Are you hyped for the long term?

We get some % stuffs for resetting. But who cares, its 20% max, right? (Assuming 4 player party?

Personally, my number 1 reason to do ancient power is the XP gain. Which is due to the things we get when getting ancient power.

Resetting, gives us more xp gain, more gold gain, higher caps on ascension caps, which is HUGE...

I've seen some people complain, how we wont get higher gear stats, and how it will be impossible to get further than X floor.

But I don't think those players have thunk it through.. We are getting + cap to all 140 capped things every time we choose to prestige.

At 999, its basically 2X the stats end game C7 players have right now.

Ascension levels will be more important than it ever has.

I am hyped for this update, getting to that 100% XP bonus, and beyond! 

Emoji_GobHuntress.png

I'm mostly hyped for Trendy to finally have an end game out so they can focus on other things, like shard/inventory management, updating pets, new boss battles and characters, new awesome loot, bug fixes, etc.  I am also hyped for testing out builds on new maps that will be really hard again (and no limitations as in mastery, though I had fun there, and I'm sure the enemies will limit what towers we choose to use).  I'm not hyped for running through chaos/Onslaught more than a couple times though.  It would be nice if every ancient power reset allowed you to start higher in the floors or something.  But with the mode out, Trendy will be able to tweak into something really fun, which I am excited for!

well probably not untill your rather deep in onslaught but yes you will need the xp's and the gold's but if u have a good builder friend then maybe just make a pure dps char all stats in char dam n skills and just go along for the ride they will have to drop down to your max floor lvl to start with though

Without rewards, there is really no point to onslaught (I don't count some gaudy flair as reward). I have no interest in resetting my gear and pets simply to repeat from floor 1 and get nothing again.

I certainly wouldn't have run survivals in DD1 if there was no chance of getting better armour or good pets.

@mayhem_zero quote:

Without rewards, there is really no point to onslaught (I don't count some gaudy flair as reward). I have no interest in resetting my gear and pets simply to repeat from floor 1 and get nothing again.

I certainly wouldn't have run survivals in DD1 if there was no chance of getting better armour or good pets.

Ya while the reset is not a bad idea it also feels like the whole mode didn't hit the mark. The short maps forced in sucession is why I think the mode will not solve the issue, it's just going to feel like grinding maps rather than progress. If every single map was different for each floor then the idea COULD work but instead it just feels like trials 2.0 which is more forced maps.

I already mentioned to a friend who was tepid about the update about the 5 wave, 3 forced maps per floor part and he also wonders what the devs were thinking, this was the biggest issues with trials. The forced builds and no map choice is what really killed enjoyment. I will personally give it a try on Tuesday, but I going in I'm over 90% sure that this is going to flop. Unless the waves being different is THAT big of a draw I don't see the appeal. It really begs the question of what happened to the survival aspect of onslaught.

@PandynatorDD quote:

We get some % stuffs for resetting. But who cares, its 20% max, right? (Assuming 4 player party?

O_o ... i missed something from DevStream ? i thought you can have infinite % ... i mean that's the point of Onslaught ... that u can push the floor lvl forever. Are you sure it's capped at 20 % ? what if i Reset 10 times ? i should ghet 50% ... right ?

And to asnwer to this thread ... yes i am hyped ... i want to see how fast i can ghet through Trials after first Reset ... after second reset ... and so on.

Also i am hyped about mutators and onslaught floor 100 or above... can i ghet to 200 ???

@lekkin007 quote:

I'm mostly hyped for Trendy to finally have an end game out so they can focus on other things, like shard/inventory management, updating pets, new boss battles and characters, new awesome loot, bug fixes, etc.  I am also hyped for testing out builds on new maps that will be really hard again (and no limitations as in mastery, though I had fun there, and I'm sure the enemies will limit what towers we choose to use).  I'm not hyped for running through chaos/Onslaught more than a couple times though.  It would be nice if every ancient power reset allowed you to start higher in the floors or something.  But with the mode out, Trendy will be able to tweak into something really fun, which I am excited for!

Indeed! I was looking through some dev log, and I have to say, saw there are some amazing maps that's not out yet!

