Sign in to follow this  
MaJean

Did anyone do the reset thing yet?

u and i both are at 2K ascension [[83204,users]] . i cant see doing it and it doesn't seem fair . 250 ascension lvls or 2k ascension lvls the reward is the same? after failing map 2 twice on floor 57 and reading the patch notes i am done for now. It's kinda sad I feel like i lost a friend :(  

Now being able to reset and raise your ascension cap and keep the ascension points u worked so hard for seems a bit more fair but for what? no special drops or loot to be had, also i am not really a fan of all this lane inspecting and character swapping. I am assuming people like me with a high ascension lvl probably spent the most amount of money in the game too. I have most the costumes and tower skins. meanwhile i am enjoying Grim Dawn and one of my favorite first games on steam Titan Quest has an anniversary edition and a new DLC that is so good. 

Absolutely not , the reset is a direct insult to those who have committed hundreds of hours if not thousands with the petty reward and extreme gear/shard/per cap. Thr reset should of been 100% EXP/GOLD then 50%, then 25% and after the 4th reset at 5% where it should remain. They could of also done so much , such as allow permanent gear/shard per every ancient power of boosting EXP/GOLD from 5% felt too much for them. I mean who gave them the idea that the player would be happy with this? Most people achieved their ascension over months , to only repeat again and again which will take years 

im not as high as ascension level as you are im only 1253 but im not resetting either just not worth it to me / if just starting out with low ascension i would do it 

Yeah I hear ya. I agree with all of you. My 2K was earned by spending many a night grinding, so I´m not trading unless it´s worth it.

The benefits are simply not worth doing it at the moment, specially with having to grind and upgrade everything again. I really don't want to upgrade my Hyper Shards again, level my Pets again (which is extremely slow unless you feed them) or farm all the gear again.

The last point could be fixed by giving us a forge that can increase items to you current highest floor level (for a price of cause, but that price shouldn't be too high). The forge should of cause be only unlock at Floor 60 or so, but stay unlocked after the reset. That would probably make things too easy.

Simple fix just don't make people have to reset everything because they would probably play even more onslaught / if trendy thinks the only reason for playing  onslaught is just  to get small upgrades after resetting months of grinding  it was a bad ideal to me where's the fun in that 

Im pretty disappointed right now. I like the game alot, but theres no way of progressing atm, besides doing the reset. If u dont do the reset, u can go for your personal highscore on onslaught... but u dont get anything new from it... only if u reset. Im bored of the grind anyways... especially when u cant improve yourself in some way.

Im probably taking a break from the game now, only doing the dailies every couple of days + weeklies... waiting for bugfixes and new content... i cant believe im saying this, with a new big DLC, that just came out.

Yah I not feeling it either, feel no reward for risk and time spent in challenging your self, the reward feels to little to bother. Let alone i doubt i be able to do onslaught 65 solo any ways even with max gear and lvl.

Im much lower ascension 380, been playing since it was available to buy,but have found with all recent updates i play less and less, was really looking forward to this update or expansion as trendy have called it, but i cant see the point of a reset, not enough gain to start over, as you can tell from my ascension level i play casually, maybe 4-5hrs a week, so im pretty much done with dd2 now because playing is kind of pointless, except for those amazing flair rewards which are pointless

I think one of the issues with a system like this is the fact that some players are way way beyond what is intended for level at reset. It is an unfortunate side effect. But how do you tackle this? If they give you equal compensation it will sling shot you possibly to a point where you cake walk the end game content and you will be right back to complaining about no challenge or needing new end game content long before they are ready to put it out. 

I don't know how you tackle this other than you might have to get the short end of the stick. The question might be how short is the end you get?

I will not reset either, the "rewards" are just bad and the requirements are just so hard for me atm, make the reset system fair and I maybe consider doing it!

@Nefhith quote:

Anyone mind explaining what that is, for someone who can't even enter the game?

It's basically resetting your gear to chaos 1 stats, your shards to it's pre-upgraded state, and your ascension back to zero for certain permanent buffs like gaining XP faster, respawn time decrease, increasing ascension caps, increasing tower health and damage etc.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Nefhith quote:

Anyone mind explaining what that is, for someone who can't even enter the game?

It's basically resetting your gear to chaos 1 stats, your shards to it's pre-upgraded state, and your ascension back to zero for certain permanent buffs like gaining XP faster, respawn time decrease, increasing ascension caps, increasing tower health and damage etc.

That is some pretty horrible design, what the hell...

Whats the reasoning behind such a move?

I'm struggling to solo floor 57, done 2 maps max thus far and failing on the last. Im Asc 380, but even I dont want to just throw that away and start again...

DD2 is the first game I've ever played that made it almost impossible to "prestige". Why not just double the ascension requirement from 250 to 500 to get ancient power? Have this as the only requirement to get ancient power. If this doesn't work then have " Ascension 250" and "Onslaught level 55". At this point players that already have done this should be able to use ancient power automatically, since they put in so much time and effort already.

I know some players over ascension 1000 and it's not fair. Can't really play Onslaught, since the modifier text is so freaking small. Also, the bugs and glitches don't help as well.

Limited Progression Reset

When you gain Ancient Power, your progression will be reset back to Onslaught Floor 1 and Chaos I with your gear and shards reset to that appropriate level.  Using your new Powers, you’ll be able to reprogress back through our end-game at a quicker pace and push into deeper floors of Onslaught with your newfound strength!

I just went and read the notes. That's completely crazy, TE you have effectively alienated virtually every long term/high asc player. You seriously think its OK to make players do it ALL OVER AGAIN each time?!

One of the biggest incentives and therefore reasons to keep playing is getting better and better gear and higher levels. You've just effectively taken that away. I dont even want to work through and up to Floor 65 now, whats the point?

@Chappyy quote:

I think one of the issues with a system like this is the fact that some players are way way beyond what is intended for level at reset. It is an unfortunate side effect. But how do you tackle this? If they give you equal compensation it will sling shot you possibly to a point where you cake walk the end game content and you will be right back to complaining about no challenge or needing new end game content long before they are ready to put it out. 

I don't know how you tackle this other than you might have to get the short end of the stick. The question might be how short is the end you get?

An ascension lvl cap is the best answer. I think you deserve to be a little OP after 1400 hours. Maybe you give up 250 ascension lvls to gain ancient powers , raise your ascension cap X amount of points each time. I fell like Trendy is just saying OK you beat the game , you can reset if you want. I thought Ascension lvls was something we would never lose , so basically I got to ascension lvl 2K for no reason at all . Its a great update for new players i guess , it's game over for me :(

@BeerGoggles quote:

Does the exp bonus stack every time you prestige? Like if you prestige 20x do you have 100% exp bonus?

Yes, it does.  Does that make it worth it?  Maybe not.  But each player can decide for themselves.

shots fired! into feet by trendy XD

sorry that was mean, but its crazy that the one thing I was seriously concerned about (ancient power) so drastically failed.

Lets hope the fact players can no longer use a single build doesn't back fire also (that was something I massively hated with mastery).

I have only done a couple of floors on Onslaught due to lack of time, but I liked it until I screwed up on my second map and was forced to start the floor again.

I think this patch has made some big and brave steps forward into the unknown and its only natural that trendy might have walked off a couple of cliffs and trod on a few landmines in the process.

Nevertheless, the game keeps evolving which is good.