Sign in to follow this  
[CG] LAWLTA

Power of the Ancients and Mastery VII Info

Greetings Defenders,

All Mastery tiers are now unlocked, and the Prove Your Mastery progression event has ended! Everyone in the studio had a blast watching all of you progress through the challenges it provided and was rooting for you along the way. Tons of great feedback was provided, some iterated on mid-event, others will be looked at after Power of the Ancients releases.

For all of you that have reached the Top 10 within any of the Mastery events, you will receive your crowns by the end of Wednesday. We'll get word out when all are distributed, some may receive their's sooner. If you did not receive a crown by Thursday, PM me (Lawlta), and we'll get you taken care of!

Here are the Top 10 Mastery VII spots for each platform:

Steam
nzQ0r3q.png

PlayStation 4
njYcngb.png

Xbox One

UNjUC0p.png

We made a DevLog post regarding our new FREE EXPANSION, Dungeon Defenders II:  Power of the Ancients. Check it out here!

Speaking of Power of the Ancients, IT'S RELEASING DECEMBER 12TH ON ALL PLATFORMS! The announcement was teased on the Friday Fun stream, and we're excited to announce it officially. Get hyped! We will be having a Dev Stream this Friday to talk more about the, so tune in on Friday at 3PM EST to get some more juicy info for our FREE first expansion.

For more information on Mastery and the Prove Your Mastery progression event, click here.

Mastery I Winners and Info.

Mastery II Winners and Info.

Mastery III Winners and Info.

Mastery IV Winners and Info.

Mastery V Winners and Info.

Mastery VI Winners and Info.

Congratulations to those of you who have mastered Mastery, best of luck to those who are still climbing, and get ready for the Onslaught!

The Dungeon Defenders II Team

I'm sorry, but the event was terrible. So disappointed that not even the final top 11 - 50 could of won something.......... This was the first "event" for Xbox One and it wasn't even a happy one for myself and other players. Solo mastery was so stressful that ( well I can't really say. )  Spooky event got turned down for Mastery......  Why I say, why?

* I will say that playing Mastery with a decent team that communicates was fun. Solo Mastery was even worse then my worst nightmares.

Mastery was Fun and Intresting! I had a great time  with it. Thank you! 

Shame that there is no reason for me to do them again =(

With the exception of 30 sec build maps, I feel like Mastery is significantly easier solo. I know I'm not alone with this sentiment.

I wonder if Xbox is more difficult due to the limitations of playing on a controller. But Mama, a player who finished top 5 on PC, apparently plays with a controller.

But there's also the fact that Xbox had way less time at the end game, so many players may lack the shards and relics needed to solo.

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

I'm sorry, but the event was terrible. So disappointed that not even the final top 11 - 50 could of won something.......... This was the first "event" for Xbox One and it wasn't even a happy one for myself and other players. Solo mastery was so stressful that ( well I can't really say. )  Spooky event got turned down for Mastery......  Why I say, why?

* I will say that playing Mastery with a decent team that communicates was fun. Solo Mastery was even worse then my worst nightmares.

@The Jason Order quote:

With the exception of 30 sec build maps, I feel like Mastery is significantly easier solo. I know I'm not alone with this sentiment.

I wonder if Xbox is more difficult due to the limitations of playing on a controller. But Mama, a player who finished top 5 on PC, apparently plays with a controller.

But there's also the fact that Xbox had way less time at the end game, so many players may lack the shards and relics needed to solo.

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

I don't even attempt the combo challenges of "30 second timer and 10 different defenses" solo.  There's not enough time. I can't be everywhere fighting multiple bosses and fixing defenses, while I'm being violated by DAs. I always use a dryad for attacking and for defenses, since every other defense seems so weak. There's also the problem of nimbus's not working properly and them just floating doing nothing.... The problems I'm having are technically, "the combo of challenges for a level", "Having certain levels not solo friendly", or "defenses not working properly and/or they are very weak".

