Sign in to follow this  
harry4550

[Contest] Design The Next Event Item

With the next event coming after the holiday seasons, it is time to come up with the next event item, and this time we thought we would give the community the chance to pick the next event item!

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO

1. Pick an item in game that the event item will be modeled after

2. Pick a new name, description, raised by, upgrade level 

3. Pick out new colors for the event, this can include how shinny you may want the item to be. (You can even choose the size of the item)

4. Pick stats for the item. Pick what stats the item has, how high the stats are, ect. (You can even change the swing speed of melee weapons to if you would like)

Restrictions

1. The item can not have profanity, anything inappropriate, copyrighted names ect. 

2. The item will have to pass my "OP" filter. You can suggest whatever you want but know that the actual item may not end up as strong as you may have wanted it. 

Rewards

The item with the most hearts will be a reward for the next event. As a bonus the winner will also receive a Rockshatter. 

How to make items

For those interested in submitting an idea, it's not quite so hard as needing the skills to "model" an item. All you have to do is type cheat codes*** inside the Dungeon Defender's Development Kit (free download under Tools in your Steam library) to change item characteristics. I will try to list a concise set of steps here that resourceful people could get set up.

1. Download the Dungeon Defender's Development Kit in the Tools section of your Steam library.

2. Navigate to the directory where you have DD installed (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders\Binaries) then go to Binaries/Win32/DunDefDevelopment.exe

3. This is the test/development version of the game that comes with the DDDK, plays like the regular game but with chat commands. When you click on the program it will show you the typical launch screen to DD. Do not go into the configure options, just click play. If it asks you to rebuild scripts, click yes. It will get most of the way there then come up with a warning saying it didnt build correctly blah blah blah... close out of it and launch it again. when it asks you again click no this time. 

4. You will start with a blank save, so use chat commands to get items. If you start typing in chat they will list autocomplete options. You will want to know "dolevelvictory" (to get end of map rewards), "killallenemies", "godall" to start getting items. Type them in the chat without quotes.

5. Once you have an item, most item modifying commands start with "setequipment ". Drop the item on the ground and while looking at the item so it's info pops up on screen type these commands to modify it. For example, I can change the hero damage of a weapon by looking at it and typing "setEquipmentHeroStatValue 3 999". This set's 3rd hero stat(hero damage iirc) to 999.

setequipmentstatvalue

0 Ranged

1 melee

2 elemental

3 sps

4 clip size

5 reload

6 knockback

7 charge

8 blocking

9 projectiles

10 proj speed

Pet

0 melee

1 Ranged

2 additional elemental dmg

3 attack speed

4 boost

5 Range

6 Defense resistance boost

7 Defense Range Boost

8 blocking dmg resistance

9 Num heroes boosted

10 proj speed

setequipmentqualityindex 19 (for ult++)

setequipmentherostatvalue 1-10 (for hero stat values)

setequipmentmaxlevel 456 (sets max ups to 456)

setequipmentsellable 0 (0 to prevent sell; 1 to sell)

settimedilation (speeds up map time)

setequipmentlevelrequirement (for max level rquirement)

6. Other useful commands are "setTimeDilation" and "duplicateItem"

***This is a development tool, these "cheat codes" are there because they were useful in testing the game(they really do help). This will not affect or work in your regular steam copy of Dungeon Defenders. But hey, while you've got the DDDK downloaded why not try to make an event map or two:) 

Made a video guide last year for people who want a quick run down on how to customize items using the "console" -- 
Good luck to all those who are participating! :txphorns::claugh::txphorns:

In case if someone wants, I can help you out in making an item, take pictures and gifs for you if you're unfamiliar on how to that. You can take a look at my submitted entry here to get an idea -- https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/141341/?scrollTo=1251590&page=1 

I'm not entering this time around coz I don't wanna win twice in a row! :cgrazz: :cgrazz: :cgrazz:

In addition to the following video, make sure to download this map: http://cr4zyb4st4rd.co.uk/DD/ITEM/TestMap2.udk and read this post as well. TestMap2 contains more or less all the items nicely spawned on the floor for you to simply pick up and start customizing them! :GDNormal:

<3 Mambo.

So this was an idea I came up with pretty much on the spot and I just went with it.

Weapon:

UUZtS9G.jpg

Weapon stats:

(Ranged damage isn't as op as it looks once you consider that it only has one projectile)

iKc5IC5.jpg

Weapon on default and ninja monk skin:

6W5P80j.jpgprGMn8A.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Item description 

Base weapon: Lemurian Halberd

Name: The Taser 

Description: You're it!

Forged by: THE LAW

Mana value: 911

Quality: Ult (90)

Upgrade levels: 999/999

DrawScale: 0.4

Melee DMG: 94

Ranged DMG: 616000

Projectile Speed: 10000

Extra Projectiles: 0

Hero HP: 112

Hero DMG: 999

AB 1: 555

AB 2: 777

Tower HP: 111

Tower DMG: 111

Tower Rate: 111

Tower Range: 111

Primarycolor: 0.1  0.1  15

Secondarycolor: 200 200 200

____________________________________________________________________________________________

So this is meant to be a good source of single target damage for a dps monk so here are some numbers.

(All tests were done using the ninja monk for consistency)

Monk with just the weapon on:

(On the right is it being hero boosted)

y5bGDPT.jpg

Now with 3k hero damage and 2k hero boost:

rZRsKB3.jpg

Now with 7k hero damage and 3.5k hero boost:

adkRVvz.jpg

Thanks for the Contest, I had a lot of fun working on this! 

