MaJean

Did anyone do the reset thing yet?

@MaJean quote:

@Little Magic Hat quote:

@MaJean quote:
@Little Magic Hat quote:

Took the plunge and reset!

Dunno why, maybe I think Trendy will do something to make it better XD

Wow, so it´s back to grinding C1 then. Ballsy move:) 

Dumb move :(

I don´t think I have the will in me to start over... not after 4K hours. As the game is now, if I accidentally reset, I think I would probably put the game away, and call it quits. If the grind was fun it would be a different matter of course. This game just never really turned out the way I had hoped.

These have been my exact thoughts since I reset. I think on some level I wanted a reason to put the game down and walk away, which is what I feel I will do save any major changes to the game that draw me back. I guess I'm just still holding onto some naive hope that the fun I had pre-Trials would return, but it never has (for me).

Do the stats of your gear/relics drop when you reset?  I mean, I know that they reset back to 0/60 instead of maxed, but if you had, let's say, a medallion that has a base stat of 20K on it's main stat, would that drop down to campaign level?  Basically making all your gear/relics worthless?

@Rentard quote:

Do the stats of your gear/relics drop when you reset?  I mean, I know that they reset back to 0/60 instead of maxed, but if you had, let's say, a medallion that has a base stat of 20K on it's main stat, would that drop down to campaign level?  Basically making all your gear/relics worthless?

Yeah the drop you will have to grind for new gear 

@playertt quote:

@Rentard quote:

So, spending gold to level up gear is a thing of the past.  Got it.

At the moment only 74 Players (PC) are (or were) at floor 65 or higher. [Leaderboard: Onslaught]

I keep losing on the 3 map for some silly mistakes (i.e. I overlook on the 4 wave the "Controlled Burn" for the new wave) or a monster that slipped by and I was too far away. So Iam currently still at floor 61 and the progress is a lot slower than expected. I thought I would be floor 68 or 70 by now ...

I still think that I will not press the "reset" button.

@Rentard quote:

@playertt quote:

@Rentard quote:

So, spending gold to level up gear is a thing of the past.  Got it.

Yeah i wouldn't advise upgrading unless your not going to reset anymore or needing a upgrade to beat a level 

@playertt quote:

@Rentard quote:

No way am I going to just flush all my gear down the toilet like that. I HATE gear grinding. For me, it is the worst part of the game.

@Lawlta quote:

@Defenso quote:

Can anyone confirm if after resetting you can do mastery again and earn more hypershards.

You cannot. In the future, anything is possible.

Haha I guess we will wait and see ;)

Certainly would be extra incentive to reset.

Would like to say that I know you guys are getting some flack on the boards but most of it is constructive criticism from a passionate fan base and hopefully nothing nasty.  I did see a post asking about alternatives to Dungeon Defenders but really the game is top of the class especially on consoles and couch co-op is a major plus in my case.

With a few tweaks to ancient power update you can probably count on several 100 more game hours from me!

@Defenso quote:

With a few tweaks to ancient power update you can probably count on several 100 more game hours from me!

But what about tweaks for several 1000 more game hours?

Pjess.gif

@Lawlta quote:

@Defenso quote:

Pjess.gif

Count me in for another 1K if we get our top 10 titles for christmas:)

if i could get to and beat floor 65 without to much trouble i would probably reset but im just not good enough player  to do it so i decided to not attempt it / ill just keep doing dailys and weeklys and grinding chaos 7 which can solo pretty easily 

@Lawlta quote:

@MaJean quote:

Count me in for another 1K if we get our top 10 titles for christmas:)

Check your mailbox.

Kramer-Oh-yeah.gif

Thanks so much it made my day:) Excuse me while I go do some Onslaught - like a baws:)

@playertt quote:

if i could get to and beat floor 65 without to much trouble i would probably reset but im just not good enough player  to do it so i decided to not attempt it / ill just keep doing dailys and weeklys and grinding chaos 7 which can solo pretty easily 

I in the same boat, Until they change it to 1 map per onslaught level I doubt I will bother, I don't have the time to do 3 maps in row like others may have.

