Sign in to follow this  
harry4550

[Event] The Great Turkey Defense

It's that time again. EVENT TIME!!! The heroes have been working hard defending all year long and have worked up quite an appetite. However, the old ones forces are hungry as well! Don't let them get your thanksgiving dinner! 

What Do I Need to Know

Please check out this thread to get up to speed on how to run events. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1211979327

When Will The Event Happen

The event will start on Friday, December 1st 12:00 (UTC-4/EST) and end on Sunday, December 3rd 22:00(UTC-4/EST). There will be guaranteed at least one host on from 12:00-22:00(UTC-4) each day. We will try to have hosts available at other times as well.

What Do I Need to do to be Ready for the Event

The event map will be open for download a couple of days in advance of the event. This thread will be updated with a link to that map at the bottom once it is up. Before the event you need to check back to this thread and subscribe to the map in the Steam Workshop. Please try hosting it yourself before the event at least once to make sure you have it installed correctly. After that, get ready for quick thinking, quick building, and quick DPS. Hacked and/or modded gear is not permitted during the event *except for gear from the Event Armory Shipment*. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1212045289

What If I Can't Get On During Those Times

If you are unable to participate in the event while it is running please talk to either Acen(ddace) or myself (Harry) via forum/steam pm. We will try to accommodate you as best we can.

Can I Play With My Friends

Yes! You can bring a group of up to 5 players. So find some compadres to adventure with ya:) (If some of your friends have already ran the event they can re-run it with you for fun but please keep in mind that those who have yet to run the event will get first priority over those who are re-running the event so you may have to wait longer than expected.) 

Map Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1203060488

Note: You may encounter an issue after you download the event map and try to go back to ranked and join a game. It is possible you might get a package version mismatch error. The first step to fix this is to restart the game. If that doesn't work then unsubscribe from the map and verify integrity of your game cache.

F.Y.I. Unlike the last event, all participants will get all event items just for playing. Winning will not be required.  

I'm so excited I might actually show up.  But if I don't, I'll definitely harass someone for pics of the event items!  :)

We have an updated version of the armory shipment:

→ Event Armory Shipment

Check it out, lots of goodies :)  New items include seahorse, fairy, bloodshot, sceptre, and updated items include the propeller cat and mana bow.

@harry4550 quote:

It's that time again. EVENT TIME!!! The heroes have been working hard defending all year long and have worked up quite an appetite. However, the old ones forces are hungry as well! Don't let them get your thanksgiving dinner! 

What Do I Need to Know

Please check out this thread to get up to speed on how to run events. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1211979327

When Will The Event Happen

The event will start on Friday, December 1st 12:00 (UTC-4/EST) and end on Sunday, December 3rd 22:00(UTC-4/EST). There will be guaranteed at least one host on from 12:00-22:00(UTC-4) each day. We will try to have hosts available at other times as well.

What Do I Need to do to be Ready for the Event

The event map will be open for download a couple of days in advance of the event. This thread will be updated with a link to that map at the bottom once it is up. Before the event you need to check back to this thread and subscribe to the map in the Steam Workshop. Please try hosting it yourself before the event at least once to make sure you have it installed correctly. After that, get ready for quick thinking, quick building, and quick DPS. Hacked and/or modded gear is not permitted during the event *except for gear from the Event Armory Shipment*. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1212045289

What If I Can't Get On During Those Times

If you are unable to participate in the event while it is running please talk to either Acen(ddace) or myself (Harry) via forum/steam pm. We will try to accommodate you as best we can.

Can I Play With My Friends

Yes! You can bring a group of up to 5 players. So find some compadres to adventure with ya:) (If some of your friends have already ran the event they can re-run it with you for fun but please keep in mind that those who have yet to run the event will get first priority over those who are re-running the event so you may have to wait longer than expected.) 

Map Link: Coming Soon

Note: You may encounter an issue after you download the event map and try to go back to ranked and join a game. It is possible you might get a package version mismatch error. The first step to fix this is to restart the game. If that doesn't work then unsubscribe from the map and verify integrity of your game cache.

F.Y.I. Unlike the last event, all participants will get all event items just for playing. Winning will not be required.  

ive got a problem with map downloading, the Event armory shipment map couldnt download, it just wouldnt download when i subbed, so i had the help of black mamba to put the event armory map in a .zip file for me to use, if i drag that into the cookedmods folder it works,

i know 100% that when i download the Actual event map it will not work, will anyone be so kind as to when the map releases copy the map file and place it in a .zip file and email it to me, Scargamingteam@gmail.com

thanks

I'm so glad that this community is still alive even tho i don't play paladins alot anymore Feelsbad but still i'll join this event 

ok-team-lets-do-this.jpg

@Lolstol quote:

hi i cant find the map (i have subscribed)

It can be found in where you have Steam installed on your computer, as per the following path -- 

\ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Dungeon Defenders \ UDKGame \ CookedMods 

Subscribed map files should be in the "CookedMods" folder.

Additionally, in-game the map will show up only on OPEN or LOCAL modes. 
When you go in your tavern in either of OPEN or LOCAL modes, go to the Map Selection screen/menu and there will be a small label named "Custom Maps" click on that and it will display the list of all Workshop mods you've subscribed to.

Armory Map you cannot start. Its just a Tavern re-skin with the ability to get gear.
Rest other maps you can start normally by going to the Map Selection screen/menu in OPEN or LOCAL mode, and there will be a small label named "Custom Maps" click on that and it will display the list of all Workshop mods you've subscribed to.

This map was pretty fun! Went in blind with the team(i.e. didn't practice). Got till last wave!
Fun map, love the items though! Finally an event Chicken Gun! :D