The lack of time was a factor, since I didn't have almost all the characters and all legendaries when it came to equipment. I had a good variety of shards, but I was missing a few extras of main shards. If Mastery was added next year I think things might of went differently for Xbox One. I made it to top 50 on the final leader board for Xbox One, but apparently that means nothing. TE only cares for the elite that plays the game non-stop......

Cheers for a nice event.

Hard runs at times, but far from impossible.
Once you got things right, some maps and conditions were fairly ok solo, even without all the things people seem to be hungup on missing and not having.

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

I'm sorry, but the event was terrible. 

Although I usually disagree with you, and I in fact loved the new mode, I agree with you entirely about the event.  I think events should always be community wide (this was not, since only a small percentage were able to complete it), and there should be no limits on the number who can win.  Maybe there can be exclusive flair for a top few, like what we had actually, but a so-called event should always have other rewards for those who participate.  For instance, Trendy could've given bonus gold/exp to anyone who completed each mastery in a given week, had bonus golden pets that were exclusive to the event, introduced new weapons that we could get early in the event but would be added to the drop table in Onslaught.  Something to make it a celebration of the new game mode, and not forgetting about Halloween.  By the way, I don't consider a sale or new costumes an event either.  Those are at best ancillary, and while nice, they also miss the mark of including the whole community.  Events need a F2P community inclusive aspect in order to be successful.

That said, I will say once again: thanks so much for all your hard work Trendy!  I did love the new game mode, and I'm really looking forward to Onslaught.  I hope we have lots of cool and unique events in the future, and that we get some epic boss battles again soon!

@The Jason Order quote:

Although I ran most of the weeks as a 3 man party some challenges such as no deaths/no destroys are far easier to solo as the enemies hardly even get out of spawn and you can just hide behind the defence line.

30 sec timer with certain challenges/maps though just felt silly solo, on console you spend half the time navigating the inventory page.

Overall though I found the masteries fun other than C6 which just felt painful to play at times even from the 1st map we knew it was going to be a struggle. It gave a reason to boot up the game and play a marathon session.

Congratulations to the same people as always that keep winning and don't have playtest accounts!

I bet Steam's leaderboards are the easiest, you only have to copypaste.

@Nefhith quote:

Congratulations to the same people as always that keep winning and don't have playtest accounts!

I bet Steam's leaderboards are the easiest, you only have to copypaste.

51 Different people were in top10 sheets.

TE should of had it where if you won once for a week that you couldn't win again. So if a player won on week 1 then he/she couldn't win again for weeks 2 - 7, but could still get rewards for getting all stars at the end of week 7. This would of had more players receiving rewards and would of made the event more fair.

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

TE should of had it where if you won once for a week that you couldn't win again. So if a player won on week 1 then he/she couldn't win again for weeks 2 - 7, but could still get rewards for getting all stars at the end of week 7. This would of had more players receiving rewards and would of made the event more fair.

It would be very strange to do that.

Just imagine we were talking about Olympic games - you say like "Lets do 3 gold medals, 3 silver and 3 bronze so that more people can win the prize!" Or "People who already earned a medal before don't compete in all next Olympics"

Everything was fair enough. 

@Kanguroo quote:

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

Just imagine we were talking about Olympic games - you say like "Lets do 3 gold medals, 3 silver and 3 bronze so that more people can win the prize!" Or "People who already earned a medal before don't compete in all next Olympics"

Was thinking that would be weird too. They could get a chaos 1 flair but no chaos 6 flair? Doesn't make any sense.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Kanguroo quote:

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

Was thinking that would be weird too. They could get a chaos 1 flair but no chaos 6 flair? Doesn't make any sense.

Players would still get flair from every mastery from 1 - 7, but can't earn the exclusive crown and title twice. They would still be able to earn stars and receive all the normal rewards from every mastery. My change wasn't probably the best solution, but don't tell me that Mastery was "fair", especially for Xbox One. We never even gotten an event yet and this doesn't feel like a good first event for us.

What would players do with multiple titles and crowns? Wear one of them each day?