@emilian quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

O_o ... i missed something from DevStream ? i thought you can have infinite % ... i mean that's the point of Onslaught ... that u can push the floor lvl forever. Are you sure it's capped at 20 % ? what if i Reset 10 times ? i should ghet 50% ... right ?

Looks like they were referencing the stat increases which are 5% per player (1% with a 5 point limit) for damage and health etc.

You sound like you're talking about the gold and xp increases which I believe is around 5% per reset but I'm not sure of the cap as the stream had around 250% bonus.

I'm feeling very uneasy because I still have questions from the devstream that I watched three times and still didn't get:

1) Do we get 1 Ancient Power point per reset

2) If 1 is correct, do we have to restart at floor 1

3) If 2 is correct, I'm done until the next end-game update because 9750 maps is not my idea of progression when the gear and shards I have keep being reset as well.

I would have preferred being given a choice between using the Ancient Power and grinding linearly progressive gear (given the Ancient Power presented I would go with gear progression).

I understand your enthusiasm thinking ahead PandynatorDD but getting to the point where the Exp, Gold, and Ancient Power buffs are actually worthwhile is a long, long grind ahead that makes me wince.

Honestly no. I don´t look forward to the endless repetition of resetting and going through all the chaos tiers, with all the same maps to gear all the same heroes to find all the same relics and all the same weapons and upgrade all the relics and all the shards and weapons over and over again. I might do a single reset to try it out. This is definetely not something I´ll be doing long term. I´m closer to out than in on this one.

The way I see it (or understand it), is once I reset it will take me at least a weeks worth of grinding to get back to top c7 gear...where I'll be approximately 500 ascension shorter than I am now and have to spend tens of millions of gold to relevel relics, gear, and shards (by the way if hyper shards delevel I'm going to be pissed).  

In return for this I'll get 5% increase to exp and gold and one percentage points into something else. Not going to lie, I'm not too hyped. Am however looking forward to playing the new content this week, but after that the grind seems tedious for very small rewards.

I think getting back to where we are now should be fairly straight forward and not too long (by using some combination of chaos and onslaught).  I mean, right now the only reason chaos trials take people a while is that they have to learn new builds.  If you restart from the beginning using all your knowledge, you can get to the end of C7 in a very short time.  Plus you don't have to look for more shards.  The slog comes from repeating levels higher than where we are now I think, because there will be no chaos tiers to help us skip floors, and each floor will be 3 maps per I think?  Still, I'm sure there will be decently fast paths once we find the minimum amount of defenses/heroes/shards we need to keep up to date on gear.

I think that the ascension cap raises are also probably more important than the ancient powers.  It does mean going back to having one hero for each defense, but our defenses will be able to get much stronger over time than is possible now (even without considering ancient power buffs or higher gear caps).

@lekkin007 quote:

I think getting back to where we are now should be fairly straight forward and not too long (by using some combination of chaos and onslaught).  I mean, right now the only reason chaos trials take people a while is that they have to learn new builds.  If you restart from the beginning using all your knowledge, you can get to the end of C7 in a very short time.  Plus you don't have to look for more shards.  The slog comes from repeating levels higher than where we are now I think, because there will be no chaos tiers to help us skip floors, and each floor will be 3 maps per I think?  Still, I'm sure there will be decently fast paths once we find the minimum amount of defenses/heroes/shards we need to keep up to date on gear.

I think that the ascension cap raises are also probably more important than the ancient powers.  It does mean going back to having one hero for each defense, but our defenses will be able to get much stronger over time than is possible now (even without considering ancient power buffs or higher gear caps).

Definetely think you are underestimating the time needed to restore everything to where you are now. Unless you only have 4-5 heroes of course. 

I´m looking at somewhere between 200-300 hours of work gearing all my heroes up to par again, and that might not even be enough...

@MaJean quote:

@lekkin007 quote:

Definetely think you are underestimating the time needed to restore everything to where you are now. Unless you only have 4-5 heroes of course. 

I´m looking at somewhere between 200-300 hours of work gearing all my heroes up to par again, and that might not even be enough...

But why do you need to get everything up to where you are now?  I mean, there are plenty of builds that could work I'm sure, but once you find builds that work for you through most/all of the early game progression and at least up to the point where you were before, it really won't be that many shards probably.  And while there are hero DPS strategies that require 4 heroes, there are plenty of good hero DPS strategies that only require 1 or 2 heroes.  To restore everything of course would take a long time, but that's why I said it won't take long once we find the minimum amount we need to restore.