@mindlessdefender quote:

@playertt quote:

I in the same boat, Until they change it to 1 map per onslaught level I doubt I will bother, I don't have the time to do 3 maps in row like others may have.

Im deleteing dd2 until they make it 1 map per floor myself and play dd1.

@Lawlta quote:

@Defenso quote:

Pjess.gif

Consider making the Onslaught values worth sacrificing our things for and you got a deal.

@ChrisH36 quote:

@Lawlta quote:

@Defenso quote:

Pjess.gif

Consider making the Onslaught values worth sacrificing our things for and you got a deal.

Also consider not resetting pets as a bare minimum and we got a deal 😃

The pet affection system seems broken to me and the thought of having to relevel all the pets again is a massive turn off. 

The only sure way to get the pet levelled is to splurge on affection boosters with Defender Medals, they level so slowly or not at all during normal game play I reckon I could reset and nearly be ready to ascend again before the pet would be half way to max!

Maybe if this change was implemented Trendy could gift some pet boosters to the guys that have already reset as a sweetner to make up for some of their loss.

I personally like resetting for a boost but i can understand how many of you feel regarding if it's worth it or not. The rewards for actually resetting your self also seems lacking. But it's new and will surely be looked upon :-)

@Defenso quote:

@ChrisH36 quote:

@Lawlta quote:

@Defenso quote:

Pjess.gif

Also consider not resetting pets as a bare minimum and we got a deal 😃

The pet affection system seems broken to me and the thought of having to relevel all the pets again is a massive turn off. 

The only sure way to get the pet levelled is to splurge on affection boosters with Defender Medals, they level so slowly or not at all during normal game play I reckon I could reset and nearly be ready to ascend again before the pet would be half way to max!

Maybe if this change was implemented Trendy could gift some pet boosters to the guys that have already reset as a sweetner to make up for some of their loss.

But... what's the point of maxing pets?  Getting to level 10, sure.  Abilities are worth it.  And also only cost one affection booster, which is nothing in terms of medals.  For those who are actively pursuing ancient power, you want at most four pets with abilities per reset since you can have four DPS heroes in your active deck at max.  If it's about a collector or completionist thing, I understand, though I sincerely hope Trendy overhauls the pet system eventually, in which case it is quite dubious whether it will have been worth maxing so many pets.

Note, I'm not saying resetting is a good idea yet, just that I don't think pets really matter that much.  For which reason, it seems the better decision from Trendy would be getting one that leaves the customer happier, since either way it makes little difference and provides the smallest of gold/medal sinks.

I understand that pets are not much in terms of a stat boost anyway and beyond using their ability once a map are nothing special .... It's just the chore of getting them relevelled again I hated it first time round and I too sincerely hope Trendy overhaul them at some point. 

Obviously resetting gear and shards is a sacrifice but if you kept them all you would blow straight through to C7 and floor 65 in a few hours/days depending on the time you have.

A max level pet is not going to boost you so you can just curbstomp everything after you reset so just leave them alone (and yes there is a little bit of completionist mentality probably on my part here - mainly because I hated levelling them and thought I was done).

Im Duo with a friend, we are currently in floor 75, just climbing for flairs, we are not interesting in reset, we only have 730 Ascension points and we dont want to lose this for 1 point ancient and 5% gold and get all of our gear, pets, shards resets. i can imagine people with 2k+.

Pls Trendy, listen your players, make the game interesting not repetitive.

Give us a “lock box” (you can make us buy slots!) that allow us to store a VERY MINIMAL amount of gear that then won’t reset but we can’t re-access the gear (unlock the box) until we get back to floor 55. You know, just a place to store that favorite sword or two. You can even still reset the upgrade levels for all I care. I don’t mind grinding gold, but grinding the perfect weapon that matches my playstyle and aesthetic preferences combined is the worst.