort having to redo specifically what you are describing there, I won't go into details tho, if you've been around long enough then you either know it to be true or have become a zombie about it)

I don't have high ascension (currently 400), but as a casual player I've invested far too much time to reset ('far too much time' is defined in this point as a large portion of the time I have available, probably averaging an hour or so a day). I don't care quite as much about ascension levels per se, but I certainly care about re-doing everything I've already done, and re-collecting everything I've already collected.

I understand repeat-resetting means a huge amount of additional hours, which is therefore defined as prolonging the game, but that argument seriously misses the point, which is that a good portion of the fun and attraction is the slow collecting of ever better gear and stats. Resetting kills that.

Not sure why everybody thinks reset is a huge amount of hours to get back to the top.  This video from the juice master shows it can be done in 84 games or about the same time it takes to gain a handful of ascension levels at end game.   Quite a few have done multiple resets already in the 2 weeks or so since the latest patch, confirming that it's not a huge time sink.

it can be done in 84 games or about the same time it takes to gain a handful of ascension levels at end game.

84 games IS a huge amount of games for a casual player

Quite a few have done multiple resets already in the 2 weeks or so since the latest patch, confirming that it's not a huge time sink

Doesn't that entirely completely depend on how many hours per day they have played the game? I would hazard a guess that they've put many hundreds of hours in, which does indeed equate to a huge time sink

Regardless of whether we agree or disagree on the above point, I would still further argue that resetting simply forces players to drudge through a whole load of stuff they have already done once, for very little to no reason at all, and all when TE could find a much more welcomed end-game solution without resetting.

@Kruntski quote:

Not sure why everybody thinks reset is a huge amount of hours to get back to the top.  This video from the juice master shows it can be done in 84 games or about the same time it takes to gain a handful of ascension levels at end game.   Quite a few have done multiple resets already in the 2 weeks or so since the latest patch, confirming that it's not a huge time sink.

So far 23 people have prestige at  least twice in 2 weeks that doesn't sound like its very quick to me because those are mostly  hardcore players also