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

@Kanguroo quote:

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

Players would still get flair from every mastery from 1 - 7, but can't earn the exclusive crown and title twice. They would still be able to earn stars and receive all the normal rewards from every mastery. My change wasn't probably the best solution, but don't tell me that Mastery was "fair", especially for Xbox One. We never even gotten an event yet and this doesn't feel like a good first event for us.

What would players do with multiple titles and crowns? Wear one of them each day?

I mean, because each top ten crown would look different. So each character gets to wear one?

(Darn, I just realize that I typed chaos 1 flair/ chaos 6 flair instead of crowns in my last post........)

So...I was wondering, would the Top Ten crowns will be on display in the cosmetics? Always wanted to know how the final design looks in-game.

Maybe. I think the regular crown is already in cosmetics, so the Mastery crowns would look like that one, but with a roman numeral in the middle of it?

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

So...I was wondering, would the Top Ten crowns will be on display in the cosmetics? Always wanted to know how the final design looks in-game.

Maybe. I think the regular crown is already in cosmetics, so the Mastery crowns would look like that one, but with a roman numeral in the middle of it.

Guess we'll know in hours time....when the winners receive their crowns.

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

@Kanguroo quote:

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

Correct me if I´m wrong, but is the challenge not equally hard (or easy, depending on how you look at it) for all Xbox users (you´re on Xbox right?)? 

There are 3 seperate leaderboards so there is no competition across platforms... It´s not like you´ve been in competition with the top 10%(PC) players anyway, so please take no offense, but it just seems like you feel entitled and are bumming out because you didn´t make top 10. 

Competitions will have winners and losers. It´s the way you handle defeat, that define you as a person.

^ I wouldn't be voicing my concern for Mastery if it was an actual event that rewarded the majority of players instead of the low elite % of players. Xbox One never had an event before and this doesn't seem to be an event to me, but more of a competition. Why couldn't we of had an actual event like the spooky event that PC and PS4 had? (I know I've said this multiple times, but I still haven't received an answer for this.) Like an event where a special boss had a small % of dropping event items or an legendary chest at the end of a special level could drop event items? Instead we get a decorated tavern, full price demon dlc (for Xbox One) and Mastery. (Yes, I've said this before as well.)

I just wanted an event to be fun and could be played with the majority in mind for our (Xbox One players) first event. Not a competition, but an actual event that rewards the majority not just the elites. Was that too much to ask for?

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

^ I wouldn't be voicing my concern for Mastery if it was an actual event that rewarded the majority of players instead of the low elite % of players. Xbox One never had an event before and this doesn't seem to be an event to me, but more of a competition. Why couldn't we of had an actual event like the spooky event that PC and PS4 had? (I know I've said this multiple times, but I still haven't received an answer for this.) Like an event where a special boss had a small % of dropping event items or an legendary chest at the end of a special level could drop event items? Instead we get a decorated tavern, full price demon dlc (for Xbox One) and Mastery. (Yes, I've said this before as well.)

I just wanted an event to be fun and could be played with the majority in mind for our (Xbox One players) first event. Not a competition, but an actual event that rewards the majority not just the elites. Was that too much to ask for?

I´m sure there will be events in the future of which you speak of, that you also might find fun and rewarding:)

Was expecting the crowns to be small and with no like shiny auras or something to be very visible and fun to wear.

So no shiny stuff, or turtles. But...

97520252.jpg

I love them!

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

Yes! All exclusive crowns are different. C7 crown differs more than others. And yes! I wear different crowns on different chars. The value of crowns is that few people have them. If half of the server would have them - they would be junk.

Xbox players compete ONLY with Xbox players - same chances. There was no competition between Steam players and Xbox players. 

As a matter of fact best of Xbox players won exclusive crowns. If 7 people could finish all - it means it is quite possible.

It is simple logic: Players who play more than others get better in game and win prizes (Read: Sportsmen who train themselves more - win Olympic games).

Compare the Ascension leaderboard with Prove your Mastery leaderboard. The highlevel players got top10 mastery. It was predictable. If someone wanted to get to top10 - they should have tried harder, farmed more shards, geared chars, etc.

So what was unfair, my friend?