Gearing more then it is needed in new system would be a nonsense. After reset I will probably gear one dps hero, mule if needed and relics for 4-5 defences.

@MaJean quote:

@lekkin007 quote:

So basically the time one spent gearing all those different heroes was for nothing. I have some builds I will never be able to do anymore, if I want to progress in this game before I die of old age, because they require more than just one of each hero, and gearing them up takes time. 

IF there is one thing to say for sure is don't expect or assume too much until the release. I've seen it in all games people making assumptions about the game and gives off the idea of how it's going to be :p 

Me I can't wait for tomorrow to try out the new expact! :D

@MaJean quote:

So basically the time one spent gearing all those different heroes was for nothing. I have some builds I will never be able to do anymore, if I want to progress in this game before I die of old age, because they require more than just one of each hero, and gearing them up takes time. 

You are talking in hyperbole.  Resetting for ancient power will always be your choice.  If you don't reset, you'll still want to farm new gear since the gear cap is increasing, so yes the time spent farming end game gear was "wasted", but this was always going to be the case even if they had only added an 8th chaos tier.  Many of the shards don't require much gold to upgrade (many also require tons of gold, especially the hyper shards).  My point is that once we learn some tricks, we can get to floor 65 (where we earn an ancient power) fairly quickly with minimal investment.  At any point you want you can stop trying to farm ancient power and invest some time in seeing how far you can get or try new builds you want.

But let's be honest, your time wasn't wasted.  A large part of the time spent gearing is farming for shards, which you won't have to do again.  You do have to re-up shards, but we will have to see how expensive it actually is once it comes out (and how much gold we get going back up to floor 65).  If the gold is too little, I'm sure we can have a player outcry and Trendy can respond.  You have to refarm gear, but you were going to do that anyways since the cap is going up, and the gear you farmed to this point was useful in mastery and the progression until now.

@lekkin007 quote:

In order to see the benefits of the ascension cap raises you'll have to raise your ascension. I only see these being valuable once you are done doing ancient power resets (because 320 is needed just to reach the original 140 cap). Then you have to go for a high ascension level, even with a large increase to % exp gained...it is a process that will take tens of thousands of levels by my quick estimates.

@lekkin007 quote:

@MaJean quote:

You are talking in hyperbole.  Resetting for ancient power will always be your choice.  If you don't reset, you'll still want to farm new gear since the gear cap is increasing, so yes the time spent farming end game gear was "wasted", but this was always going to be the case even if they had only added an 8th chaos tier.  Many of the shards don't require much gold to upgrade (many also require tons of gold, especially the hyper shards).  My point is that once we learn some tricks, we can get to floor 65 (where we earn an ancient power) fairly quickly with minimal investment.  At any point you want you can stop trying to farm ancient power and invest some time in seeing how far you can get or try new builds you want.

But let's be honest, your time wasn't wasted.  A large part of the time spent gearing is farming for shards, which you won't have to do again.  You do have to re-up shards, but we will have to see how expensive it actually is once it comes out (and how much gold we get going back up to floor 65).  If the gold is too little, I'm sure we can have a player outcry and Trendy can respond.  You have to refarm gear, but you were going to do that anyways since the cap is going up, and the gear you farmed to this point was useful in mastery and the progression until now.

We´ll see tomorrow. I´m not jumping up and down just yet. It doesn´t sound very fun to be honest.

@lekkin007 quote:

@MaJean quote:

You have to refarm gear, but you were going to do that anyways since the cap is going up, and the gear you farmed to this point was useful in mastery and the progression until now.

Perhaps I misunderstood watching the dev stream. I did turn it into a drinking game every time Jose said  "essentially"...so I blacked out after ten minutes...joking. But I don't believe the gear cap is increasing. Again, could be wrong.

Looking at it from the grind aspect i would say the gold required to upgrade everything makes me sad already. So unless they tweaked it(they did tweak the drop rates on trials) the gold alone is enough to put me into depression. There wont be any free hand outs this time of huge piles of gold when you start your journey.