@Area 51 quote:

Is it okay to make more than 1 item? For example 2 items that match eachother, like bracers and hat maybe

As long as the items go together in a set i guess its ok

Here's my entry. Have been wanting to make something along these lines for a bit. Thanks for hosting the contest!

GpZdOHz.pngLhiLf1f.png

v4RwIqJ.png

AkccWPk.png

The item stats that are not directly noticeable are:

Ginger:
Primary color: 0 30 0
Secondary color: 100 100 100
Forger <color:0,255,0>Little elf
Drawn scale 1.1

Cinnamon:
Primary color: 100 0.1 0.1
Secondary color: 10 10 10
Forger <color:255,0,0>Santa
Draw Scale 1.4

Both:

Level requirement 70

Here are them both equipped to a summoner
SF8djPR.png

After adding the function to edit current level, the huntress became way too big with draw scale 1.3 (the feet were sunk into the ground), so I reduced the it to make she not as big

Very cute! :)  I love guardians.  I would make Ginger a little bit bigger.

Area 51, boost stat effect caps at 40 (and range at 90), so every value from 40 on up does the same thing.  So 62 is already capped and good enough in terms of stats, but I don't know what it means.  I know 1225 is Christmas, but what is 62?

@Plane quote:

Very cute! :)  I love guardians.  I would make Ginger a little bit bigger.

Area 51, boost stat effect caps at 40 (and range at 90), so every value from 40 on up does the same thing.  So 62 is already capped and good enough in terms of stats, but I don't know what it means.  I know 1225 is Christmas, but what is 62?

The huntress didn't get as big because I ended up not upgrading her. My idea was to be at 1.3 before getting them to max level, since they get bigger with upgrades.

62 has no special meaning, I just had no idea of any cool number above 40 to give the guardians, so I just went with a random one

Add in SetEquipmentLevel to DunDefPlayerController.uc and rebuild scripts

exec function SetEquipmentLevel(int Level)
{
    local DunDefDroppedEquipment theDroppedEquipment;
    theDroppedEquipment = FindBestActivatableActor();
    if(theDroppedEquipment != none)
    {
        theDroppedEquipment.MyEquipmentObject.Level = Level;
        theDroppedEquipment.RefreshQualityColor();
    }
}

Then use setequipmentlevel followed by setequipmentdrawscale and take pictures with the size you want to have

EDIT: One more thing that might help with getting the size on pets right: DD uses the "swing speed" stat in calculating pet size as well, so if you set the same draw scale on two different pets and they end up different sizes, try changing the swing speed as well. 

I was going to work on an item today but i keep getting an error with the Development tool. 
It's saying i'm missing some .dll files.

"The code execution cannon proceed because"
wxmsw28u_core_vc_custom.dll
wxmsw28u_aui_vc_custom.dll
wxmsw28u_xrc_vc_custom.dll
wxmsw28u_richtext_vc_custom.dll
"was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

Here is my submission. 2 Dps Monk weapons that are apart of a set with one range and the other melee. With the theme being Christmas!

https://imgur.com/UIFXY93

Santa's Bane

https://imgur.com/kgtYJ7f

base weapon: gambler's polearm

primarycolor 255 0 0

secondarycolor 0 0 0

swingspeed 1.7

quipmentqualityindex 19

setequipmentdrawscale 1.4

setEquipmentForgerName Evil Santa

description: Santa's weapon to fight Good!

Max upgrades 25

Santa's Boon

https://imgur.com/3CsdAyf

base weapon: gambler's polearm

primarycolor 255 0 0

secondarycolor 0 4 0

swingspeed 1.7

quipmentqualityindex 19

setequipmentdrawscale 1.4

setEquipmentForgerName Good Santa

description: Santa's weapon to fight Evil!

Max upgrades 25

Also is there a way to change projectile colour? 

Ok now here is my entry for the contest.

GX0Wdqv.jpg

It wasn't intentional at first but the weapon does look like its eating the parent huntresses hand which is pretty funny

8s2fGhH.jpg

DSuS3nf.png

Isn't it Christmas-y feeling?

I've made this weapon since my nostalgia of the Shai Hulud weapon that was the best huntress weapon on console for everything and I've wanted to bring it back at least in some-way to be a usable and fun weapon for this event :)

I have the weapon stats written down but I don't really want to post it publicly for now.

@Spader44 quote:

Ok now here is my entry for the contest.

GX0Wdqv.jpg

It wasn't intentional at first but the weapon does look like its eating the parent huntresses hand which is pretty funny

8s2fGhH.jpg

DSuS3nf.png

Isn't it Christmas-y feeling?

I've made this weapon since my nostalgia of the Shai Hulud weapon that was the best huntress weapon on console for everything and I've wanted to bring it back at least in some-way to be a usable and fun weapon for this event :)

I have the weapon stats written down but I don't really want to post it publicly for now.

What happened to the Old Ones Relic you were gonna make???

8W6YfuO.jpgLmbWlJj.jpg

Description should say "Now you only need a tophat to complete the look" But stupid character limits didnt let me do it :3
Also its ult93~

lFHEt7J.jpg

So this is what i came up with :3 (Buffed them a bit) :D

VYjC3Bu.jpg

Ups 1/1. 

This is how they look equipped.

FNiUhaU.jpg

hbpR9DT.jpg

P.S the name is not written in stone and might chance to something more Xmas related.